đŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

#152417 Report Abuse
Patricia A
Participant

Muttjunky is it a possibility that it’s an odor in your home that is causing this? I wore perfume in my teens and one day many, many years ago awoke with hives on neck and swollen, closed shut eye. Night before I had musk oil on. Next was the shampoo with a strong scent caused the same reaction. To this day I cannot be around strong perfume odors. Women I worked with at that time had same reaction after using the SAME hair dye for years. So a sensitivity can emerge from really anything that never caused a problem before.
So maybe eliminate any scented products such as what you bath him in. Or even another ingredient in what you use to bath Also those scented plug in?. Possibly even cleaner on your rugs? Scented laundry detergent used to clean his bedding? It’s a long shot but I know scents can cause a lot of of problems for us humans also being respiratory or migraines.
Really hope he feels better. A Dachshund was our very first dog my kids had growing up. Pookie is still a legend around here.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Patricia A.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Patricia A.