🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Laura H
    Participant

Hi! I have a 5 year old cockapoo who came to us at about 8 months. He was gifted to an elderly couple, the wife is a nurse and no one knew the husband was beginning to exhibit dementia. She took her usual holiday and discovered her husband didn’t remember getting the dog. So while she was at work, he was freaked out by the strange dog and was throwing things, screaming, and using his cane to keep the puppy away. She immediately looked into a new home and voila, new dog. He didn’t even have a name and had severe anxiety, understandably I think. He belongs to my sister, I have a 13 year old shih tzu who was also a rescue, and we got him comfortable and to a much better place with his anxiety. We were quarantined last month and now he panics the moment she leaves the room. Mine went to the groomer today and I spent the whole 45 minutes his mommy was gone with a trembling Pippin in my lap, he wouldn’t stop crying and actually sounded like he was in pain. He calmed enough to sit and let me pet him, but he never stopped crying for mommy the whole time. CBD treats have helped my older dog with her joint pain and I’ve heard it helps anxiety. Has anyone used CBD/hemp for anxiety? Tips or brand suggestions?

#157328 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Yes I use the Vitalitae Calm biscuits, (Australia)
    I give 1/2 a Vitaitae biscuit around 11am & CBD Oil 3 drops some nights for my boy lower back pain, also adding Hemp seeds to diet is really good as well, but you still need to have a very strict routine, dogs love routine they feel safe as they know what’s going to happen next…no new things to bring on anxieties also work out what brings on dog triggers…
    Here’s the Calming treats ingredients, read the ingredients to get an idea what ingredients are needed to reduce stress, anxieties, joint pain etc….
    Hemp Seed Oil, Hemp Seed Protein, Ginger, Chamomile, Flaxseed Meal, calcium Carbonate, Vitamins & Minerals (incl. Vitamin B Complex), L-Tryptophan

Ask vet about “Cartrophen Vet Injections” for arthritis pain, Cartrophen Vet finds the dogs pain, it’s all natural so no side affects, the injection is given under the dogs thick skin back of dogs neck area. First Patch had 4 weekly injections for 1 month that lasted 1 yr, now Patch is having monthly Cartrophen Vet Injections now its Winter…Pain can also cause dog to shake, stress, be uncomfortable.

What is Cartrophen Vet?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.