šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    zchar14
    Participant

Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some advice on what would be a good food to give my older dog. She is a mixed breed, 13 years old…almost 14 years old. She doesn’t have any real health issues except that she does seem to not want to chew the harder dry dog foods as much. She can switch foods pretty easily and I don’t mind if a food is not all organic, grain-free or all natural…I’m just looking for something that would still fall into the “dry” dog food category but would be easier for her to chew? Any ideas?

#25872 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Earthborn Holistic. I just finished a bag of Great Plains Feast a couple weeks ago and the pieces are about dime size, which sounds huge(and I was surprised), but they are thin like a dime too, and my small dog didn’t have any problem eating them. And if you add a little water, it softens up quickly.

#25876 Report Abuse

My old timer eat the same as my young ones-including the one with NO TEETH. I feed a variety, and if your dog is not wanting to chew, just add warm water. My guy with no teeth will chomp up dry better than some of the older ones with teeth, lol.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.