🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dendad
    Participant

One of my Chihuahuas has developed some sort of anxiety or nervousness every morning at the same time. It lasts for about an hour or so. She eats breakfast at 5:00 a.m. and the attacks start at about 9:00 or 10:00 a.m. There no consoling her. She shakes and can’t seem to get comfortable. She walks around and around acting like something is scaring her.

She eats Freshpet Vital, chicken recipe for breakfast and again for dinner. She doesn’t have this problem in the evening, so I’m thinking it’s not the Freshpet. The Freshpet ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Liver, Chicken Broth, Peas, Carrots, Eggs, Brown Rice, Rice Bran, Carrageenan, Natural Flavors, Potassium Chloride, Fish Oil, Inulin, Celery Powder, Salt, Spinach.

The only other thing she eats is a half chew of Glandex for her anal glands. It’s ingredients are pumpkin seed powder, granulated pumpkin seed, apple pectin cellulose powder, Quercetin Dihydrate, L. acidophilus, D-Alpha Tocopherol, Bromelain, Ascorbic Acid, canola oil, desiccated pork liver powder, flaxseed oil, glycerin, potato starch, rice bran, sorbic acid, sucrose, sunflower lecithin and water. I give this to her and her sister (another Chihuahua) with their breakfast. The other Chihuahua has no anxiety issues at all.

I have given her a Hemp calming treat, but it doesn’t help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.