Supplement: Nutra Thrive

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum Supplement: Nutra Thrive

Viewing 40 posts - 51 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

@ Gregory B
    https://ultimatepetnutrition.com/product/nutra-thrive-dog/
    (excerpt below)

Scroll down and click on: “What is the complete ingredient list”?

“Nutra Thrive contains only naturally-derived ingredients — and each one is hand-selected for maximum quality and purity”.

“However, we always recommend consulting with your veterinarian before beginning any new supplement”.

#146540 Report Abuse

Hi Gregory, I’m really sorry to hear that you are not seeing the improvement you expected to see in your pup. It is industry standard to request that our customers consult their pet’s veterinarian before starting any new supplement due to the fact that Ultimate Pet Nutrition’s Customer Service Team is not aware of pre-existing conditions, allergies, or other medications your pup may be taking. We do ask this as a precaution to ensure that Nutra Thrive does not interact with anything I mentioned above. I hope this clears up any confusion. I’d like to issue you a full refund… Just e-mail me at [email protected] and I’ll begin the refund process right away.

#146844 Report Abuse
    Erin C

I also purchased this product for my 8 year old golden retriever. He has severe arthritis and I noticed that he’s been eating grass lately which typically indicates some sort of imbalance in his system. I came across nutra thrive and naturally would do anything to make my dog feel better. He’s been on the supplement for a little over a month and for the most part I didn’t notice any changes at all until recently he’s been itching a lot more, a bit lethargic and yesterday just experienced a seizure. He’s never had a seizure in his entire life. I didn’t change anything else in his diet or routine except for adding this supplement. I contacted customer service about these side affects and asked if they had ever heard about other similar reactions from customers and they told me they have yet to hear and negative side affects of this supplement. Well after reading all of your posts I have a hard time believing they’ve only received positive feedback for this supplement. When I inquired about the 90 day money back guarantee they said I needed each empty container in order to get my money back. I went back to look at my purchase agreement and the money back guarantee didn’t say anything about saving used containers in order to get that refund. My advice, don’t use this product and contact your vet beforehand. If you decide to purchase call customer service before purchasing so they can tell you what they don’t even put in the fine print.

#147017 Report Abuse

Hi Erin, Shayne here from Ultimate Pet Nutrition. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I’m really sorry to hear that your Golden Retriever started experiencing these symptoms a month in to taking Nutra Thrive. As with all products, we do understand that they may work well for some and not for others. I’d like to personally submit an Adverse Reactions Form for your dog’s experience so we can look into this right away. Please e-mail me at [email protected] with a few details and I can fill out that form. In addition, our 90-Day Money Back Guarantee is detailed in our Terms & Conditions on our website. It is typically industry standard to ask that our customers return the product that they would like refunded. I’m very sorry for the confusion and miscommunication. To resolve the issue, I’d like to issue you a full refund, without having to send anything back. Please e-mail me at the e-mail address listed above ([email protected]) and I’ll begin the refund process right away. On behalf of everyone at Ultimate Pet Nutrition, I look forwarding to resolving this right away. I look forward to hearing from you.

#147493 Report Abuse
    Landon H

Tried this for the first time with my pup. Seems like it works for my dad’s dog but not mine. My little dachshund is 6 months and I want the best for him. He was perfectly fine and active, pooped and peed normal in the morning. I followed the directions and gave this with his food after. He threw up 3 times couple hours later. So I’m guessing either this is not good for puppies or it’s not for all dogs. This is my input. Will I give this to my dog again, nope. Would I recommend this to others, use at your own risk. I think he is ok, he ate some food and drank a lot of water . I am taking him to the Vet tomorrow just in case.

#147531 Report Abuse

Hi Landon, I’m Shayne from Ultimate Pet Nutrition. I’mr really sorry to hear that your pup had this reaction to Nutra Thrive. Nutra Thrive is designed for adult dogs but we do have customers who give very small amounts to their puppies at their discretion. So this could be the reason as to why your puppy was not reacting well to it. I would recommend cease giving it to your dachshund until he is an adult, or give it to him at very small amounts with your vet’s recommendation. Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you have any other questions or issues at all. I can also issue you a full refund, as well. Just e-mail me at the address above and I can begin the refund process right away.

#147656 Report Abuse
    Pat M

I received Nutra Thrive in August . Believing the hype that it would enhance my dogs health. He’s only 5 years old a Jack Russel mix happy and energetic. He was on this product for a month within a couple weeks he started with this hacking cough, like something was caught in his throat. I thought he was going to throw up but never did. I did not associate it with NT at the time. Then he started scratching and itching. I started to notice small patches of fur missing on his face and body, not particularly where he was scratching , but in odd places. Then his fur , which is usually smooth started to get a puffy, uneven look. My poor dog was miserable. I took him off it 9 days ago. I can’t believe I gave him this garbage. The cough is gone, he is still itching and lethargic. Instead of the good I thought would do for my dog it did just the opposite. I would not recommend this product to anyone EVER. If he doesn’t improve in a couple days I’m taking him To the vet for blood work hoping he has no liver or kidney damage. I am so heartsick over what I’ve done to my sweet pup. PLEASE ANYONE WHO HAS THIS AND NOT GIVEN IT TO THEIR DOG YET “DON’T. It’ s not worth the upset of seeing your dog deteriorate before your eyes.

#147831 Report Abuse

Hi Pat, Shayne here from Ultimate Pet Nutrition. I’m really sorry to hear about your dog’s reaction to Nutra Thrive. It sounds like your pup might be allergic to an ingredient in it. We do always suggest that our customers consult their dog’s veterinarian first, prior to starting any new product. I’m really sorry to hear that you both had to go through this but I look forward to making this right. I would like to issue you a full refund right away. Just e-mail me at [email protected] and I’ll begin the refund process. Again, I’m really sorry about you and your pup’s experiences.

#147942 Report Abuse
    Emma S
    Participant

YMMV but I personally see too many red flags. I read through the ‘complete ingredient list’ but it was definitely not all ingredients. I do thithink eastern medicine has a place in helping to prevent diseases, but it makes me crazy when herbs are dumped into a ‘proprietary blend’ and the pet should then ingest it every day. Most OD s that use herbal remedies provide a specific formulation for each patient based on symptoms, patient are history etc. And I would expect same for animals. Many herbs are not meant to be taken for long periods of time; some lose efficacy, others can build up. Its also unclear if many of these ingredients are naturally produced or synthetic. Sorry Shane but but I think while this may be okay for some animals, it’s not worth the many negative experiences listed.

#150074 Report Abuse
    Dene C

I ordered this in July, just after having foot surgery. Before it arrived, I happened upon this page and read about people’s dogs getting sick from having this product. I was so alarmed, that when it arrived I did not even open the package, because if my dog got sick, I would not be able to quickly take her to the vet due to my inability to weight bear or walk.
    It wasn’t until early November that I was able to walk and carry my dog if needed to the car to drive to the vet. So I started putting the powder on her food and she liked it. So far so good.

My dog suffers from chronic allergies and has been on a low-dose of prednisone for years. After she had been using this product for several weeks I stopped the prednisone to see if the symptoms would return. I was hoping she would no longer need the prednisone, but unfortunately she began coughing, sneezing, and vomiting bile.
    Let me be clear, this was not in any way in reaction to this product, rather this was how she normally behaved when she was not on prednisone. I had hoped that this product would mitigate the need for the prednisone, alas it did not. In fact I saw absolutely no change in my dog’s behavior, other than the fact that she enjoyed the taste of her food with this powder on it, rendering it nothing more than a very expensive ‘spice’.
    Shayne, can you help me get a refund, even though it’s past the 90 days?

#150089 Report Abuse

Hi Dene, I’m Shayne from Ultimate Pet Nutrition. Thank you so much for your thorough review of Nutra Thrive. I’m sorry to hear that you did not see any health improvements in your pup since starting Nutra Thrive. We do understand that all dogs are different, so Nutra Thrive may work well for some and not for others. I can absolutely issue you a full refund! Just e-mail me at [email protected] and I’ll get on that right away. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I look forward to hearing from you and making this right.

#150095 Report Abuse
    Jerry R

I looked into this stuff when I went to a completely prey diet for my 16 month old dachshund til I realized it just wasn’t necessary and a waste of money.
    No substitute for a proper diet.
    Chicken and turkey feet and necks are high in glucosamine for dogs with arthritis, btw.

#150143 Report Abuse

Hi Jerry, Shayne from Ultimate Pet Nutrition here. Thanks for your feedback. Nutra Thrive is in no way a substitute for a proper diet, rather it is a nutritional addition to a proper diet. Please let me know if you ever change your mind and decide to give our product a try. Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] if you have any other concerns.

#150312 Report Abuse
    Todd H
    Participant

I have never…repeat NEVER written a review on any product. However, I felt compelled to do so after reading so many negative and/or controversial reviews regarding Nutri Thrive both on this site as well as Reddit.

I have 3 girls, 9,7 and 5. The 9 year old is a 45 lb. mix shepherd and some various other breeds. My 7 year old is what I believe to be a 55 lb. Jindo. My 5 year old is mostly Jack Russell. Our life revolves around our 3 girls. There is nothing we wouldn’t do for them. We feed the Mix and the Jack raw and the Jindo Fresh Pet and a small amount of freeze dried raw as she is a bit more sensitive regarding her tummy.

I bought 3 jars of Nutri Thrive about 5-6 weeks just as a supplement to potentially enhance and ensure overall health and longevity. Our Jack does have occasional bouts of chewing and licking raw spots. Our Jindo has always has had a bit of morning sickness her entire life although it has declined a bit over the last few years. Once to twice weekly she would throw up in the morning. No issues whatsoever with the 9 year old mix.

After 5-6 weeks use, the Jack (almost immediately) ceased chewing and licking. Her raw spots are completely filled in and her coat is the best it has ever been by far. As for the Jindo, I have yet to see her get sick. If she has, we haven’t seen it. As for the 9 year old, I can’t say for sure, because she’s always been a healthy, vibrant girl, but I swear I think she has more energy and playfulness about her.

I will continue using the product unless something changes. As for the one’s having negative side effects, so sorry to hear.

Best to all. A home without a dog isn’t home.

#150611 Report Abuse
    Anna S
    Participant

I started using Nutra Thrive a little over a month ago and am on my second can, also using the Omega 3 brain booster powder and the juviflex vitamins. My dog has been very tired all day, maybe less energy than normal. Not sure if it’s the rainy cold weather. But also I have noticed that since he has been sleeping next to me on the couch or when he’s on the bed, he is having seizures in his sleep and I have to nudge him to wake up to stop the sleep seizures. I am not sure if the Nutra Thrive is giving my dog seizures. He has had some small short seizures before the product, but that was like years ago once in a blue moon, not recently. I’ve noticed he’s been having a lot more frequent seizures every time he sleeps next to me. Also, I researched online what causes seizures in dogs and its either a deficiency or an “excess” of potassium,caclcium,ect some of the ingredients used in the Nutra Thrive. So too much of it can actually be bad and cause the seizures in dogs as well. That’s very risky. Also not sure if crominex C+ which is supposed to extend a dogs life has side affects. Not sure if that can cause cancer like the human diet loss supplemt Chromium. Can Silica ingredient in the Nutra Thrive cause cancer? There are a ton of ingredients that seem like the ingredients put into the Whey Protein Powders you buy at the gym that have Chromium and tons of ingredients that cause cancer and liver and lung cancer and death. Not sure if all of these ingredients in the Nutra Thrive are completely natural or not, or if there are some compounds that cause liver lung or cancer. Initally my dog would not touch the food, like Christophers dog. And I had to throw out tons of canned food because eh would not eat the green stuff mixed in with the canned food probably because of the bad overpowering smell like fish food that the dog did not recognize the meaty smells in the can food anymore. Then he started finally eating it, maybe because he was desperate and hungry. But for the hard food, it looked like it had molded over the hard food and got green gunky on the bottem of the bowl, like it could mold, even the soft food. When I tried adding water to the mixture and the food, the hard food sticks together and hardens altogether like a rock which is harder for the dog to eat. With adding the water to the food and green mixture of nutra thrive, all the food sticks together and hardens and gets soggy and could mold more easily, it doesn’t stay separated and hard if you want to leave the food in the bowl for the dog all week. Also the Juviflex vitamins are hard for the dog to eat whole, so I would have to chop them up in tiny pieces and mix it into the wet food. If I did not use the nutra thrive in the soft food, it would last for another day to eat. If I did use the Nutra thrive, it would green up and smell bad and kind of mold over and be inedible for the next morning or day. And I would have to throw all the food out. Also, I think like everyone’s concern is that it’s too expensive to afford and spend a few months supply for like $400, which I did. There should be a whole bag of Nutra Thrive for $50, not a tine can. Now my dog is having seizures after the first can and I taking him to the vet for a checkup, and am wary to try the remaining cans and juviflex vitamins.

Anna
    (510)480-6840

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Anna S.
    #150612 Report Abuse
    Anna S
    Participant

#150613 Report Abuse
    Anna S
    Participant

#150614 Report Abuse
    Anna S
    Participant

#150615 Report Abuse
    Anna S
    Participant

#150675 Report Abuse

Hi Anna, I’m Shayne from Ultimate Pet Nutrition. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your dog’s experience with Nutra Thrive. I have not heard of this happening before, so I would like to fill out an Adverse Reactions Form. Our sole mission is to improve the health and happiness of all pets. We would never create a product that we did not believe in, let alone, a product that is unsafe for consumption. We believe in our products which is why every product is backed by a 90-Day Money Back Guarantee. I wanted to mention that we always ask that our customers consult their pet’s veterinarian prior to starting any new supplement to ensure that it’s safe for that specific pet to take depending on their medical history, allergies, etc. In addition, if our customers find that their pets are reacting negatively to any product, it is always recommended to stop giving them that product immediately. I am so sorry for this upsetting experience. Please e-mail me at [email protected] so I can issue you a full refund and fill out the Adverse Reactions Form. I’m so sorry to hear about your upsetting experience but I look forward to making this right. I’ll keep a lookout for your e-mail.

#151486 Report Abuse
    Jessica M
    Participant

I’m trying to reply to Gregory b so hopefully this isnt just a general reply but anyway I’m confused as to why your vet would say not to use any product that says to consult your vet first. EVERY single supplement and vitamin on earth says to ask your Dr before using it so why would it be different for dogs? The reason youre supposed to check is because every dog and human is different. Just because your dog had an allergic reaction to an ingredient doesnt mean the whole company is a scam. For instance they could be using a simple filler ingredient and just hypothetically lets say the ingredient was harmless blueberry extract. Well my friend is allergic to blueberries so she would have a horrible reaction to any supplement that contained blueberry in any form. That diesnt mean the supplement is unsafe! Everyones health is different and anyone could be allergic to anything and some supplements cant be taken if youre on certain rx meds etc. Like youre not supposed to take beta keratin if youre a smoker because it causes kidney damage or something. You should ALWAYS check with your Dr before taking any vitamins or supplements and thus you should ALWAYS ask your vet before giving your dog any vitamins or supplements. That’s just how it works and I cant believe youve never seen a bottle of vitamin c that says “consult your dr before taking this supplement”. It doesnt mean vitamin c is dangerous for gods sake. Some people posting here are just really ignorant. Lots of people and dogs are allergic to gluten or wheat or corn etc which are totally harmless so before you start calling companies scams and saying their products are dangerous id do a little more research altho I thought the vitamin thing was common knowledge. Also when a person begins a new vitamin regimen with high quality supplements and a lot of them, the body can react badly at first. It happened to my mom. Shes just very sensitive. You really shouldnt be shocking your dogs system and giving them the full doses all at once. I’d reccommend starting off with just a small bit of supplement powder and slowly increasing it. When I start my dogs on new food, if I dont go suoer slowly introducing that new food, my dogs will barf and be sick for a couple of weeks. It doesnt mean the food is poison or generally dangerous. Come on people use your brains! I’m considering buying this product but I’m definitely going to clear it with my vet before actually putting it in either of my dogs food. Are there any updates on the whole ordering problem on the website? Is there still no way to manage your account/shipping type of options? I also read that some of the ingredients are worthless when taken orally so thats the kind of thing id want more info on.

#152808 Report Abuse
    Joel P
    Participant

I checked the BBB after reading Pat’s review where Pat said they have to many complaints. The facts are there were 13 complaints. Only one had to do with anything with a pet after consuming Nutra Thrive. One consumer said her dog had an allergic reaction while another said her dogs would not eat it. The other eleven were about shipping , billing and refunds.
    Blanket statement and misleading reviews really get on my nerves specially after I check out their claims and find the truth.

#152809 Report Abuse
    Joel P
    Participant

I bought a trial jar of Nutra Thrive for my two cats. They both (3 and 13) love it. When I open the jar and they get a whiff of it, they now they are getting a tasty meal and get vocal about it. As far as the other health claims go, who knows? I have no way of knowing if most the claims apply. Cat’s don’t let on anything is wrong. I do know their coats are shinny and they are active. I’m going to keep on using the product.

#154830 Report Abuse
    Linda C
    Participant

I am concerned as I just received my product and noticed the manufacture date was Oct 2018, almost a year and a half ago. I work in a medical clinic dealing with supplements and understand efficacy (how long the product is good for). I called the company and they told me it was good up to 18 months after manufacturing. I was told they had no new batches other than the Oct/Nov 2018 batch. They refunded my money and told me to keep the product. In these unprecedented times, I think a company should inform their customers rather than try to unload a product by advertising it on sale.

#155128 Report Abuse
    Chao L
    Participant

This is the first time I write a review for a product that we can’t find much info online. At least we don’t know which comment online is real. But this is real!! As soon as I put the powder one scoop for each cat (as recommended on the bottle), they Smelled the food and walked away. My cats are not picky on food at all. I tried both on wet food and dry food. They wouldn’t eat the food. For wet food I chose feline natural and ziwipeak, dry food Fromm. My cat breed is one 3yr old rag doll, one 3yr old ragamuffin and one 1yr old domestic from shelter in case you are wondering. All three cats from different breeds wouldn’t eat the food after I mixed the powder in. What are the odds! The only one time that they ate a portion of the food with the powder is after I turned the AC to a colder temperature than usual for a day (sometimes pets are not that hungry in warmer conditions). They went to the wet food and started eating. But they only ate a portion of it, didn’t finish the meal that they normally would without the powder. As soon as they are done they went straight for the water! 3 of them. They don’t do that usually after eating the wet food. I even tasted myself the powder is very salty/umami flavored (just like MSG). This is completely unnatural for a pet supplement to be that flavorful. Highly doubt what’s inside that chicken stock flavor. Unless someone test it out in a research paper saying it’s safe for pets I’m not giving it to my cats any more. I know this is a review place for dog Nutra Thrive and I don’t know if the umami/salt flavor is any different than the cat Nutra Thrive powder but thought would be better to bring up the issues or concerns that I have so far. I read a lot of comments above saying their dogs energy level went up after eating this product but that also aligned with my suspicion, which the salt level is very high. Every animal will get hyped once they consume too much salt. Just like the effects of caffeine.
    No I wouldn’t recommend this powder at least cat version to anyone.

#155177 Report Abuse

Hi Chao, I’m Shayne from Ultimate Pet Nutrition. I wanted to chime in really quickly to shed some light on a few of your concerns. We would never make a product that we didn’t wholeheartedly believe in, or a product that is unsafe for consumption. Our full list of ingredients are outline on our website that you can find here, https://ultimatepetnutrition.com/product/nutra-thrive-cat/. In addition, all of our products go through rigorous testing for quality, purity and potency at an independent, 3rd-party facility. If you have any more questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to me at [email protected].

#155535 Report Abuse
    Larisa B
    Participant

I am in the same boat at David C with the customer service of Nutra Thrive. I am glad to see Ultimate Pet eventually responded and will refund.
    While taking the supplement my 14 year dog developed a urinary infection. She had never had any urinary problems prior to using the product. I have emailed the company three times before my 90 day guarantee refund date was over, with no response.

#155583 Report Abuse

Hi Larisa, Shayne here from Ultimate Pet Nutrition. I’m really sorry to hear about your dog’s experience. I’m also sorry about the delay in our response to you. Due to the recent health conditions of the nation, our Customer Service centers have been experiencing major business changes. We apologize for the trouble and inconvenience you’ve experienced. Our team is doing our best to provide the best possible service to our customers while taking the proper social distancing precautions as instructed by the CDC and limiting the number of employees we have in the office. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. With that said, can you e-mail me directly at [email protected] so I can personally begin the refund process for you? I’ll keep a lookout for your e-mail and look forward to hearing from you.

#155708 Report Abuse
    JIm M
    Participant

I saw the video also. The thing I could not get out of my head was the fact that you add this wonder supplement directly onto the food the doctor says is killing your dog!? That alone makes me call B.S. on the entire thing. It sounds too much like the other wonder supplement Dino vite which has killed dogs .

No thanks.

#156504 Report Abuse
    Karin K
    Participant

I’ve been using Nutra Thrive since January for my 5 cats and 3 dogs. It is somewhat challenging to administer it on the dry cat kibble, and I’m pretty sure none of my cats get the recommended amount since I just sprinkle some of it on to the food set out for them. I also notice that some of it just ends up as a greenish mess on the bottom of the bowl that I am unsure about trying to re-feed. However, I do notice that 4 of my cats have a shinier, smoother coat. Otherwise, I have not noticed much of a difference, but the improved coat is a good sign. Two of my three dogs’ coat has improved, though these two also started hacking – in reading others’ reviews that seems to be more common , and I would love to see some explanation for that. What I don’t like about this product is the outrageous price – I take enough supplements myself to doubt the cost justifies the product. It will definitely lead me to discontinue use and find something less costly, especially in a financially challenging time. And my reason to dislike this company is the inefficiency of the website: without consumer login there’s no way to manage one’s orders. So when I cancelled one of my orders (to place a subscription instead) I did so by contacting customer service on the site, as well as contacting them by phone. Now I’m being told that their records do not indicate my cancelling this order! What a scam! Again, I don’t know that all this hassle justifies the product – I will definitely start my search for something else. Years ago I feed my dogs supplements discussed in Dr Pitcairn’s book on natural health for pet – it might be time to go back to that.

#156506 Report Abuse
    John M

I recently ordered Nutra Thrive for my English Bulldog. When I opened it for the first time I noticed that it was clumped together, like a jar of gravel instead of powder. Then I read the manufactured date of 11/28/2018 on the bottom of the jar. This product was already 17-months old. I contacted customer service about a refund and initially the rep tried to assure me that the effective life of the product was 18-months and since it was a 30-day supply I should be finished with it before it expired. What an insult! I asked for a refund and was eventually given an RMA number and instructions for returning the product, with me paying for the return shipping. I insisted that I should not have to pay return shipping when they were the ones that sent the old product. In the end I shipped it at my cost and was given a refund for the product price. I can’t provide feedback good or bad for the effectiveness of the product but my experience with Ultimate Pet Nutrition was not good at all.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by John M.
    #156512 Report Abuse
    Dene C

To Karin K
    If you get a spray bottle with water and spray the dry cat food just before you sprinkle the powder on it and after, it will adhere to the cat food better. I tried this product for my dog and saw absolutely no improvement whatsoever, but she also did not have any negative affects. I did get a refund.

#156513 Report Abuse
    Margaret F
    Participant

I ordered and recently received the Nutra Thrive supplement for cats. I was extremely disappointed in what minuscule amount of product was in the jar; an approx. three inch depth contained little more than one-half inch of product. The next disappointment was realized when I noted the date of manufacture was over one year ago (400 days!), even though their website says that due to high demand it may take 5-7 business days to receive order. If it were in such high demand the date of manufacture should be from last month at the earliest. I did call their customer service number and after being on hold for 24+ minutes, was again disappointed with my experience. Rep claimed that the product is good for two years before losing effectiveness. Bull caca! I will not waste anymore time on this order and will instead refute the charge. If they want their minuscule product back they can come and pick it up.

#156540 Report Abuse

Hi everyone, I’m Shayne from Ultimate Pet Nutrition. I wanted to chime in to help clear up any confusion and frustrating experiences. I wanted to confirm that Nutra Thrive for Dogs is good for 18 months from the Manufactured Date (Date on the bottom of the jar). I do apologize for any frustrations and confusion. Please reach out to me directly if you need a refund, or are in need of a new jar. You can reach me at [email protected]. I look forward to assisting you!

#157885 Report Abuse
    Jerold K
    Participant

I bought Nutra Thrive Canine Nutritional Supplement directly from the company after I saw an infomercial touting its benefits with a horse called “Sly.” The message in the infomercial was POWERFUL. The ingredients brought “Sly” the horse back to life after he was on his way to dying.! My dog was not dying. In fact he was and is very healthy. I thought to myself this product will just make him healthier. On June 19,2020, I started feeding small amounts to my Jack Russell/ Chihuahua by mixing it in with his other regular food. Within 3-4 days , I noticed that my dog had black diarrhea. I also noticed that he was scratching his anal area with his teeth. I noticed that his anal area was red. I immediately took him off the supplement. I thought everything would return to normal. I did not at that time check his entire body. I thought the redness was confined to his anal area. Then on June 29th, I saw that he had red blotches on his flank and stomach area.( I have pictures, but I do not think I can attach them here.) (I did send the pictures to the company.) I WAS IN A PANIC! I got on the INTERNET and started to research the issue. After my research, I thought it could be ringworm. I took him to a vet and to my surprise, it was not ringworm, but a strong a strong allergic reaction to something. I told the vet about my use of Nutra Thrive. He concluded it must have been something in the ingredients that caused that reaction. I was dumbfounded!
    Anyway, the vet gave him a cortisone shot , put him on antibiotics for 2 weeks, shaved his stomach and flank area so I could apply gentacalm on his body throughout the day. He also has a cone around his neck so he cannot scratch his anal area. My dog is not happy! UNBELIEVABLE! The vet bill was $298.99! PRIOR TO THIS EVENT, MY DOG HAD NEVER BEEN TO A VET FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN TO GET HIS YEARLY SHOTS. I have owned him for 4 years. He is 10 years old.
    I would strongly suggest to any dog owner that if your dog develops diarrhea, IN MY OPINION, STOP USING THIS PRODUCT IMMEDIATELY!
    I called customer service and asked for a refund because my dog had terrible diarrhea. The girl was very understanding and said she would issue a refund. I had no problems with the company with my request for a refund. I mailed back the jar which was 95% full because I had used very little.
    I also sent an E-mail to customer service telling them what had happened and requested that they reimburse me for the vet bill. A person named Aldo replied and stated that he apologized for the ‘inconvenience” that has caused me and my pet. He calls a $298.99 vet bill and the miserable condition my dog finds himself in an “inconvenience.” UNBELIEVABLE! I wonder what he would say if the shoe were on the other foot and it was his dog that had this problem.
    And of course he gives the standard line that they always suggest speaking with your “preferred” veterinarian for the best advise. THE INFOMERCIAL THAT I SAW NEVER SUGGESTED THAT! If that is their position then every ad they run should state that the customer should see their “preferred vet” first before they buy the product. Of course if they did that they wouldn’t sell any product because the vet would most assuredly say do not buy the product. The vet would sell them their own product. WHO ARE THEY KIDDING! Their whole business model is to bypass the vet. IF IT WERE OTHERWISE, THEY WOULD TRY TO SELL THEIR PRODUCT THROUGH THE VET!
    Aldo never mentioned anything about the vet bill by the way.
    The ingredients in Nutra Thrive caused harm to my dog and The company should reimburse me for my vet bill of $298.99! I understand that they do not sell their product to harm pets. That is not their intention. However, when their product negligently causes harm to a pet, they are liable for the damages. If they care about pets like they say they do. they should pay up.
    A STRANGE THING HAPPENED WHEN I GOT MY REFUND ON JULY 7,2020. The refund was issued by a company called “California Pet Partners.” I looked up who runs that company. The name I found was Martin Goldstein. Martin Goldstein is none other than DR. MARTY who sells his own line of dog supplements. WHY AM i GETTING A REFUND FROM DR. MARTY FOR A PRODUCT THAT IS SOLD BY DR. RICHTER! STRANGE!

#172088 Report Abuse
    Victoria D
    Participant

Something I can’t quite figure out… Nutra Thrive talks about how very bad commercial dried dog food is – even the best. Yet they say to keep using it and put the magic fairy dust on top of the very bad dried dog food. How does this make sense?

#172382 Report Abuse
    Tracy C
    Participant

Hey Shayne,

I wanted to thank you for being here to discuss and assist! This speaks volumes regarding integrity. Scammers wouldn’t bother taking the time.
    I ordered your product for my dog and cats. They love it and there were zero adverse reactions.
    Thank you!

#175813 Report Abuse
    Marie B
    Participant

Oh wow, I just purchased the boost product they make and after reading these reviews, no way will I be giving to my elderly dog! Wonder if I can cancel the order. Calling Paypal.

#189964 Report Abuse
    Michelle B
    Participant

I had my 12 yr old yorkie on this for a couple of years I am not sure how long exactly. While it seemed to help her joints she ended up developing heart disease which ultimately killed her. Has there been any tests done to reveal if it causes any problems such as heart disease?

#190021 Report Abuse
    Seo W
    Participant

Pyridoxine hydrochloride, often referred to as Vitamin B6, plays a crucial role in the nutrition of dogs when incorporated into their food. This water-soluble vitamin is a vital component in a dog’s diet, contributing to various metabolic processes and overall well-being.
    Here are some key aspects of pyridoxine hydrochloride in dog food

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Seo W.
Viewing 40 posts - 51 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.