đŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

#159653 Report Abuse
Patricia A
Participant

Sienna it sounds like you’re doing everything you can. I feel so sorry for you and your pup going through all this. So frustrating when you’re trying so hard and can’t find a solution . All those antibiotics will definitely cause upset stomach and loose stool. I read this and maybe it will help a little with avoiding the UTI’s’ (Routine grooming, especially around the urinary opening, and regular bathing can help prevent bacteria from entering the urinary system. …)
I imagine the vet checked all blood work values such as liver and found them to be normal. Is she losing weight at all? I know my two dogs are ALWAYS hungary and following into kitchen even just after eating for any crumbs that may drop.
Keeping my fingers crossed for her that low fat food works for her . She’s probably so hungry all the time because the food is going right through her. I think she’s going to be more hungry with the low fat but hopefully it will stay in her stomach and won’t cause the loose stools and then you can just feed more.
My dogs will always get the diarrhea if I feed a protein high in fat. I feed freeze dried and ONLY feed the 5* flavors/proteins because the higher rating I am told means less fat. So I SLOWLY got them used to a few different brands and flavors. But if I give them a little chop meat that’s not 90% fat free they’ll get the soft stool.
Please keep updating. I hope, hope, hope the new food and enzyme does the trick.