Supplement: Nutra Thrive

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum Supplement: Nutra Thrive

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Ruth K

I have seen a video advertisement for Nutra Thrive. It is a supplement to help health of dogs with allergies, inflammation and other vitamin deficiency symptoms. I am interested in finding out if it is legitimate or scam. Please let me know what you have discovered about this product. Thank you.

The website is: https://ultimatepetnutrition.com/product/nutra-thrive/

#129265 Report Abuse

Shayne V

Hi Ruth! I’m Shayne from Ultimate Pet Nutrition. I came across your post and wanted to let you know that I work in the Customer Service Department of Ultimate Pet Nutrition! We are a 100% legitimate company whose sole purpose is to improve the health and happiness of your pets (specifically dogs & cats)! You can e-mail me at any time if you ever have any questions or concerns! My e-mail address is [email protected]. I look forward to speaking with you!

#129266 Report Abuse

Pat P

I saw the same video and went to check them out. They had too many complaints with the Better Business Bureau for my liking! I’d beware.

#129286 Report Abuse

Kelly J

I saw the video too a few months ago, and I tried it for my 13 year old Malamute mix who has the typical problem of old age, stiff, arthritis, low energy. I have to back this product. The taste must be outstanding for dogs because ‘Lefty’ loves it. With his age, we feed canned food and I sprinkle the supplement on the food, add some warm water and mix. I SWEAR he is more spunky. I don’t know how long the supplement takes to work but it DOES work, for my dog. The ONLY negatives are: the price, it is high but when I see new life in an old dog, I get over it. I don’t care for the little jars that are only filled half way. I would rather have a bigger jar filled with 3 months worth or NO jar at all, I don’t recycle the jars so I feel bad every time I toss them into the trash. Maybe have a return program for the plastic jars, postage free. Other than that, I swear by the stuff and my advise is to just give it a try. Can’t hurt.

#129287 Report Abuse

Kelly J

I wonder what the complaints to the BBB were. I have ordered from them a few times so far, no hassle ordering, fast shipping(a few days…..I live in rural area). I can only speak for me and my dogs, though I mostly have it for my senior dog, I also give my young pitbull some…..I swear she is SUPER SHINY. Shes a chocolate black Pit.

#129296 Report Abuse

Ruth K

Grateful for feedback. It helps me determine the best way forward for my dog. I will check out Better Business Bureau and continue my research.

#129401 Report Abuse

Shayne V

Hi everyone! I’m Shayne from Ultimate Pet Nutrition. I wanted to clear up some confusion… Ultimate Pet Nutrition currently does NOT have a Better Business Bureau profile. I believe you have mistaken our product, Nutra Thrive, with the BBB profile for Thrive Nutra, Inc. Thrive Nutra, Inc is in no way affiliated with Ultimate Pet Nutrition… Rather, they sell vitamins and supplements for humans. The website on that profile takes you to thrivenutra.com which is not our website. Our website is ultimatepetnutrition.com. I hope this clears up any confusion! Please feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected] if you have any other questions or concerns.

#130389 Report Abuse

KATHLEEN M

I too saw the video. My Dog had 2 severe pancreatic attacks. She is now on Science diet lowfat prescription food and has been doing well for years. Will this supplement be beneficial for her? She is a 11 year old Shizu-poodle mix.

#130648 Report Abuse

Shayne V

Hi Kathleen, Shayne from Ultimate Pet Nutrition here. It sounds like your dog might benefit from Nutra Thrive! As always, we do suggest that our customer’s consult their dog’s primary veterinarian prior to beginning any new supplement to ensure that it is right for them. Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you have any other questions. Thank you!

#130649 Report Abuse

. .

I had been feeding my three dogs Hill’s Science Diet Canine “i/d” dry, and then mix of dry and canned (also i/d)…I have been feeding my animals (cats & dogs) only Hill’s Science Diet (i/d, m/d). No table scraps no snack…very strict and consistent diet.

I don’t believe in giving my animals food items that are not meant for good health. Yet, all have developed diabetes, and/or cancer, and/or kidney disease and/or urinary dysfunction at much earlier ages than what would be expected. So here’s what…I no longer trust Hill’s Science diet — particularly the dry food.

I first eliminated the dry for my cat, out of desperation after months of heavy, I mean HEAVY, urination — replacing the cat litter every 48 hours because of major urination, complete litter saturation. One evening I only served the wet food, and to my hope, prayers, and pleasant surprise…starting the VERY NEXT DAY, the heavy urination STOPPED!

That was about 2 months ago, and he’s been fine ever since. He still has diabetes, though (4 units insulin/day). For now. But I am working on changing his diet further — getting as far away from any Hill’s Science Diet as possible, or any conventional pet food. Wet or dry.

Same with my dogs, I now have them completely off Hill’s. I switched to Just Food for Dogs (formerly known as True Food for Dogs). It’s too late for one of my dogs whom I just had down about 3 weeks ago — cancer. But I have my two others and they are doing well. But…

One of my dogs, having sever symptoms of kidney disease, urinary dysfunction (constant thirst lots of urination), and an insatiable appetite…all seemed like signs of diabetes and/or kidney disease — but, his blood work indicated all was fine. So what could it be? Well, it turns out his calcium, sodium, phosphorus, and of course his electrolytes, and many other things in his blood work results reported dangerously low. “The lowest I’ve ever seen in my career,” stated our 17 year veteran of veterinary medicine stated.” (Oh, BTW my dog had lost a lot of weight over a short period of time, where I could see his ribs and hip bones very prominently.

Then vet concluded from the above indications that it must to be Diabetes Insipidus, “a condition that results from insufficient production of the antidiuretic hormone (ADH), a hormone that helps the kidneys and body conserve the correct amount of water. Normally, the antidiuretic hormone controls the kidneys’ output of urine.” But we needed further examination to confirm.

So we got on schedule to take my dog in to get an ultrasound procedure ($350-$500). It was a couple of weeks away before I could afford the additional cost for confirming or knowing the true problem. If the ultrasound did not reveal anything…a CT scan would be required to check for brain tumor. (I know. Very serious.)

Meanwhile, I went to Just Food for Dogs (JFFD) and had several long talks with them as I’m a very inquisitive and discerning consumer. Once I was satisfied with their answers about the product, how it works and why, I picked up my first batch of the fresh ready-made food as well as the supplement powder and the recipe so I that could start making the food myself at home — and save money.

Just under two weeks later, I asked the vet to take another blood panel — just like the previous one to compare if he was getting worse or improving. When she received the results, our vet called me and stated, “It’s like a miracle, all his levels are up to very healthy normal indicators…what did you do?” I told her we’d changed our dogs’ diet to the JFFD, and she said, “Keep doing what you’re doing. Don’t change a thing!” (BTW, he’s filling out, I look forward to weighing him again in a couple of weeks.)

Do you like to cook? I do. (I’m a bit of a foodie.) If you are a person who appreciates quality ingredients (Did I mention, this simple and particular recipe for my dogs’ age, calls for fresh ground lamb, cauliflower, carrots, blueberries, brown rice, yum! Of course, adding the powdered supplements to make my dogs’ meals whole and complete)…if you care about your animal’s comfort and well being, I highly recommend you consider making your dog’s food yourself with the proper, professional, guidance, and supplemental ingredients (powder).

I’m also going to look further into Nutra Thrive as a possible additional supplement. It looks very interesting. But I plan to be careful to not overdo. Will seek the proper guidance.

In summary, I am getting as far away from Hill’s as I can, and will be switching to the Feline version from JFFD very soon, hoping I can get my sweet little cat (actually, he’s a big tabby with the heart of a kitten) on the healthier food source, too.

One thought I’d also like to share: Just one thing I don’t agree with from the video and the veterinarian who created Nutra Thrive… I think his statement was in the effort to be encouraging, make it sound easy — to simply NOT change from whatever junky food (be it grocery store, pet store, or vet office source) dog owners are currently feeding their animals. I just DON’T agree with that at all. Why? It pretty common sense to me.

Just by what the vet in the video says regarding how pet foods are processed (super high temperatures, no nutrients left, for example), and just by my reading the ingredients, and how the vet in the video states conventional food makes dogs look, feel, act, or eliminate poorly are but a few key reasons for me to stay clear of anything I feed my pets that I don’t have control over — hence, cooking it myself, with proper ingredients and guidance.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.