🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rani I

Hello all, I have a 72-pound hound mix; Titus has been on Rachel Ray Grain Free for about 2 years and I would like to switch him to something comparable but cheaper (I’m about to switch two seniors to mobility diets).

4Health is less expensive and overall looks like a good brand (very similar to Rachel Ray) and comes in a 30lb bag versus 28lb. Has anyone had any poor experiences with it? My concern is that Diamond manufactures the Grain Free series and is known for having recalls.

Secondly, I’m trying to determine which bag will last me longer. I’ve tried to read other forums and could not find the answer that suits my specific situation.

How long does a 30lb bag of 4Health Grain Free or any 30lb bag with the values; 3,450 kcal/kg (323 kcal/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy last you based on the number of cups you feed?

Based on the values and my dogs normal intake I will be feeding aprox. 3 cups a day.

Thirdly, I appreciate any input on a quality mobility food for Seniors.
    What brand do you use?
    Do you offer vitamins or pain medication, in addition?
    If so, what kind? Regularly or as needed?
    Did you see a drastic change or is it keeping them comfortable?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

#82786 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Hi Rani,
    I have not fed any senior type of food for my senior dogs. I do feed grainfree (grains can be inflammatory & I also don’t believe dogs need grains) with highr protein and supplement for joint and any other issues. I currently use green lipped mussel but in the past have had good results with Dog Gone Pain, In Clover Connectin and Glycoflex.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.