๐Ÿฑ NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 655 total)
  • Author
    Bobby dog

Petco is offering $15 off your order of $75 with promo code dec15 at checkout through Sunday.

#59464 Report Abuse
    Naturella

@Akari_32, I think you’re right, I may have to tell them the problems of messing with my stuff and then cancelling my order and what not, just cause it did shock me to no end she’destroy coupons before anything was done. And claim I didn’t have what I said I did.

@InkedMarie
    , also just waking up so let me try to explain coherently, lol.
    Here is what I was prepared to do:

I had 4 $5-off any bag of Specialty Brand (Castor&Pollux, Wellness , and Nulo included in the list) dry dog or cat food (that said “not valid with any other offer”), and 4 Wellness manufacturer $7-off any bag of dry dog or cat food (that said “one per customer”) stacked together. I had 3 C&P manufacturer coupons (that said “one per customer”) for $5-off any bag of Organix or Ultramix, each stacked with the $5-off Petsmart specialty brand coupon mentioned above. I also had a Nulo manufacturer coupon for $3-off any 4.5lb bag of food that said nothing that I can remember, stacked with the $5-off Petsmart coupon mentioned above. I also had a ton of the Wellness manufacturer coupons for $2-off any wet food, that said “one per customer”.

When I went to the register I figured I’d split my order and do all the Wellness stuff first as I also had a Petland $10-off $25+ purchase that I was going to ask if they’d match, as well as a Petsmart receipt coupon for $5-off ANY $5+ purchase I would ask them to use if they wouldn’t match the Petland coupon. I had 4 bags, 6 cans, and 6 Petite Entrees of Wellness altogether. So after she scanned them all, I gave her the 8 total dry food coupons and 12 coupons for the wet food. She started looking at them antsily, scanning here and there, putting papers everywhere, and ripping the Petsmart $5-off specialty brand coupons as she went! Close to the end of the transaction she decided she would only take six of the wet food coupons, not 12, and that she would claim I only gave her 2 Petsmart coupons, not 4. Luckily, I found an extra one in my bag and gave it to her and she decided she wouldn’t take it, and that she couldn’t do this, wasn’t comfortable, etc. I asked her if she preferred to do separate transactions for each bag. If you know me, you’d know I am a very accommodating person, so I would do whatever they felt was better for them. Well, because I was there the day before and did basically the same thing, she assumed maybe that I’m trying to use coupons to “rob” their store, lol, so she decided that, as a manager, she couldn’t handle my coupons and didn’t want this checkout on her record, so she asked an assistant to come check me out and cancelled my order, wrote on my extra $5-off Petsmart coupon that I had 2 more, and got another lady over.

The new lady was very polite, so she started reading through the coupons and decided that I can only use ONE of each of the Wellness dry and wet food period, as it said “one per customer” on them, and she did let me use the $5-off Petsmart coupon with them. So first actual transaction was one bag and one can of Wellness with the 2 Wellness and 1 Petsmart coupons. Then I wanted to do a C&P bag, with a C&P coupon and a Petsmart coupon, but then the lady decided my C&P coupon wasn’t authentic cause it was printed off a printer, and the coupon said “reproduction of coupon forbidden” (as did the Wellness). I explained that I got it online and she said I can’t trust online coupons. Um, the Wellness coupons came online too! Hello! Very few places send actual coupons in this day and age! Either way, she wouldn’t take it, so I proceeded with one bag of Nulo with a Nulo coupon and a Petsmart coupon just fine.

At the other store I tried to do basically the same and see what happens and the lady there let me use one $7-off Wellness coupon, one $2-off wet Wellness coupon, and one Petsmart coupon together for a bag and a can of Wellness. Then she saw the Petsmart coupon said “not valid with other offers” so she wouldn’t combine it with anything anymore and I should’ve stopped shopping, but I was getting confused so I ended up with 2 bags of C&P at only $5-off and 2 more cans of Wellness with each transaction of a C&P bag, with the Wellness coupons for wet food applied.

Hope this makes it more clear… If anything, I’m not contesting coupon policy, just the very first lady ripping my stuff and lying about how many Petsmart coupons I had.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Naturella.
    #59470 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Oh Naturella-
    I agree, she had no right to rip up your coupons wether they were usable for that transaction or not. I’ve never heard of that before. I hope you can let this bad incident go and focus on your school. Don’t let an ugly experience like this affect you for too long. It’s not worth it. I’m not saying not to report it. You probably should and might even get more coupons to smooth things over! We all know you are a great person and were not trying to do anything wrong. Coupon policies have nothing to do with how many pets you have. They should be black and white. But, working for a retail company, I know that not everyone is always trained properly. And not everyone is equipped to deal with customer service very well. Are you done with your finals yet?

#59474 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

BDog-
    I saw the $15 Petco offer. It makes me crazy as I don’t really need anything right now! Those are the type of offers I hate to pass up! lol! But, I usually justify buying something we don’t really NEED. I Just have to remember that there will be another similar offer soon.

#59476 Report Abuse
    Naturella

@crazy4cats, yeah, I am not letting this stick around, by the time we stop talking about it I will be over it. Dang it, I have to go back now to get her name… boo… what if she’s not there, will they give it to me? And can she refuse to give me her name or let me see it on her employee badge? What do I do then, describe her to corporate? Lol!

Anyway, yeah, I did a big paper yesterday, I have to polish up another one, at about 65% done, then make a presentation, and study for my last final on Monday. I will be done with schoolwork for the semester on Monday.

#59477 Report Abuse
    jakes mom

I agree, you need to report that woman’s conduct to corporate. No excuse for her to treat you like that. Then let it go and enjoy your holidays and school break.

#59482 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

C4c:
    I am not partaking in that offer because I am preparing my shopping list for my pet store’s 30% off everything sale tomorrow. lol I don’t really need anything, but I can stock up, right?

#59483 Report Abuse
    Dori

Jakes Mom I agree with you. The salesperson should be reported to corporate and then let it go.

#59513 Report Abuse
    Naturella

I just emailed PetSmart. I still don’t have the lady’s name, but oh well. We’ll see what happens.

#59556 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

They’ll ask for her name. Gives you time to go back and get her name. If she refuses to let you know her name, tell corporate when they respond.

Let us know what they say.

#59557 Report Abuse
    Dori

It really would be best if you can drop in the store periodically until you find out her name otherwise someone else might get in trouble. Whether you get her name or not, my assumption is that they will apologize to you for her lack of customer service, they’ll say they want to continue having you as a customer, blah,blah, blah and they’ll send you a bunch of coupons. LOL! Coupons was the issue to begin with with the salesperson. It still would be good if you could give them her name. No one that is dealing with the public in retail should be allowed to act the way she did to anyone regardless of who was right or wrong.

#59584 Report Abuse
    Z B

Groupon coupon for Petbrosia dog or cat food: 20 lb bag for $23.99. (Regularly $60)

#59589 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Are you talking about this coupon? http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-custom-dog-food-from-petbrosia

It says “no longer available” on it. ๐Ÿ™

#59590 Report Abuse
    Z B

Yes that’s the one. But I just now signed into my groupon account and it is still available on my end. Did you try signing in?

#59591 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

No, I don’t have an account. That’s probably why. Thanks for clearing that up!

#59592 Report Abuse
    Z B

I’ve gotten good deals there on other things, too. Restaurant coupons for half off, etc.
    signing up is free ๐Ÿ™‚

#59594 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Okay, thanks! I will consider it.

#59852 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Petco is offering free shipping, no minimum for one day.

#59864 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Hey, all, I have a question. Can one be reported for coupon misuse or something like that post-factum, like after the transaction has been completed store left, etc.? For example, for the deal I got for Snowy, if the manager who checked me out were to get in trouble, could he try to report me for using too many coupons or something? And the Wellness coupons do say no photocopies or reproductions, something like that – does that mean you can only print one? And if you did print more and a cashier was to accept them all, is it on you or the cashier if they weren’t supposed to take them all? Can the company get you through an IP address on the coupon or something?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Naturella.
    #59871 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I don’t think so. I mean, I suppose they could, but it’s their job to prevent you from using coupons “incorrectly” (according to their policy) in the first place. I don’t see why they would.

But yes, the company that puts out the coupons could track you through your IP address, or however it was you got your coupons (like how Wellness takes your name and address), but honestly, I don’t think they care that much. People are buying their products, and they’re making money.

#59874 Report Abuse
    Naturella

I see… what if I have given some coupons to friends? But I was the one who printed them… you think they’d care then?

#59875 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I don’t think so. I print off and share excess coupons all the time. I even leave some on the shelves at the store if I’m not going to use them.

#59876 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Ok… well, I hope SWAT teams don’t come knocking on my door then, lol. Ugh… just remembered the mean lady from PetSmart so got worried for a bit. I gave 2 friends some coupons so… yeah…

#59882 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

They won’t LOL Don’t that mean PetSmart lady get you down.

#59883 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Coupon overuse is NOT a police matter. They(police) would laugh their butts off if someone asked them to enforce their(store, dog food company) coupon policy.

#59884 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I would love to hear the dispatch recording of someone reporting coupon abuse! ;P

#59885 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

That would be a great call though :p

Anyways, I have a coupon trip planned for tonight! At PetSmart:

5x 4lb bags of Hill’s Ideal Balance Puppy– $10.99 each
    6x 3oz cans of Wellness Complete Health cat food– $1.19 each

5x $5 off any Natural or Specialty brand PetSmart coupon
    5x $5 off any bag or case of Hill’s dog or cat food Pet Supermarket coupon
    6x $2 off any Wellness can coupon

It’ll be 9 cents before tax (and after coupons), and 4-something aftertax and coupons. I may also get another bag of Natural Balance at Petco… Maybe lol

#59902 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

OMG, 9 cents before tax?! Where do you come up with this stuff? It’s AMAZING!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Dog_Obsessed.
    #59908 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

You should live in NH: no tax!

#59909 Report Abuse
    Dori

WHAT??????? Marie there’s no tax in NH? REALLY? Jeesh, I think that should be my next move. I don’t mind the cold any more, I love the snow. And now no tax? No brainer!!!!!

So there’s no sales tax at all? What about property tax? Any other tax? My brain is working here. Unlike most people, I like to move.

My husband keeps suggesting we move to Maine. NH, close enough!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Dori.
    #59931 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Yep, only tax on food at restaurants and hotel/lodging. We do have high vehicle registration to make up for it. Depending on where in maine, you’re close enough to shop here (offhand, live in Kittery/York, Lebannon/Sanford). Or, just move to NH. Its a beautiful state.

#59935 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I second NH being beautiful. I’ve been up there a few times during the summer.

#59938 Report Abuse
    Dori

Thanks Marie. We’ve been in Georgia for 13 years and, being from the Northeast, I have to say I can’t stand it much longer. I think Jim keeps talking about Maine because I am an ocean person. I feel most at home and centered and calm by the ocean. We’ve never been to NH. We should have done that when we lived in Massachusetts (Cape Cod). I am looking to live somewhere beautiful and peaceful. I’m so done with the city life.

#59941 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

@Akari I just realized that between replies and topics, you have exactly 1,000 posts. I’m not trying to be a stalker or anything, I just happened to click on your profile and I noticed it. ๐Ÿ˜€

#59943 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Dog Obsessed: where in NH?

Dori: come back north east!

#59948 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

It was some tiny town in Southern New Hampshire. I also remember that there wasn’t sales tax.

#59953 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Akari, that would be an awesome trip! Hope it works out as planned! You know, when my friend tried to use the $2-off Wellness for a can that was $1.99, they wouldn’t take it – said it has to be a minimum of $2 for them to take it, but the coupon doesn’t say that… Oh well…

And I read an article, in the link below, about some woman arrested for using too many coupons and also on the stupid Wellness coupon it says something like “reproduction is punishable by law”… etc. That’s why I was scared the police might come knocking, lol. Although I don’t know what they mean by “reproduction”, because I didn’t copy the coupons, I just printed a few at the same time. Ooooh, and the second cashier who was checking me out said that if I had really printed the coupon from a Wellness email it wouldn’t say that reproduction is prohibited. Really? SO not true. Wish I could have opened my email to show her, lol

http://www.wral.com/alleged-coupon-fraud-in-cary-target-store-results-in-arrest-/13785296/ – not sure if this is real or not though…

#59955 Report Abuse
    Naturella

But yes, no sales tax sounds awesome! ๐Ÿ™‚

And I need to stop talking about this coupon experience, and stop psyching myself out. It is over. I have given coupons away – whoever can use them, awesome; if the company cares to look up my IP address and send the cops knocking or whatever it is they would do, I can do nothing. Oh well. Moving on.

Dog_Obsessed, fingers crossed all remains well with you and yours! ๐Ÿ™‚ crazy4cats too (if she sees this)!

#59957 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Naturella:
    I like this story better about it, particularly this sentence “In a lengthy, grammatically-challenged Facebook post for her fans, Wells denied the charges.” lol

TLC Reality Star Busted, Charged With Misusing Coupons at Target

I would worry about myself if I did something like Wells is accused of doing. This is theft; she intentionally used coupons fraudulently to get free or discounted merchandise with the help of accomplices (allegedly).

#59958 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Bobby Dog, I guess it is true then, and she did take quite a bit of stuff based on the value of the total. And I really am not trying to misuse coupons, I would never contest a “no, this coupon says such and such, so we can’t apply it to such and such”. I just don’t want the cashiers to be asses about it, and I gave coupons to friends not to buy me food, but to get deals for their own pets, so yeah, I guess it’s different. I hope!

#59963 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

By reproduction it means copying a printed coupon and using the copies. That is illegal. Also reselling the coupons, or reselling the product you bought with the coupons for a profit. That’s a big problem down here.

Just wanted to let you guys know, I got 5 bags of Ideal Balance, a bag of Nutro Ultra, 6 cans of Wellness (3oz), and 4 cans of Instinct Pride. Paid $2.85! Forgot I had $10 off $25 coupons left :p

#59967 Report Abuse
    Naturella

That’s what I thought! I would never, nor have I ever actually photocopied an already printed coupon. Or resell the coupons or the stuff I bought! I never even thought people would do this, lol.

And woot woot for the deal!!! You are by all means fantastic at this stuff! I’d love to have you over to visit and do a coupon spree at my local PetSmart so you can educate some people on some coupon stuff… Or simply manners… LoL. AND just so we can hang out too! ๐Ÿ™‚ If you’re ever in GA, north of Atlanta, let me know! ๐Ÿ™‚

And quick question, Akari – do they pay you back for the cans if they’re less than $2.00? Or just use the coupon anyway?

#59976 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

There is a loophole around selling coupons, however. You sell your time for clipping them. It’s a big thing on eBay, and I’ve done it a few times.

As long I don’t get my total (before tax) into the negative, I can use whatever coupons I want. The overage on the wellness cans with the coupons just goes toward the other products I buy in the same order.

I would love to hang out! Too bad I don’t travel much. I need a vacation lol

#59990 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Oh wow! I didn’t know you could do this! So cool! I’d so hire you! LoL! Maybe in a year when I actually need dog food! ๐Ÿ™‚

And I see, okay, makes sense now because my friend would need to do separate transactions for each can to use the $2-off coupon and the can was $1.99 so they wouldn’t let her do it.

And like I said – if you are ever where I am (cause we may move from GA in 1-2 years tops), you have a standing invitation to visit us! Kennesaw is not super exciting, wish I could offer you something spectacular and vacation-worthy, but it’s all I got at the moment, lol! Just let me know, whenever! ๐Ÿ™‚

#60012 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Also, customers are responsible for tax, which is why you can’t use a $2 off coupon on a $1.99 item, even in a state with no tax (unless you’re also buying something else). You can’t use that coupon toward the tax of the item.

#60035 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Oooh, okay, I understand now. See, if someone explains things nicely to me, I will understand them and not try to do weird things… I just don’t want people to be mean about things and act rudely… Not everyone knows how to work these things, and it is not the customer’s job to know how to (just my opinion, maybe I’m wrong)… All I see is $7-off and $5-off from 2 separate entities (Wellness; PetSmart), so I would love to be educated on what goes with what how. Nicely. That’s all. Just don’t accuse me of copying things or saying I didn’t print this off a valid source, which I did. Or tear my coupons up and cancel my order. That’s all. Done.

I’m so thankful for you and all the knowledge you share! ๐Ÿ™‚

#60037 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I still can’t believe she did that. Did you ever hear back from corporate?

Aww thanks ^///^ I just do what I can. And that’s coupons :3

#60052 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Yeah… I did get an email that said they would look into it in 3-5 business days, so I should hear back from them by tomorrow I believe.

This is what Jeffrey sent me on Saturday, Dec. 6th:
    “Dear Aleksandra,

Thank you for your e-mail and for bringing this to our attention. I have taken the liberty of entering a customer complaint on your behalf. Your complaint will be addressed by a member of our Management Team within 3-5 business days, and you can expect a reply at that time.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused you, and we appreciate the opportunity you have given us to set the matter right.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey
    PetSmart Customer Care”

#60058 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

That’s it? I wonder if you will actually hear back from them. I hope you do. And I hope you keep couponing! :3 dont let meanie heads stand between you and a good deal!

#60069 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Petco is extending their free shipping no minimum order for one more day.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 655 total)
  • The topic ‘Coupons!’ is closed to new replies.