šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 1,192 total)
  • Author
    Ruth T

Only Natural Pet Canine Power Food – they have Red Meat and Fish. Thanks, Ruth

#65793 Report Abuse
    Robert P

Please review Trader Joe’s canned dog food

thanx

#65875 Report Abuse
    Victoria Q

I would like to nominate Steve’s Real Food Raw. What are your thoughts on Steve’s?

#65882 Report Abuse
    Daren S

I am nominating the following cooked,frozen dog foods:

Maverick’s Natures Variety.

Just Food For Dogs

My Perfect Pet

#65977 Report Abuse
    John E

I don’t see Earthborn Grain Free product on the Choice list. Please help me understand the areas lacking.
    Thank you,
    John

#65978 Report Abuse
    Victoria Q

What commercial raw food do you use, per your response to Linda S.?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Victoria Q.
    #66091 Report Abuse
    Tracey U

So far, I’ve been impressed with Life’s Abundance. I’m curious if this would make the favorites list. It has quality protein and other ingredients and seems to be a high quality food that is much more cost effective than some of the other top choice dog foods.

#66093 Report Abuse
    Nancy A

I would like to nominate Small Batch Dog Food. The company is based in San Francisco and sources its food ingredients from sustainably raised cows, chickens, turkeys, lamb and rabbits; and the produce is organically grown. It is a raw food diet that is frozen and comes in patties for larger dogs and sliders for smaller dogs.

#66301 Report Abuse
    cheryl t
    #66311 Report Abuse
    Nancy B

Cheryl: The Honest Kitchen is on the 5 Star list. Pricy but good. I just switched to Champion Foods Orijen because the THK food jumped a lot in price. Orijen is just as fresh and wholesome and I’m saving $125/month; free shipping from Chewy. Dogs love it. See Champion Foods video.

#66314 Report Abuse
    Jennifer B

What do you think of Kinetic dog food? At my local feed store this food comes highly recommended? And what are your thought on feeding a larger breed puppy the whole earth farms grain free chicken and turkey dog food the calcium max is 1.62 and phosphorus at 1.08 ? Thanks Jenny

#66993 Report Abuse
    Leighanne J

Open farm New product Looks interesting ?

#67048 Report Abuse
    Marie R

What about earthborn. No recalls

#67139 Report Abuse
    Krista S

I’d like to nominate Nature’s Logic dry and raw to editors choice.

#67177 Report Abuse
    Nancy B

I nominate Wysong’s Epigen

#67294 Report Abuse
    Laura W

What about American Natural Grain Free?

#67399 Report Abuse
    G Thomas D

I am presently feeding Nulo Freestyle Adult Dog Food. In your reviews, you give it 5 stars but it doesn’t show in you February Best Choices. Why wouldn’t brand with 5 stars show up on your list?

#67472 Report Abuse
    Peggy P

I’m considering Zignature dry (they have lamb, duck, turkey, trout and salmon), I’d like to know about all of them. On Chewy.com, this food does get good reviews. Thanks.

#67489 Report Abuse
    ricardo r

Hello,

There is a new Brand, made in Spain, with 60% WAGYU OXEN meat.

I don’t know if you heard about it because is new.

You can check more info

http://www.altudog.com/en/ingredientes-y-productos.php

I would like if possible to know your comments regarding this food.

Thank you
    Ricardo Rios

#67543 Report Abuse
    Melissa J

Ziwipeak is amazing

#67548 Report Abuse
    Laura W

American Natural Grain Free

#67655 Report Abuse
    Lisa C

I recently switched to Nutri Source (grain free). I am feeding my four dogs (Weimaraner, German Shorthaired Pointer, 2 Poodles) the Chicken Formula, and the Heartland Formula. They love it. I haven’t been able to find anything negative.
    I would like to nominate this dog food. Unless there is something negative that I don’t know!

#67761 Report Abuse
    Dori

If I haven’t nominated OC Raw Dog Food I would like to do so now. I’ve had it in commercial raw rotation feeding and all three dogs have been doing very well on it. Thank you.

#67768 Report Abuse
    Kristin O

Solid Gold Barking at the Moon

#67831 Report Abuse
    Lisa E

What about Zignature brand dog food, in particular the salmon and trout formula? Why don’t they ever make the editors choice list?

#67904 Report Abuse
    James S

A brand new member here…I don’t want to bring up an old subject if its already been discussed, but I can’t find a way to search on this forum to see if a particular brand has already been discussed. Suggestions?

#67906 Report Abuse
    Christine A

In the budget category, the Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain foods may be worth considering if they haven’t been ruled out as a contender in the past. Even with the cost of a $55 yearly membership to Costco factored in, most of the dry foods come out to be barely above or even below $1 a pound. I just bought a case of the canned version to use in a pinch (/dog-food-reviews/natures-domain-grain-free-canned/), it clocked in at $21 for 24 cans….in can food terms, that’s practically free!

#67907 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Hi James S,

On the forum home page, there’ll be a search bar on the right side of the page near, but not at, the top of the page. It’s only there on the home page though.

#67908 Report Abuse
    Tracey U

Kirkland’s Natures Domain isn’t that good. I work at a dog training school and they feed it to all their dogs. Most of them have terrible diarrhea problems with it and some have skin problems as well. A few dogs were tried on a different food to see if there was a difference and all these problems cleared up. I wouldn’t recommend it based on experience with 58 dogs despite the cost savings.

#67912 Report Abuse
    James S

Thanks DogFoodie –

I just wanted to find out why NutriSource is not named an Editor’s Choice, but I didn’t want to drag anyone back through a conversation that’s already been addressed. I found the search on the home page, but it searches all forums, not just the Editor’s Choice one.

#67916 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Hi James,

If I remember correctly, we did discuss exactly that a while back and I seem to recall that the manufacturer wasn’t interested in participating in the information gathering process that Dr. Mike and the team go through when considering brands for the EC section of the site.

That doesn’t concern me a bit though. I think NutriSource is a great product and I’ve recommended it regularly for several years. I would not hesitate to use it (or Pure Vita or Natural Planet Organics) as part of a rotation. There are several other regular posters here who use or recommend the brand as well.

#67931 Report Abuse
    James S

Hi DogFoodie –

Perfect – that’s exactly what i was looking for, although its rather curious that they wouldn’t invest the time to be considered for an Editor’s Choice. I appreciate you help.

#67933 Report Abuse
    Dori

James S. Thought you should read this in case you haven’t already. It’s under EC FAQ.

/frequently-asked-questions/about-editors-choice/

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Dori.
    #67953 Report Abuse
    James S

Thanks, Dori. I had read it, which does give me a little pause, but in reading most of the NutriSource posts throughout the forums, it does seem to have pretty favorable comments.
    Thanks again for your help.

#68013 Report Abuse
    Barbara C S

Zignature (Limited Ingredient Formula) We use both the can & dry
    Trout & Salmon

** This is one of the few brands that I have found that works for dogs with a sensitive stomach and allergies ** The Trout & Salmon is their favorite formula

#68086 Report Abuse
    Patty S

Farmina, available on several online stores including Amazon and Chewy.com

Only Natural Pet Canine Power Food

#68132 Report Abuse
    Janine S

I said the same thing about Farmina a month ago and never heard anything, I would also like to nominate Hound & Gatos canned Chicken.

#68267 Report Abuse
    Carla D

Hi there! We’re eagerly awaiting the arrival of our standard poodle puppy next week & so I’ve just subscribed to figure out what to feed him. Our knowledgeable & well-respected breeder has recommended Dick Van Patten’s Sweet Potato & Venison Dry Formula, but I’m also wondering about Blue Buffalo’s Wilderness Brand that we fed our first standard poodle who lived to the wonderful age of 15 years & 3 months. I don’t see either or these brands in the current Editor’s Choice. Please advise & thanks in advance!

#68268 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

I don’t foresee either of those brands ever making editor’s choice.

Blue has a history of quality control issues, as well as some dishonesty with their ingredients. They use a myriad of co packers and don’t care to disclose much, if any, information.

Natural Balance is owned by Del Monte now. The quality of ingredients has gone down some since the purchase, and knowing DM, I would expect that to continue

#68271 Report Abuse
    Carla D

Thanks so much for this info…….very helpful & will definitely now go with one of the Editor’s Choice recommended puppy foods.

#68375 Report Abuse
    SdianeM M

All provide dog food

#68380 Report Abuse
    Marie R

Fromm sound like a good food.

#68395 Report Abuse
    Leonard N

What about Blue Wilderness or other Blue foods? My daughter in law is a pet care person and thinks it is good.

#68396 Report Abuse
    Dori

If you look on the review side and then go through some of the comments, you’ll see that a number of people are posting that their dogs that once did well on Blue are having gastrointestinal issues. I think, though I’m not positive, that there is a thread on Blue foods.

#68460 Report Abuse
    Debra P

I too would like to nominate Darwin’s. Great product. I have
    to quit feeding it to my dog because my income is tight and I’m trying to find a cheaper, but still good product, but if I had the money, that’s the one I’d use. I admit I just found this website when I went looking to change my dog’s food, so there appear to be many products that would be good, but I felt very good about Darwin’s

#68556 Report Abuse
    Karen W

Percise holistic complete dry dog food

#68573 Report Abuse
    Debra S

What about Nature’s Recipe pure essentials Limited ingredient formula? Looks like it contains no unidentified meat ingredients, label says that it meets nutritional requirements and has a low fat/protein ratio…..
    I changed from Beneful a month or two ago (luckily) and have been searching for a good quality dog food…..tried various things until I got this. My dogs really like it and it looks healthy. I then saw your website and have joined. Why does it only get 3.5 stars?
    Thanks, Debbie

#68777 Report Abuse
    Judy P

What about The Honest Kitchen dehydrated food? There are numerous choices including at least 3 grain free and including numerous minerals and supplements. Also, for kibble, what about Great Life and Pioneer Natural (made by Great Life)? I prefer to feed raw and dehydrated but the ingredients in these two grain free kibbles certainly seem far above the norm.

#69001 Report Abuse
    Mary M
    Participant

Hi,
    I just discovered a new brand called “Small Batch.” They are a small company based in the Bay area of California. I’m not sure if the food is sold outside the west coast, but they certainly use high-quality ingredients. They make raw patties, and dehydrated meat treats (jerky). My dog loved the turkey jerky (notoriously picky girl). Would love to at least see a review of this food on the website.

#69011 Report Abuse
    Catherine U

A local grocery store recently started carrying a canned dog food called “I and Love and you”. It is made in the USA and is distributed by NETPETS in Boulder, CO. The can I bought is beef booyah stew. It seems to be a good quality grain-free food but I don’t find it on our list of foods. I would like to see a review of it.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 1,192 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.