🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    nunyanunya

My puppy (10mo. old/50lbs.) farts all the time.
    No sound, just stench.
    I have fed him very expensive puppy food … Solid Gold Wolf Cub …
    was advised by my vet to add a tablespoon of yogurt (did not help).
    He is energetic, goes #2 twice a day, NO diarrhea, gets walked and uses a treadmill, gets play time at least 4 times a day.
    Great shiny coat, bright eyes.
    Just the farting is so gross and so constant.
    Is there such a thing as a product like ‘Beano’ for dogs?
    I love my puppy and have had many other dogs but never one that had a gas problem.
    It’s really gross and embarrassing when company comes over.

#30671 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I answered you on the other thread you posted on, but would like to add that kefir, found near the yogurt in the grocery, has 10 strains of probiotics where yogurt only has 3. However, your dog could also have issues with digesting milk products.

#30678 Report Abuse
    aimee
    Participant

Here is a link to a chapter about flatulence. Hope you will find some information that will help you resolve the issue. https://s3.amazonaws.com/mmi_sacn5/Chapter+65+-+Flatulence.pdf

#30683 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

My pup used to have silent killer farts too. It only went away after adding probiotics and digestive enzymes. I started using those a couple years ago. Now I only use them a couple times a week and my dogs can eat various types of food and flavors without any issues.

#30684 Report Abuse

Try a grain free food. Does that one you’re currently feeding have barley in it? Barley makes my guys gas, big time!

I like Fromm 4star (the grain free lines only). I also have good experiences with PetGuard Lifespan (none of the other formulas, lifespan only!) Although it does contain rice and oatmeal, it sits well with dog tummies and no farting 🙂

#30806 Report Abuse
    Jenmarlew

I have much the same problem with my 6 month old Bouvier. Tried yogurt and kefir both gave him the runs so the dairy must be an issue. I’m looking into probiotics in pill or powder form. In the meantime I read that you can give dogs Beano or GasX so I guess I’ll be trying that. Any other info would be much appreciated!

#30807 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Have you tried digestive enzymes? The yogurt and Kefir both contain probiotics but not enzymes. I’m not sure about the Beano or GasX.

#30810 Report Abuse
    Jenmarlew

Haven’t tried enzymes. Is there a brand or type you recommend? I also read earlier today that the probiotics might make the problem slightly worse before it gets better. Has anyone had this experience?

#30811 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I’m using total-zymes powder right now with success. The only time they have gas is after I feed them sardines for some reason. They get fish farts! Lol! It is a little expensive and I’m going to try a cheaper brand next to see if it still works. Good luck!

#30818 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’m really liking Swanson’s. I tried Mercola’s and it was OK, but Swanson’s is great.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.