๐Ÿฑ NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 655 total)
  • Author
    Akari_32
    Participant

Yes it was! This trip actually should have been about $12 less, because the bags were each an additional 20% off due to nearing expiration dates, but the girl forgot to do that after the first bag. Oh well, after the trouble I caused the other day, I’ll let it go this time lol I figured the coupons made it come out even for the other two bags. I won’t go back and bother them lol

#42953 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

great deal!

#42954 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Right?? I was super happy to see that. They were also an additional $5 off from some sale they are having on the large bags and cases. They all three expire with in two months. So hopefully I can use it all before then. If not, I know a few people who can ๐Ÿ™‚

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by Akari_32.
    #42957 Report Abuse
    Naturella

This is an awesome deal! So, tomorrow I am going to the stores (all of them, lol) and getting up to 30lbs of food to donate in Bulgaria for the least amount of cash! I will let you know how it goes! ๐Ÿ™‚

#42966 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Good luck! Let is know of any good deals you get ๐Ÿ™‚

#42978 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

So I am no Akari when it comes to scoring great deals but I do like to keep my eye out for deals I just can’t pass up, and I do like to donate food to rescues/shelters whenever possible.
    So yesterday I went to Petco and got one 3.5lb bag of Purina One sensitive systems dry cat food, Six 5.5oz cans of Iams Pate (2 lamb and 4 turkey and giblets), one 5.5oz can of Halo Shredded Turkey, and two 5.5oz cans of Canidae lifestages indoor cat food and my total was just under $8 (I threw away my receipt and can’t remember exactly not that it really matters) I thought that was pretty decent.

My local TNR group uses the small bags of dry food to give out to their colony feeders (the feeders have to take the food to the feeding stations so it has to be easy to transport and they try to be as invisible as possible) and one of the local supermarkets I think pretty regularly donates cases of the 3lb bags of their store brand so I think that is a good place for the dry food. Or, the local shelters I think usually use most of their dry food donations like that for their pet food pantry so that is another option. And I have a friend that is currently feeding a lot of cats, she is always rescuing and helping out animals in need so I have a big 13lb bag of Purina Cat Chow naturals that I got for free to bring up to her and I have also been collecting cat food cans for her over the last few months so I will add the Iams and Canidae to that collection since the Canidae has rice. And my cats will get the shreds. I am really pretty broke but I try to help when I can.

#42983 Report Abuse
    Harpers Mom

I’m normally not a coupon user or very big into hunting down sales, but today we went to our local hardware/feed store to get harpers food, right now she is on Fromm 4 start grain free. Typically we buy the 24lb bag of food, which is about $53, today they had a little special going on, buy a 12lb bag of dog food get 50% off another 12lb bag and Fromm had factory coupons for a free 4lb bag with purchase of a 12lb pound bag, so we go 2 of those. So all in all we got two twelve lb bags and two 4 lb bags totaling 32 lbs of food for $39.99 which is awesome for Fromm!

#43002 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Good job, Harper’s Mom! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ok, guys, so my donation includes:

TOTW High Prairie Puppy – 5 lbs – $13 from PetLand
    TOTW Pacific Stream Puppy – 5 lbs – $13 from PetLand
    NutriSource Grain Free Lamb – 5 lbs – $14 from PetLand
    NutriSource Grain Free Seafood Select (Salmon really) – 5 lbs – $15 from PetLand
    2 free Castor&Pollux Organix Adult Samples – free from a health food store
    4 cups of Bruno’s food mix – Earthborn Holistic Coastal Catch:Vets Choice Holistic Health Extension:Victor Yukon Salmon in a ratio of 3:1:0.5 in the overall mix – free-ish from my stash, lol
    4 J&W Small Chew bones (the nylon ones) – @ $.97/piece from PetSmart
    3 rope toys – @ $.94/piece from WalMart
    3 chew/rope toys – @ $.94/piece from WalMart
    3 tennis balls for fetching – two @ $.99/piece and one @ $.01/piece from PetSmart
    2 clickers – @ $.99/piece from PetSmart, but I already had them, so free-ish, lol
    1 frisbee – @ $.99/piece from PetSmart
    1 stuffed turtle toy – free gift from Petland
    1 Small Greenie – free gift from Petland
    8 Meow Mix Souffles – @ $.49 or $.50 from Target and PetSmart respectively

All for: $38 (includes also 12 more Meow Mix Souffles for friends’ cats, not the shelter ones)!

Here’s how it adds up: for the PetLand foods I had a coupon for $10-off a $25+ purchase, and they have a one-time promotion of buy-any-TOTW-bag-get-one-NutriSource-Free! So hence the cost of the NutriSource is nulled and for about $17 (with tax and stuff) I got 20 lbs of good food! And added the extra stuff, that can be used as treats! ๐Ÿ™‚

Now, I just pray TSA doesn’t raid my bag and snatch it all up, cause I’d be sad… And hope the animals in the shelter like it all! ๐Ÿ™‚

For reference – 4 bags of food, plus 2 plastic bags of toys, samples, and cat food, cost me under $40, while 2 non-full plastic bags of gifts for the family and friends cost me over $70. So I think I did good! ๐Ÿ™‚

P.S. I think PetLand hates me though… sigh… Meh. lol

#43003 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Naturella:
    Fingers crossed TSA doesn’t raid your bag!!! You are going to make some shelter pets very happy, I love it and so will the shelter and your friend!!! Have a safe journey. ๐Ÿ™‚

#43006 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Bobby Dog,

Thank you! Hope so too! Ah, I can’t wait to go there to give the pooches the gifts! I do hope they like the food and stuff! ๐Ÿ™‚

Also, I forgot to mention that I’m also taking Bruno’s old harness when he was a teeny baby and a collar that someone gave us but we got him a new one (the old was red; the new is forest green. GO JETS! LoL). So those 2 things are in there, plus a couple of old chew toys he never cared about so they’re like new. I think that’s all of it now lol.

#43575 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Hello, everyone! So, I made it to Bulgaria safe and sound and so did most of my stuff. Luggage was too heavy so one of the NutriSources (Lamb) had to stay. But everything else made it through TSA just fine. ๐Ÿ™‚

The shelter in my hometown needs a lot of help with personnel and money for it. They currently have 2 full-time vets who also work as social media managers and donation managers, and also 5 staff who work as caretakers for the 500 dogs and 40 cats in there plus as drivers to pick up animals upon signals from the society. It is hard, but you can clearly see that they love what they do. At least the city pays for the food so the animals are all plentifully fed with some Greek brand (Cracky?). I doubt it is very good though. They did like the food I took and decided to keep it mostly for the little pups who have the highest mortality rate due to lack of isolation space for their shots to help build immunity. My city and country have a low pet care culture and in the whole city only 3 people foster, which is how the shelter ensures isolation time for the little ones. The animals are all spayed/neutered, chipped, de-wormed, and flea/tick treated when available for adoption plus they are free to adopt. So all they need is a good home with love, food, water, and walks. And still people toss their dogs in the streets daily and they end up in the shelter.

They also need crates, dog houses, collars/leashes/chains, blankets/towels/rags/rugs, and toys. Glad I could bring some toys, a collar and harness, and I also went through some old clothes at my parents’ house and took them too. Then I saw how many dogs there are and realized that I had brought basically nothing although they seemed happy for it.

Anywho, I just thought I’d update you all on the outcome of the endeavor.

#43582 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Glad you (and most of the dog food lol) made it ok! It sounds like a great shelter with not enough great pet parents around. If I had the money and was there, I’d be seeing about taking someone home with me…. Lol

#43618 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Thanks, Akari! ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, I wish I could bring a little one back home (to the US) with me, but it is not possible at the time. My Dad also can’t stand animals in the house so no chance of my parents adopting one either. Oh well I guess.

If I can, next time I would bring some more toys and stuff, and maybe some of the “larger” items they need (like a crate or something).

#43620 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

if you keep your eye on craigslist you can probably find cheap to free crates you could bring next time-whenever next time is. How often do you make it back there? Also out of curiosity, how long is the flight? I get out to England semi-often and it’s 8 hrs for me, hate it! Love to travel, but hate to do the actual traveling part…

#43621 Report Abuse
    Naturella

aquariangt,

I go about twice a year. With all travel, from the moment I leave my house in the US to the moment I enter my parents’ in Bulgaria it is about 20-ish hours. Not too fun, lol. If I go again this year, it will be around Christmas. I will certainly be on the lookout for crates and other stuff on Craigslist. As far as toys, Walmart and Petsmart killed it with deals this time, I am happy. ๐Ÿ™‚

#43834 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Did you guys get the wellness coupons yet this month??

#43835 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Also, hopefully it isn’t too late, but it looks like Petco is having a nationwide major reset so I have been finding tons of things on major clearance, but I think it is at the end of the line. I bought the last 4 cans of Solid Gold cat food, the 5.5oz blue can one I think its Turkey, Chicken, and Whitefish pate, and they were 48cents each.

#43838 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I got my wellness coupons a few days ago.

Ooh, I’ll have to swing by PetCo tomorrow and see if I can find anything!

#43842 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hey Sharon:
    Looks like they sent my Holistic and Wellness coupons on the 5th. Nice Petco scores!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

#43843 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I received my Wellness coupons also. But, of course, I left them in the car when I went to Petco yesterday. Shoot, looks like I’ll have to make another trip!

#43847 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Thanks guys, for some reason I don’t think I got mine, or I cant find it anyway and with gmail usually I can just use the search feature and find anything buried really easily. ๐Ÿ™

Here is a link to PetSmarts store coupon for $5 off natural or specialty dry pet foods. If you don’t happen to need anything at the moment, they do have 4lb bags of Authority on sale for $5.99 so after the store coupon it comes to 99 cents which makes for a nice donation item. Personally, I am planning to stack this coupon with my wellness coupon if I can ever find it.

http://pets.petsmart.com/food-center/index.shtml

#43849 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

OOh! Thank you very much. Looks like I’ll be stopping by Pet Smart as well for some Authority canned cat food. Woo Hoo! Did they send this to you, or is there some place on their site that you check for these?

#43850 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

The 3lb bags of SN Source are also on sale for $8.99 so they would come to $3.99 after the coupon which is a great deal

#43851 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

I actually stumbled across a blog site yesterday when I was checking to see if this Petco reset was local or nationwide and it had some great info on it. Let me see if I can find it because it was an awesome couponing resource

#43852 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Here it is! At my local store they started closing out the dog stuff months ago, and then the cat stuff has been more recent. I had my eye on a 17lb bag of Canidae that I was going to donate if the price got low enough, last I checked it was 21.99 and I had a $4 coupon from their calendar I got , well last I went there it was marked down to $9.99 but I missed it, someone had already snagged that last bag, but it would have been a phenomenal deal at 5.99.
    It was at Petco that I got some great deals a week ago or so… a 3.5lb bag of Purina One for $1.98, and cans of Iams at 40 cents a can or so, but it seemed like the clearance stuff went pretty quickly and I never got deals like this lady did.

http://www.pennywisepaws.com/

#43853 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Thanks Sharon! I just bookmarked it and will check it out later. Do you know if Petco does this any other time? Do they do it the same time(s) each year?

#43854 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

I picked up some of the meow mix little cups from Target the other day, because I had a $1.50/6 coupon which made them half price, or 25 cents each. I am keeping 2 of them as a junk food fix for my cats (the tuna and shrimp and salmon crab ones are mostly tuna no wheat gluten or food starch or rice) and the others go in my donation box. I noticed the Solid Gold cans do have rice in them so I will keep one just incase and donate the other 3. I am still avoiding feeding anything with rice in it but its pretty far down in the ingredient list so I think its ok for me to keep on hand as a back up.

#43855 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

That is exactly what I was searching to find out, but I don’t believe that is the case. It looks to me as though they are no longer going to carry any of their lower end products. They seem to have most of their reset done at this point. It looks like they got rid of all the friskies and meow mix dry food, also cat chow and really cut down on the Purina one I think theyre only offering 2 varieties of ONE now and they reduced their Iams section. Maybe they do this every year, cause they were liquidating some of the Wellness pouches (these were all sold out by the time I got there and not even at a great discount) all the canned solid gold, they were getting rid of the Halo Shredded (I bought some, cats hate it so I understand why) also the Canidae lifestages cans the regular green, and purple indoor ones they were clearing out as well as the jumbo bag of the green Canidae Lifestages dry cat food, but they are keeping different sizes and varieties of these brands so I am not exactly sure. It definitely looks like it varies from store to store as far as when they start doing the sale cause at my store the dog stuff has been long done. So to answer your question….I have no clue….lol ๐Ÿ™‚

#43856 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Dont forget to bring all your mfg coupons to Petco just incase! You never know what is gonna be on clearance. It looks like coupons.com has another $1/6 Iams coupon up (it was up for a couple weeks then it was down last week) I got a great deal at Petco on the 5.5oz Iams cans, they had the Turkey and Giblets and Lamb and Rice varieties on clearance, and then I used the $1/off coupon so I would up getting 12 cans I think for 40 some cents a can on two seperate trips. Purina One has coupons on their take the Purina One 28 day challenge site, and I used that on bags that were on clearance. I also printed coupons from Halo’s website for 50cents off one can, and I used that on the shredded cans that were on clearance.

#43857 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Thanks for the reply! That is very interesting. One of these days I am going to venture back into that store. I order quite a bit from Petco.com. They just had free shipping with no minimum this weekend, but I forgot to put in my order. ๐Ÿ™ I ended up ordering from Chewy because I needed enough catfood to make their minimum plus they had the brands on sale that I knew they would eat. I can bet the rest of their rotation from pet stores around me. I have a coupon for Pet Supplies Plus for $5 off $20 purchase. I’ll drag my mom with me so I can use her coupon too. lol And I have a birthday coupon to use there also. Happy shopping!!!!

#43861 Report Abuse

Petco finished the reset last week. We actually bought a ton of stuff for us and the rescues we support. I psid 70cents for large cans of NV..wellness etc. Bags of NV, Castor and pollux etc from 4-12 bucks depending on size.

#43864 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

You guys, stop bragging about your great buys, I’m jealous!!! lol Melissa, do you know if this is a regular thing?

#43888 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Looks like I’ll be buying some Authority! Can’t beat 20 cents a pound! Awwwww yeah!

#43890 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Heyyyyyy! The dog foods not $5.99, just the cat food ๐Ÿ™ Oh well, I know people who can use it, and I can donate to the humane society, too.

#44038 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Sorry Akari! I didn’t check the dog food, I was looking at the cat food my bad!

#44039 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

I don’t have a pet supplies plus or a pet supermarket here near me. Just local/regional stores, Petco, and the Petsmart is a little bit of a ride about 30 min away

#44042 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Haha, it’s ok. I was all excited for cheap dog food lol I’ve got a ton of EVO right now, so I have time to deal shop :p

#44710 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Just came back from a mini shopping trip ๐Ÿ™‚ I got 15lbs of Nutro Wholesome Essentials Puppy food, and a 15lb tub of Cats Pride Fresh and Light cat litter for $10.36!

Trip one was Publix for the cat litter.
    On sale for $5.99 (regular price $8.99)
    Manufacturer coupon for $2 off any Fresh and Light litter
    Publix coupon for $2 and Fresh and Light litter (obtained by donating $5 to All Childrends Hospital at check out for the last couple weeks).
    Total after tax and before coupons: $6.41
    Total after coupons: $2.41

(I also bought clearance Airhead Extremes for $0.45 cents a pack…. Lol I love those things!)

Trio two was next door over to Pet Supermarket. Each bag was a separate transaction.
    Nutro Wholesome Essentials Puppy food priced at $12.47 per 5lb bag
    PetSmart coupon for $5 any size Natural or Specialty brand (Nutro being one of these brands)
    Pet Supermarket coupon for $5 off any size bag of Nutro
    Total after tax and coupons (they don’t apply tax until AFTER coupons are used–god that’s awesome!!!!): $2.65 per bag, or $7.95 for all three bags.

For some perspective, a 15lb bag of this food costs $29.97. So that means I saved about 76% on the dog food, and 75% on the cat litter ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m going to pick up two 3.5 lb bags of Pedigree (I know, I know!!) for $0.80 when they go BOGO at Publix tomorrow. Maybe a few more if I have the coupons for it. Gotta check my expiration dates….

#44711 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant
    #44714 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hey Akari-
    Nice job! Let me know how you like the litter. I’m still searching for something good and cheap! I don’t think the Dr. Elseys has very good odor control. Thanks!

#44715 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Thanks!

I’ve used the flushable kind of this brand before, but it was scented and smelled horrible. It was an accident– I meant to get the regular Fresh and Light kind lol I’m currently using the plain ol’ Cats Pride and it’s not bad. It doesn’t have the greatest odor control, but I can’t breath worth a crap anyways, so what’s it to me? LOL Mom complains about cat smell no matter what litter I use, so whatever. If it’s cheap, I’ll buy it :p

#44728 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Nice job couponing!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

#44755 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Thanks! I was looking for my Pedigree coupons, and it turns out I only have one $1 off Publix coupon, and three $0.55 off Publix coupons. And all my $1 off manufacturer coupons, of course. I’ll need to go through the registers and see what I can find at work (I don’t particularly want to pay $3 for four bags Pedigree. It’s not worth that… Lol). The fund raiser is over, so they won’t care lol

#44950 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Ok! Another deal for you guys ๐Ÿ™‚

The other day I bought four 3.5lb bags of Pedigree Puppy and two 14lb bags of Rachael Ray for $32! Thats 42lb of food, which I think is a pretty good deal, considering I didn’t have much in the way of coupons.

Pedigree 3.5lb bags
    BOGO at Publix for $4.49
    4 bags for $8.98 before tax, $9.61 after tax
    4x $1 off mfc any size bag coupons
    3x $1 off any size bag Publix coupons
    1x $0.55 off any size bag Publix coupon (couldn’t find a fourth $1 off Publix coupon)
    Total after tax and coupons for four 3.5lb cans: $2.06. And thats about all its worth… LOL Would have liked to only pay $1.61, but that extra $0.45 won’t kill me lol

RR Nutrish Beef 14lb bag
    On sale for $14.99 (from $16.99)
    Mfc coupon for $2 off any size bag 6lb or larger
    Total after tax and coupon: $14.04. Little more than I’d normally pay for it, but oh well.

RR Just 6 14lb bag
    On sale for $16.49 (from $18.99)
    Mfc coupon, $3 off any size bag 6lb or larger
    Total after tax and coupon: $14.65. Again, more than its worth, but ok.

Then, the reason I was ok with the price of the RR, Target had a $10 off the purchase of $40 or more in pet food, litter or treats, which I applied toward all of this. Just wish there were Publix coupons for the RR… lol Over all, though, not bad! Left me broke, but I like having all that food stashed away. Especially since I take a lot of time off from work during summer. I’m pretty sure my entire family was born during summer….. LOL I also need to buy some more of the Nutro. I need 4 more bags, and I’ll get a free one lol

#45228 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Hey Akari…I noticed that Petsmart now has 6lb bags of Simply Nourish Chicken and Brown Rice dog food on sale for $8.99 and the $5.00 off coupons are still good through the end of the month, making it $3.99 for the 6lb bag which I think is a decent deal.

#45312 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Petco has 20% off your entire purchase through Saturday which is great for coupon stacking

http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_shoppinghome.aspx

#45320 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Hey guys! So I went to Petco this afternoon, and I got the following:

– 4 cans of Halo Spots Stew 5.5oz cat food
    – 1 can Merrick Salmon Pate 5.5oz cat food
    – 1 can Wellness Minced Turkey 5.5oz cat food
    – 1 bag Worlds Best Cat Litter 7lbs (the small one)
    – 1 stuffed talking Chimpanzee toy for the puppy (it screams and I thought it was hysterical)
    – 1 bag Canidae Pure (grain free) Sky duck and sweet potato 4lb (smallest bag)

my out the door total came to $21.59 which I thought was not too shabby at all

#45321 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

So I used lots of coupons….

$2.00 off any Halo purchase (minimum $5.00) mfc coupon
    $3.00 off Worlds Best Cat Litter mfc coupon (from coupons.com)
    $1.00 off any can Wellness mfc coupon
    $4.00 off Canidae any size dog or cat food petco coupon (from their calendar)
    The Canidae dog food was marked down 50% (to $7.49) off because of an expiration date of 7/24

and then the Petco 20% off your entire order coupon.

#45323 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi-
    Thanks for the heads up on the coupons! I used the cat litter one. I’ve been experimenting with different litters hoping to find one that isn’t dusty but still budget friendly. We’ll see how World’s Best works out.

#45328 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I want a screaming chimpanzee!!!!

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 655 total)
  • The topic ‘Coupons!’ is closed to new replies.