šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    carol marlie
    Participant

My dog is a Swiss Mountain Dog (Entlebucher Sennenhund). She has been eating dry Evo Turkey/Chicken Big Bites–she is a gulper. A friend recommended Canidae All Stages. Protein is not as high. I need help. My dog is 5 years and very activie but a big gulper.

#16553 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

What kind of bowl do you put her food in? I would use something very big so you can put some soup cans in there with her kibble so she has to work around them like a bin of some sort. You can find bins/food prep-ware at restaurant supply stores or Sams Club maybe Costco. Also Merrick Grain Free, Pinnacle Peak Performance and Orijen are pretty high in protein.

#17694 Report Abuse
    foodle

I want to change from Evo. I bought a bag of dog food for my poodle after new bags had come in and she had loose stool for over two weeks before I realized the food was the problem She had been eating it for 7 years and it produced a small firm stool which was the only one I tried which did so. Now I need to find a new food which will give this stool. Every other dog food I tried when I first got her gave the loose stool several times a week. I think I can never trust Evo again. Any suggestions?

#17695 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Do you remember what other foods you tried? Does your dog have any other health problems? My first thought would be that whatever food you decide to try, get a good probiotic and digestive enzyme to give her as you change foods and for a couple weeks after. Often this alone is enough to straighten out dogs that were thought to have a sensitive stomach. Also adding a spoonful of canned pure pumpkin to each meal helps to cut down on loose stool problems.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.