🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LuckyLab

Noticed looking at the Fromm Gold lrg breed puppy food that they have cheese as an ingredient. Nod to Wisconsin no doubt but I’ve heard that dogs shouldn’t have cheese. What’s the science or thought on that now? I wouldn’t think Fromm would include it if it was bad for the puppy given their reputation but thought it was worth an ask.

As always,

Thanks!

#102623 Report Abuse
    anonymous

It’s probably a small over-processed amount, more for the flavor than anything else.
    I’m sure that a reputable company like Fromm has a vet nutritionist that they consult with.

I’d give their 1-800 # a call if you are concerned about it. http://frommfamily.com/

Ps: I don’t think cheese is toxic for dogs, but dairy products (in excess) may cause loose stools.

#102637 Report Abuse
    anonymous

You may find this site helpful, a lot of vets participate. http://skeptvet.com/Blog/category/nutrition/

The SkeptVet’s Blog saved me from falling down the homeopathic rabbit hole after I lost a dog to a rare form of cancer a few years ago. Didn’t know what to believe.

Science Based Veterinary Medicine Rocks!

#102652 Report Abuse
    HoundMusic
    Participant

For what it’s worth, I’ve always fed cheese to my dogs. Have one now with SEVERE digestive issues who can hardly tolerate anything, but cheese and hard boiled eggs are the only protein sources that never cause him gastronomic distress. I also used to mix in evaporated milk with baby cereal for my puppies, and frequently give yogurt to my adults. Never had a single issue with dairy and think it would depend more on an intolerance with the individual dog than with any ingredients in the cheese itself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.