šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 1,192 total)
  • Author
    Teri N

Do you have anything on Flint River Ranch? http://www.frrco.com/ – thanks!

#101495 Report Abuse
    Mark2521

I’d like to nominate pawTree brand foods.

#101694 Report Abuse
    Robert B

I noticed everything by Wysong was 5 stars. Any reason there not on the list?

#101830 Report Abuse
    Jere D

Evermore Pet Food

#102283 Report Abuse
    Michael T. K

VICTOR DRY FOR DOGS AND PUPPIES

#102373 Report Abuse
    Valerie A

Nulo

#102417 Report Abuse
    Eileen G

What happened Darwin’s as an Editor’s Choice?
    Thanks,
    Eileengee

#102656 Report Abuse
    Robert M

Nature’s Logic

#102673 Report Abuse
    Gail R

I’d like to nominate Wellness Core RawRev, a new food product line from Wellness that may compete with Stella and Chewy’s Raw Coated Baked Kibble and Raw Blend Kibble. Is much more affordable than Stella and Chewy’s.

#103120 Report Abuse
    Cheryl E

Nature’s Logic.

#103196 Report Abuse
    Jocelyn L

Nort Paws
    North PawTM Adult is designed to be delicious and easily digestible, which makes mealtime a happy time for your companion. This nutrient-dense formula means your dog gets great nutrition from smaller portions. A very high ratio of quality protein, along with fibre, pre-biotics, omega 3s and anti-oxidants help promote a healthy, active life for your dog. Grain-free and full of goodness, for all the love they have to give.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:

Crude Protein (min.) 38.00%
    Crude Fat (min.) 21.00%
    Crude Fibre (max.) 4.50%
    Moisture (max.) 10.00%

CALORIE CONTENT:

Metabolizable Energy (ME*)
    = 3805kcal/kg
    = 476kcal/cup

INGREDIENTS: Chicken Meal, Fishmeal (Herring), Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Form of Vitamin E), Green Peas, Chickpeas, Sweet Potato, Egg Powder, Apples, Fishoil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Form of Vitamin E), Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, Limestone, Chicken Liver, Kelp Meal, DL-Methionine, Kale, Chicory Root, Calcium Propionate, Flaxseed, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Choline Chloride, l-Lysine Hydrochloride, Inactivated Yeast, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, l-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Taurine, Vitamin E Supplements, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, Zinc Methionine, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Selenium Selenite, Manganese Methionine, Copper Lysine, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Chondroitin Sulfate, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Sulfate, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Blueberries, Cranberries, Pumpkin, Spinach, Ginger, Peppermint, Chamomile, Turmeric, Celery Seed, Dried Rosemary.

#103197 Report Abuse
    jay g

What about Bumble Bee tuna as a wet dog food a couple of times a week.
    High in protein and cost about a $1 a can.

#103214 Report Abuse
    Paul S

I nominate Solid Gold. My two small dogs love it!

#103328 Report Abuse
    Maureen A M
    Participant

July 29, 2017

Tylee’s Human-Grade Dog Food. I buy it from the manufacturer (Chewy. com) and it comes smothered in dry ice and all the squares of styrofoam (line feral cat houses with this stuff. I actually tasted a piece of mango in the food, it is fresh. Will be interested in what the Editor has to say about this.

#103496 Report Abuse
    elaine c

Hi Bunker I am with you Answers Pet food is the best period.
    It is real food.

#103642 Report Abuse
    MK S
    Participant

Please evaluate Fedwell (fedwell.com)

#103737 Report Abuse
    Katherine N

Millie’s Wolfheart USA. My Cane Corso has been on this brand since 8 weeks old. She is fit and meets all her needs.

#103851 Report Abuse
    Dianne P

I would like to Nominate Darwin’s Natural selections raw

#104012 Report Abuse
    Janice H

I would like to nominate Darwin’s Natural Pet Products, particularly their Natural Selections line, which has 5 stars on your website.

Thanks.

#104046 Report Abuse
    Christine H

I would like you to consider a brand sold at Tractor supply. The name of the product is 4 health puppy, with grain. We breed Standard Poodles. We use the 4 Health for puppies, as well as 4 Health adults for our big dogs. We are not a “puppy mill”, our dogs live in our home and in our beds! My partner and I did a lot of research through the years. We have changed food several times until we found one that has the protein to fat and grain ratio. We have large, healthy and beautiful pups, and I have to believe that the food we feed them has a lot to do with that. Thank you for your consideration. Christine Henderson EMERALD COAST BREEDERS.

#104062 Report Abuse
    Jason K

I have recently discovered American Journey brand. It seems like very good quality food as a more reasonable price than other high quality foods. I tried the limited ingredient foods as I am trying an elimination diet to try to figure out what my dog is allergic too. I do not see any reviews on here for the limited ingredient foods as they are fairly new. I suspect that is as good or better than their other grain free foods which you have given 5 stars. It would be greatly appreciated if you could review the limited ingredient grain free foods made by American Journey. Also I would like to nominate American Journey to at least make the budget friendly list as it is more affordable than most of the other 5 star foods.

#104093 Report Abuse
    Dana F

Holistic Blend Grain-Free Marine 5 Fish All Life Stages Dry Dog Food. This is an excellent dry dog food made in Canada. My Collie, like so many other dogs, did not do well on the U.S. version of Origen after having been on the Canadian version.
    I tried many brands of kibble before coming across Holistic Blend and found that my dog preferred the 5 Fish version. He is thriving on it. His coat is soft and is coming in thick once again. His allergies are improving, his weight is steady, his stools are compact and consistent and best of all, he loves this kibble.
    I am more than pleased with Holistic Blend so far which is why I am recommending this food as a brand for Editor’s Choice!

#104096 Report Abuse
    Kathryn W

The Honest Kitchen!

#104581 Report Abuse
    LuAnn T

I nominate Northwest Naturals frozen raw complete diet 5 lb roll dog food in chicken and turkey varieties. You have a review of this dog food on your site with a 5 star enthusiastically recommended note. I have fed it for over a year and my dogs are much improved in health and agility because of the change. Even their teeth don’t have the plaque build up. My Aussie is 13 and had bad hips but now runs like a 2 year old, and a German Shepherd which is a breed with hip concerns and she is active at 8 years of age and excellent health.

Thanks for the reviews!
    LuAnn T

#104619 Report Abuse
    William L

I would like to nominate : Nutro WHOLSOME ESSENTIALS, (Farm-Raised Chicken, Brown Rice & sweet potato recipe) manufactured by Mars Pet care, Franklin, Tn.

2 Cocker Spaniels thrive on it. A new product but never had a problem with a Nutro product. Not so with Acana, Blue Buffalo, Orijen and From. Acana and Orijen, Changed their formula when they relocated to the US. but did not notify customers (diarrhea), Blue Buffalo when the Life source Bits separated and ended up as concentrated in top of bag during shipping (diarrhea again), From have tried Beef/Salmon/and chicken. Dogs quit eating them after 2-3 bags. So far no problems with NUTRO. Have never had digestion problem with a Nutro product through the life span of 2 Black Labs, and a Golden Retriever. Would guess u would rate it as a 3.5-4.0.

#105276 Report Abuse
    Garrett C

Victor ultra pro for editors choice, made in house and is the only food my sib can stomach without any issues. Please consider this brand as a editors choice no recalls as well.

#105319 Report Abuse
    RAFFAELLO

Dear Mike,
    I got a beautiful Samoyed from the best breeder in Russia, and the breeder recommended to feed him with an excellent recipe of homemade cook foods, as he doesn’t eat anything raw or even rare.
    She also recommended BELCANDO lamb and rice for puppies and to never use any preparations containing chicken.
    BELCANDO is manufactured in Germany, and the breeder told me she had much better results with it than with ORIJEN.
    At this moment I am feeding him with ORIJEN for adults because ORIJEN large puppies contains chicken and gives him horrible diarrhea.
    I am very interested to know more about BELCANDO because it’s cheaper than Champion Foods as it’s manufactured in Germany meaning there are no import duties. On the contrary, ORIJEN comes from Canada that is not part of the European Union.
    I live in Barcelona, Spain.
    Here, I cannot get most of your 5 stars recommendations.
    Could you rate BELCANDO?

#105372 Report Abuse
    Sharyl M

I would be interested in a review of Nutrisource Large Breed Puppy Food, especially with regard to your article on Calcium intake for large breeds and danger of hip dysplasia in later life.

#105386 Report Abuse
    Hugh J
    Participant

Victor Hi-Pro Plus. I am working with a Labrador Retriever breeder who swears by this food and has used it exclusively for both new pups and adults for many years. This is a quality breeder who regularly produces champion-level dogs. Your site shows a five star rating for this particular Victor recipe, yet I cannot find any analysis or review to substantiate the claim. Can you please follow through with a full review of this tremendous dog food and if warranted at the end, as it seems it might very well be, add it to your Editor’s Choice list?

Many thanks.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Hugh J.
    #105392 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Hugh,
    Dr. Mike canā€™t review every single formula so one is chosen fo the review. It got five stars so you know it ā€œpassed musterā€, so to speak.

#105495 Report Abuse
    WILLIAM V

My vet recommended Petcurean which appears to be quite expensive. Any chance of a review since I can’t seem to find one. Thanks

#105497 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

William,
    Not sure why you canā€™t find the review….up above in the red line, click ā€œreviewsā€. Scroll down to ā€œPā€ and look for Petcurean.
    Marie

#105500 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

William V,

The various links to Petcurean’s product lines are here:

/dog-food-reviews/petcurean-dog-food/

#105985 Report Abuse
    STUART W

At the recommendation of our dog’s breeder we feed our labradoodle puppy Life’s Abundance, and hope you will evaluate this pet food.

#105986 Report Abuse
    STUART W

I nominate Life’s Abundance. It is recommended by our dog’s breeder.

#105990 Report Abuse
    Blkdoodle

I had been looking for a dog food that did not have the products my Goldendoodle was allergic to. She’s borderline on many things and positive on a few, those being potato, chicken, peas, green beans, beef, etc.. I had her on lamb but found Venison which she is not allergic. Sport Dog Food, Elite Series, Venison & Sweet potato. She loves it. After the transitioning to this food I am looking forward to her not continually scratching.
    PLEASE check out this dog food. Thank you

#106206 Report Abuse
    Linda V

Evo?

#106207 Report Abuse
    STUART W

Life’s Abundance

#108743 Report Abuse
    richard c

how about EVO HAVE BEEN FEEDING FOR A SHORT TIME WITH GOOD RESULTS DICK richard.clapsaddle@yahoo.com

#108744 Report Abuse
    Pam T

What about Victor?

#109312 Report Abuse
    Mark G

Anyone know why Victor Grain Free Active Dog And Puppy is not on the Editor’s choice list for dry puppy food?

#109429 Report Abuse
    Scott P

Hi was just wondering about Earthborne Holistics I started feeding it because it had five stars on your site. My two Cane Corsos love it we feed Earthborne Holistics Grain free Great Plains Feast. Is there a reason it’s not on your choice list should I maybe look for another brand food?

#109466 Report Abuse
    JOHN R

Have you considered Nature’s Select Super Premium for this list. They use US ingredients, high-quality supplements and whole grains processed at the manufacturing site. They have never had a recall

#109514 Report Abuse
    Jim W

Carni4. For those of you familiar with Dr. Karen Becker, this is the only dry food I have ever seen her endorse as she is a militant anti kibble vet. It is VERY pricey however.

#109518 Report Abuse
    Donna B

Dear Jim, I just ordered Carni4 & should get it today. I used A 6lb bag before{because of the price}& mixed it w/ACANA duck & pear SINGLES DRY. D akota did very well on the mix. This time I bit the bullet & ordered a 25# bag to mix.However I do know Dr. Becker & have used a couple of her products in the past, this food I found & decided to purchase at White Dog Bone Co as part of my auto ship. Dakota IS NOT a picky eater but suffers from a very sensitive stomach & digestive problems. Between Acana & Carni4, its the best mix I’ve found for his digestive health. He’s 13.

#109579 Report Abuse
    Blkdoodle

Is there a reason SPORT ELITE is not on the EC? Their Venison without potato, peas, chicken, etc. was an answer to my baby’s allergy problems. She loves it.

#109580 Report Abuse
    Karen K

How about Zignature? You rate them very highly but not on the EditorĀ”s Choice list?

#109613 Report Abuse
    Jennifer

I would love to see a review on the new fresh dog foods – My Ollie and Pet Plate. Iā€™ve tried both and am currently feeding My Ollie to my three Danes for dinner meals.

#109644 Report Abuse
    Joy V

I nominate Wet-Noses, Inc. (www.wet-noses.com). Treats and dehydrated foods.
    Organic, SOURCED in the U.S.A. only, 100% human grade ingredients, wheat free, corn free, soy free, non-GMO, no fillers. Certified by the Washington State Dept. of Agriculture.
    Thank you!

#109669 Report Abuse
    Thomas M

Hi Mike; I am new to the site. I just bought a 10 week old Chesapeake Bay Retriever from an AKC accredited breeder. Looking at all these puppy food choices, and the absence of many big names, I am trying to come up with a reasonably priced quality dry food. The breeder owner is a nurse and former veterinary tech, she told me that she uses Costco’s Kirkland dry dog food. Now, she has two large adult females and they probably have healthy appetites, so I can understand there is a cost factor, but she has had Chesapeakes for over ten years and they have had no hip dysplasia or other problems.

So I am not nominating the Kirkland Dry, but wonder what you think. You did give a good rating to the Kirkland wet. Any thoughts? I looked at the Orijen, but on Amazon it is over $90 for a 25 pound supply of their puppy brand, that is just way out of my budget range?

Thanks for this website, I am learning a lot, but also surprised to see so many well known brands not on the site, even the high end brands.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 1,192 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.