šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Linda A

Hi everyone,

We have three dogs and I would love to feed them all the same food, but only if it is truly appropriate.
    We have a 5 month old Golden puppy
    A 2 1/2 year old Saint Bernard
    And a 8 year old Beagle/Shepard mix (35lbs)

I will continue with separate foods if it’s better, but for convince it would be great to be on just one.

Suggestion? Thank you in advance.
    Linda

#86513 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I suggest you read the stickie, located on top in yellow, on the Diet & Health issues forum, about how to feed a large breed puppy. Your golden has special requirements. Once you decide on a food for him, we can help you decide whether that food is appropriate for the other two.

The other two: how is their health? Coat? How is their weight?

#86514 Report Abuse
    Linda A

We have in the past with our large and giant breed puppies switched them to adult food at 6 months to slow their growth to prevent hip issues. I can’t remember if we did it back 15 years ago for our first saint or not but she never had a hip issue, and lived to 12 on cheap store bought food.

Currently the GR is on Pro Pack Ultimate Puppy and the other two are on crappy Purina adult food.

The puppy is on the low end of weight from being what we believe to be the runt. The Saint is a great weight of 118lb and the beagle is a perfect 35lbs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.