šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I need to order some canned food from cheweys. This is my concern, I live in the south where the heat index has been between 105 and 110. Will the food be safe in shipped in this hot weather? If not I might have to go to petco and get by until cooler weather.

#44988 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

It should be fine as long as the seal on the cans isn’t broken and you don’t see any bulging. Petco is having the food shipped in from a warehouse as well. I live in the far North East, and I had this concern over the winter as I accidentally left a can in the car overnight and the temperatures went below 0 degrees F so I looked into it because I was afraid after bringing it back into ambient room temperature it might be bad once thawed but everything I found said it is ok.

#44992 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Where I am, it gets very hot also and this winter was nearly -30Ā°F. The temperature never concerned me as much as getting dented and blown out cans that were poorly packed.

I haven’t ordered canned food in a year. I prefer to buy it locally now.

#45008 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

I only very recently started buying canned food online, because I was worried about getting damaged merchandise, but all of the local stores have started to really raise prices so high that I can get a very substantial discount purchasing online and I am on a pretty tight budget and I use a lot of canned cat food so it was worth it to try. So far I have ordered 4 months worth, so 4 orders, 1 from Pet360, and 3 from Chewy and I have been really very pleasantly surprised. Now I did get one case of Wellness canned cat food (the big cans) that had 3 cans that were severely dented, so I contacted Chewy and they sent me a new case for free (all of the cans were 100% perfect in the replacement case) right away, so it arrived 2 days later, and they didnt ask me to send anything back or go through any of that hassle. They just suggested that I consider donating any of the “salvageable” or bonus cans to a shelter. It worked out being like 9 free 12.5oz cans of which I put 6 in my donation box (just being honest), but I do buy a lot to donate, I currently have about 75 cans of various sizes to bring in as well as about 30lbs of dry food. So the long and short is that I have been pleasantly surprised so far.

#45083 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

I buy most of my canned foods locally, but I have ordered from Chewy.com and all was fine. I order sometimes online because I can’t get all the different flavors and brands I want to try locally. I’ve had no problems here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.