šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Melinda L

I need help in finding a lower price dog food. I have 5 dogs “ALL RESCUES” 1 has severe chicken allergies. Right now I am feeding all of them, Blue Buffalo Turkey and potato grain free limited ingredients. My allergy dog is doing great on this but it is breaking the bank.

#88086 Report Abuse
    Danielle R

I LOVE Kirkland’s dog foods, just thinking my Boxer poops so much (not diarrhea) so am currently trying NutriSource, a little more expensive but not bad… I think they (Kirklands) have a lamb and rice variety, but not sure. You get this at Costco. A 30 pound bag is like $13! It gets high ratings on this site too! I had switched to Kirklands Maintenance for my 11 year old cat too who was in bad health for a year for some reason (on Iams), and he’s fully recovered, no more steroids etc. for throwing up and diarrhea! So I trust this brand!

#88090 Report Abuse
    Melinda L

Thank you. Will look into it.

#88134 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi, I feed “Taste Of The Wild” Sierra Mountain Roasted Lamb & the Pacific Stream Smoked Salmon both kibbles are chicken free & Grain Free, Costco’s Kirklands Grain Free is made by Taste Of The Wild as well & similar ingredients & probably cheaper then the Taste Of The Wild..

#88135 Report Abuse
    Melinda L

Thank you Susan!

#88159 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Costco has two varieties of Kirkland dry food, one with grain and one without. The line without grain is called Nature’s Domain and it runs about $35 for 35 pounds. The Kirkland with grain is around $30 for 40 pounds. Both types are made by Diamond. They also carry a Nature’s Domain Turkey Stew canned food which is usually about $20 for 24 cans manufactured by Performance Pets.

I regularly feed my dogs the canned food. It is a GREAT deal!!! I’ve been hearing that jet.com is selling some of the Kirkland pet products on their site now as well if you do not have a Costco nearby or a membership.

Here is a link: http://www.kirklandsignaturepetsupplies.com/

Taste of the Wild is also manufactured by Diamond and can be found at several feed stores and smaller boutique type pet supply stores.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Another option is Tractor Supply Store sells 4Health. They have a budget friendly turkey and potato recipe that may work for you.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by crazy4cats.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.