Bixbi Rawbble Freeze dried?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Bixbi Rawbble Freeze dried?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Patricia A
    Participant

I’m still hanging in there trying to find a freeze dried topper my picky eater likes and my 8 year old Chihuahua that tends towards easy weight gain. Anyone have good things to say about Bixbi Freeze dried? It rates as average Fat low carbs vs Stella’s and Primal with above average fat as a whole for all recipes. I just recently saw this in the Pet Supply store I go to.

#115256 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Patrica,

*Canidae has new formula’s “Canidae Pure Petite” Small Breed freeze dried raw coated.
    https://www.canidae.com/dog-food/products just scroll down a little look to your right & click on page 4 & all the Pure Petite formula’s will come up.
    * Ziwi Peak Air Dried Raw
    https://www.ziwipets.com/

When dog foods were tested for toxins & contaminates these brands & formula’s below got 5 stars…..
    * “Buckley Liberty” Grain Free Freeze Dried – the Beef, Lamb & Chicken formula’s
    * “Canisource Grand CRU” ALS dehydrated raw – the Turkey, Pork & Lamb & Reat Meat Formula’s
    * “Natures Variety” Instant Raw Market Meals Blend & Chicken Recipes with Sweet Potatoes, Peas & Blueberries
    * “The Honest Kitchen” Grain Free Proper Toppers Chicken Recipe

#115269 Report Abuse
    Patricia A
    Participant

Thank you Susan for that info. Funny but when I read advisors analysis for Primal Freeze Dried he wrote Not suitable for all dogs because of the protein to fat ratio. But now I just went under his feeding type for adult dogs and the analysis was LOWER average fat for the sardine/turkey and rabbit freeze dried recipes. Vensison was average fat. Stella’s freeze dried were ALL ABOVE average fat . Still don’t know if the fat puts weight on dogs cause they are all low carbs. IN any case I’m staying away from the Stella’s and will be looking into what you suggested.

#119286 Report Abuse
    Lee R

I feed my four year old mini schnauzer Rawbble (all three products – beef, chicken, salmon and chicken). He is a finicky eater, often declining home made foods like hamburger (lean), chicken and fish.

He almost NEVER turns away from Rawbble. The ingredients are excellent and I serve it to him in a bowl mixed with water (after about six minutes). He also likes it as a treat in its native freeze dried form.

I highly recommend this product but find that it’s hard to locate a reliable distributor. I have been ordering it lately directly from Bixbi (I pay extra for two day delivery because I am in NY and they are in Colorado). I can’t seem to find a retailer in my area that carries it.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Lee R.
    #119296 Report Abuse
    Patricia A
    Participant

Thank you Lee. Also from NY here. I have the opposite problem with my picky one who ONLY wants to eat kibble topped with home made food such as boiled chicken, salmon, steak etc which I don’t always have available. On days when she only gets the kibble topped with freeze dried she holds out eating so I feed her later. She realizes she better start eating because kitchen is closing for the day.lol And it’s NOT the taste of the food because I’ve been through so many different canned foods and all the different proteins of the stellas and Primal that I could open up my own Pet Supply store. Even tried human grade Stella chewys new stews which again she turned her nose up too.
    I actually bought Rawabble Beef thinking it might be better for my eight year old Chihuahua who loves all food but is a little chubby. It was right next to the Primal and Stellas.But then took it back same day because didn’t read enough people on this board feeding it and thought I better stick to a the Primal and Stella’s until I get more feedback that it’s a good quality freeze dried.
    Running out of the Primal turkey/Sardine so will pick up a bag of the Rawablle beef which shows AVERAGE fat. I could never feed the beef with either Primal or Stella’s because of the high fat with that recipe. Maybe my picky one will even love the beef .Thank’s again for your feedback on this food.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Patricia A.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.