đŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

#173013 Report Abuse
Patricia J
Participant

Hi Aimee,

Thanks for chiming in:) First off, rather than just listening to dog food marketing, I come here, to the Dog Food Advisor site for less- or un-biased info. To quote him directly on the subject of corn in dog food: “Corn is an inexpensive and controversial cereal grain. And aside from its energy content, this grain is of only marginal nutritional value for dogs.” Now, gauging from what you said above, I will guess that you will say that the large corn quantity in our food is chosen to work with the other ingredients to help with Sammy’s createnin problem? If so, I guess what that amounts to for the non-nutritionists among us (me) is we should just trust the company (in this case Purina, for whom I have no great amount of respect) to mix the ingredients correctly to help keep our dogs alive!
I’m sorry if I’m sounding snarky, and I’m really not trying to be antagonistic towards you personally, but I really don’t care for explanations that boil down to it’s complicated; trust us. I don’t trust big companies to do what’s best rather than what’s most profitable, so I want to understand why an “inexpensive, marginally nutritionally valuable” food ingredient is really the best for my dog, even in her specific circumstance.