šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tom F

Hi – First time on the Forum, my name is Tom, and I’m in South Florida.

I wonder if anyone has more information on BJ’s Berkley and Jensen Grain Free Duck and Vegetable dry food. I see that it’s lumped in with BJ’s other foods on the ratings pages, but there is a note that this particular variety is a 5 star food, while the chicken and rice that was tested came in at 4 stars. I can’t seem to find out how or why the duck and vegetable formula got 5 stars. As a grain-free product, this food seems like a great value, and I would consider buying it if i could get some more details.

sorry if this has been asked before, but I don’t see a search option on this forum…

Any ideas or info?

Thanks, Tom

#75972 Report Abuse
    Nickie C

I’m also interested in any information as we have been feeding the same based on the nutritional content and our dogs seem to be doing well on this food.

#75974 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Hi Tom and Nickie- This is only a guess based on what I know about how Dr. Mike and all the editors rate dog food, but I’m going to say it’s because the grain-free Duck has a high content of meat based protein. The first 3 main ingredients when I looked at the BJ’s website were: Deboned Duck, Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal. The first 2 ingredients in the Chicken and Rice were whole meats or meat meals followed by a grain (Rice). Dr. Mike states in the reviews that because of a canines carnivorus bias they favor foods with a higher meat content. I would 100% agree with that. Judging by the look of the ingredients by themselves I would have to choose the GF Duck over the Chicken, also because my boy has messy poo’s with grain inclusive foods.

Hope this helped some!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.