๐Ÿฑ NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 655 total)
  • Author
    DogFoodie

Through today, Friday, July 25th, if you spend $50 at Swansons.com, you can save 15% on your order with promo code 15OFFJULY. Also, you get free shipping with a minimum purchase of $50.

Details: To redeem this offer, please click through this email or use case-sensitive promo code 15OFFJULY during checkout. 15 Percent Off offer ends 11:59 pm Central Time, July 25, 2014. Order total must meet or exceed the qualifying threshold before shipping and sales taxes have been applied. Free standard shipping requires a minimum purchase of $50 after any discounts or sales taxes have been applied. Domestic orders only. Orders over $50 shipped outside the 48 contiguous United States will be subject to additional freight charges (less $4.99 standard shipping charge).

#48054 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I got my Wellness coupons today! ;0

#48068 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Mine came too!

#48073 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Got mine too ๐Ÿ™‚

#48377 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Petsmart $5 off coupon for dog or cat food valid through 9/29 on any size of the following brands:
    Blue Buffalo, Castor & Pollux ORGANIX & Ultramix, Hillโ€™s Ideal Balance, Innova, Natureโ€™s Recipe, Nutro Natural Choice, Nulo, Nutro Max, Nutro Ultra, Simply Nourish, Wellness

Specialized: Authority, Bil-Jac/Farmerโ€™s Bounty, Eukanuba, Hillโ€™s Science Diet, Pet Botanics, Pro Plan, Royal Canin.

http://www.pennywisepaws.com/petsmart-5-natural-specialized-dry-dog-cat-food-size/

#48445 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Don’t you just love that site Bobby’s mom??

#48446 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

that coupon is valid through the end of Sept too so hang on to it for great sale and stacking deals

#49120 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

So I went to Petco yesterday and used my buy one get one free Purona ProPlan canned food. And that is all that let me use it for, just one free can. I don’t have Akari’s touch. lol! I am now the proud owner of two cans of Purina chicken and liver cat food. I’ve never used it before. We’ll see how it goes. It’s from Bobby dog’s approved list!

#49124 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Oh no!!!! Where’s Akari when we need her? I think she is spending time with her family, I’m not sure.

Was the coupon a manufacturers or one you printed? I think when Akari uses multiple coupons it’s the kind you print yourself and her store lets her use multiples of the same coupon in one transaction. Only one pet store I frequent will let me do that. The other two adhere to the coupon rules printed on them which are most of the time “only one like coupon per transaction” or something similar. If I want to use multiples of the same coupon I have to do separate transactions.

Hope they like it. Basically it’s the poultry platter without so many fillers and fish; of course the can is smaller with a higher price too. lol

#49127 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

It was a coupon that was at the bottom of my last receipt from Petco. Probably because I didn’t buy any of that brand. They are trying to “suck” me in. Lol! I really didn’t think they would let me buy 5 and get 5 free, but of course, I had to ask. Yes, definitely too expensive for a small can of mediocre cat food. At least the Poultry Platter is priced accordingly. I think it is made by Purina also. I’m starting to like the Sheba pate food as well. Not sure if it is you or Akari that feed it. But, it is probably as good as Fancy Feast and a little cheaper. Can it only be found at Walmart?

#49129 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Oh yes, I used my Wellness coupons also. The cats got a bag of our favorite turkey and duck core flavor. Woo Hoo!

#49132 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Well we will have to wait for Akari’s input on those coupons printed on receipts. lol

Yes, both Purina.

I throw in Sheba every now and then. Akari too. You can find it in grocery stores, drug stores, even TSC started carrying it, but the best price is Wal-Mart. The easy part of feeding it is if there is any seafood mentioned in the name, it of course has it included in the recipe, otherwise no fish in any recipe. The last time I checked the entire line was grain free; just wish they left the added color out. ๐Ÿ™

#49144 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hey Bobby dog-
    Would you mind heading over to the review site’s off topic thread? I replied to Sandy about flea control. I would like your opinion as well. My sister’s dog is a mess. I printed your advice on what to do about his skin. Is think she is finally about to actually listen. She has thought that I was too extreme before. But, now, she is at her wit’s end. She has started using garlic, and a topical dose of front line or advantage. Not sure which. But they are still covered. The garlic was started too late, I’m afraid. Anyway. Probably should continue conversation on other thread. Don’t want to side line Akari’s coupon thread. Thanks!

#49260 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Hey guys! Yes, I’m on vacation lol

How the store accepts coupons is entirely up to them. The manufacturers set rules on the coupons, and the store can take or leave them, and may or not get paid back the face value of the coupon, plus shipping and handling, if they don’t follow the rules they set. When in doubt, just ask the store manager. Or the nicest highest-up person in the store…. LOL Usually just asking gets you want you want, rather than just assuming (or having no idea what you’re doing) and trying to do something you aren’t sure of. For some reason (with me anyways), when I have no plan of action, everything gets all screwed up at the register lol

That said, most stores will take multiples of the same coupon. If they won’t, a lot of times there is a coupon in the news paper to match a printable coupon (coupons.com, etc), which works out pretty good if you don’t want to make quite so many trips or transactions.

Store coupons (including ones printed from competitors websites and clipped from receipts), are usually limited to one like coupon per transaction, in my experience. Can’t usually double up on store and competitor coupons on the same item these days. But you can use a manufacturer coupons and a store (or competitor) coupon on one item if the store allows. Again, it’s up to the store. And the person checking you out at the time.

I do use Sheba. It’s not too bad. I’d say it’s an average, 3 star sort of food, because of the coloring. If it didn’t have the colors, it would be a great food. I only use the pates, and try to not get the gravy ones. The gravy ones always smell weird to me, and have a gray look to them, plus they have higher carbs. Cat eats the just fine, regardless, though. Of course, this is the same cat that knocks over the garbage can at least once a week, so I’m not sure how reputable his opinion is LOL

#49261 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Thank you, Akari. Your explanation wore me out. Lol! I asked politely and they told me just one politely. There was no limit listed so I thought it was probably just buy one and get one free, period. But, I thought I’d try. Yeah, I know Sheba isn’t terrific. But for the price it’s pretty darn good. There are plenty of others that cost a lot more and about the same quality. I never buy any with gravy or thick sauces either. It makes my senior kitty throw up. She does enough of that off and on as it is. Have a great vacation!

#49262 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Well ask and we shall receive an explanation from Akari!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Akari pop in when you get back. I have the ink cartridge info for you. I thought you were on vacation so I didn’t bother posting. Have fun and eat lots of junk food!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

#49331 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I hope I made sense enough to help you some lol I steer away from higher carbs because Alec seems to be prone to UTIs, which high carb diets don’t help with. The gravy foods also don’t have as high calories as the other types, and I’m all about bang for your buck, as you guys well know lol I did have to buy a few of the gravy Sheba, but oh well. Something different for him every now and then. He’s not picky, so I have to be picky for him :p

Thanks Bobby Dog! We did end up finding a pretty good deal on eBay. I’m interested in seeing how what you found stacks up to what I found. We got four extra large black carts and two of each colored carts for like $20, which is a darn good deal. Mom just put in a new HP extra large black cart, so it’ll be a while until I have a chance to try the new ones.

And don’t worry, I’m the queen of junk food! LOL

#49383 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

Petflow.com is offering 30% off Weruva products with code weruva30. Limited time!

#49946 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

For $1 per pound dog food, check PetFlow!

http://www.petflow.com/explorer?search=trial

And until tonight at 12, you can enter the code MYSTERY at check out, and pretty much pay for shipping ($4.85).

#49947 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

PetCo also currently has free shipping with no minimum, and they have some pretty good deals going on right now!

#49967 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Bought some LiveFree and Wysong too for this lady I babysit for (well, for her dog – she was on Kibbles N Yuck, but I hope that by Tuesday that crap will be finished and I am slowly transitioning her to a high-quality food).

And had gotten me some LiveFree and Wysong from the first time they did this sale! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the heads up though! ๐Ÿ™‚

#49971 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Thank you, Akari! I took advantage of the PetFlow special. Gonna try out the Wysong quail dog/cat food plus a few other goodies. Good deal!

#49984 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Good! I thought about it, but I don’t really want to jump from small bag to small bag for my old guys. They eat 3-5 cups combined anyways, and it just wouldn’t last long enough to know how it works for them, and I’m worried it would bother their old tummies switching around like that. I’d rather set them up on something that’ll last a least a few weeks. Maybe someday I’ll have a dog I can do that to lol

#49987 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi-
    Yeah, I don’t “jump” around either. I have two 80 pounders! I am planning on using them as treats in their kong or as toppers. I can feed the Wysong to my cats. I’m a sucker for those deals! I needed to order bullysticks anyway. Thanks, again.

#50004 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Akari and C4C,

I think if I had a larger dog, I would definitely only stick to 14-15lb bags or even the 24-30-40lb bags too. But for my little guy, it takes a MONTH to eat a 4-5lb bag, so switching around with small bags gives him ample time to be on a food before I change it. I did have 3 14-lb bags of Earthborn Holistic and those last him at least 3 months each… So I started splitting them in 2 and will be freezing the half I haven’t used yet to use later on, for added variety, and to be sure I use up all I have by the “Best by” date.

#50691 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Just a reminder, $5 off natural or specialized dry food coupon at PetSmart, good through the end of october. Its a good idea to print now and hold onto it for stacking because a lot of times they pull the links to these coupons before they expire.

http://pages.email-petsmart.com/coupons2014?g=6e33a451-2f8c-401b-b420-888b86bf1199&ab=foodcenter_coupon_dog

#50698 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

You’re awesome for reminding me of this! Can you say FREE WELLNESS????? >=D

#50699 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

What else are you stacking it with?

#50700 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

besides the $3 mfg coupon

#50701 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

The $5 manufacturer coupon >=3

#50703 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I got my 4 and 5 lb bags of Wysong and Live Free today from Pet Flow. I actually was wanting to try Wysong, anyway. Thanks, Akari!

#50709 Report Abuse
    Naturella

The lady I babysit for – I also kind of took over her dog too, and I have successfully switched the dog (Snowy, female, 4 y.o. Shitzu mix) off of Kibbles ‘N’ Crap (sorry, I keep misspelling that – “Bits”). Too bad she already has 3 bumps on her lower ribs, that may be fatty formations, or something else, but I hope for the lesser evil… :/

I weaned her off with the help of Nutro Max, Simply Nourish, Whole Earth Farms, and Earthborn Grain Free in samples over 2 weeks, and I ordered the family 3 LiveFrees and a Wysong and they came in Tuesday. Next week she can start on those (she still has some WEF and Earthborn to finish up over the weekend). I am pumped that I can now take advantage of deals and not break my husband’s ban on dog food for our Bruno, cause we’re stacked full, lol. Snowy is, however, set till the end of the year, so Black Friday sales is when I will shop for her next! ๐Ÿ˜‰

And, I still have some LiveFree Salmon and Wysong for Bruno from the first time they did the deal – the last I sneaked in before I really really stopped! ๐Ÿ™‚ I really really like the Wysong and so does Bru Bru (we begged for some samples and graciously got them). ๐Ÿ™‚

In fact… Here are the companies that have graciously sent me samples upon request:
    Annamaet – GF foods samples and a full-size bag of GF Manitok treats.
    Wysong – samples of foods and samples of treats.
    Canidae – a whole 4-lb bag of Canidae Pure Sea and a full-size bag of GF Bison treats.
    Nature’s Variety Instinct – a one-time voucher for a free product of your choice (includes 4lb bag of dry dog food or 5lb bag of dry cat food, and some canned/raw options).
    Nulo – coupons only.

I had also contacted TOTW, Farmina, Fromm, Merrick, Victor – those sent no samples, but rather stressed on their money-back guarantees (Merrick and Fromm), and TOTW said to get samples from local retailers, and Victor said to just buy samples on their website. Farmina never responded. The search continues though! ๐Ÿ™‚

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Naturella.
    #50727 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Oh wow! I’ll have to bother some companies for samples lol

I wish I could buy a bunch of random small bags of food. My guys are just too old to that to lol I do have Haley eating all Nutro one day and then half Nutro and half Evo the next day, because the Nutro isn’t high enough calorie to keep her weight up (this dog has the weirded metabolism for being 11 years old). 1/4 EVO seems to do the trick lol

That’s great of you that you are helping the family with a better diet for the dog. Did you show them all the chemicals and disgustingness in Kibbles n Bits compared to the new foods, and those chemicals do?

#50730 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Akari,

Yes, do email or facebook them. It pays off! And I really wanted to try those foods anyway, and all companies have been kind in their responses, plus the ones who actually sent me stuff have been extra kind. I will one day be purchasing their products normally (on sales, lol). And I will still ask for samples here and there, cause you never know who may send something. And as long as it’s completely free, hubby doesn’t mind! ๐Ÿ™‚

As for the family and the dog, I didn’t have much time to explain because as soon as the parents get home, the kids get all over them, so I just managed to talk about heavy grain use and artificial colors and chemicals, but not point anything specific out – they were quick to agree to let me transition their dog to a better food anyway. I think as long as I’m babysitting for them, I will also be taking care of the dog, but I have also left them a list of foods to choose from and rotate, as well as the online websites for deals and what not, for when I’m no longer babysitting for them. So yeah, I’m just happy to help another doggie – before she would always leave food in her bowl and be super slow to eat it, but now as soon as she gets her food, she noms it all up. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, and I also gave them a THK Perfect Form sample to use during the transition, so her tummy doesn’t get upset. ๐Ÿ™‚ so far so good. ๐Ÿ™‚

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Naturella.
    #50869 Report Abuse
    Naturella

You guys!!! New deal: http://petbrosia.com/landing_page/trial-offer-lp2fb4/?utm_source=AdRoll&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=retargeting

I hate their awesome marketing that reached me, and how now I want to order the dang food, CAUSE IT IS FREE (well, except for the $5-shipping, but still!)… Le sigh…

#50892 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

AUUUUUGH!!! You big poopy head! I totally had to get one lol Should get it in a few days lol For 5 bucks, why not? :p

#50901 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Akari, yay, so glad you could get some!!! Hope others can take advantage of the deal too! ๐Ÿ˜‰

#50913 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

This is all your fault lol I have an active puppy salmon one coming, corn, wheat, and soy free. I was tempted to tell it no potatoes, too, but I don’t think they’ve ever been on lentils before, so why give them such a small bag of something they’ve never had before, you know? They’re both used to salmon and white and sweet potatoes, so that’ll be fine lol

#50923 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Tee hee! I’m glad to be at fault for saving people money! Lol ๐Ÿ™‚

And yeah, it is pretty customizable. Let me know how it works out for you! Who will you feed it to? Haley and Dweezle or just Haley?

And I really thought a lot about ordering some, BUT, I have plenty, plus I am saving for this semester’s textbooks and Bruno’s annual shots and stuff, so it was a wise decision to pass on it this time. ๐Ÿ™‚

#50924 Report Abuse
    Dori

Hi Naturella. What do you know about
    Petbrosia? I can’t find any reviews on it other than their own web site. Thx

Hey! How’s Bruno doing? Good I hope.

#50925 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Probably just Haley. Won’t last her long. Either that or I’ll just dump it into the garbage can with all their other food and mix it in lol

#50926 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Dori,

I think Petbrosia is fairly new, I should probably shoot Dr. Mike an email request to review it eventually (I’m sure he’s swamped with those). And it may be hard because it seems to be “customizeable”, so he’d have to explore multiple options to see the recipes. So yeah, I don’t know too much about it, just saw a good deal I had to pass along! ๐Ÿ™‚

Bruno is well, happy, healthy, active, and a bit itchy while he was on his Earthborn Primitive Natural, but I am starting the switch today to Holistic Health Extension Lamb and Brown Rice and we’ll see how it goes with him. Other than that all good over here. He actually trimmed down a bit over the summer and grew some visible muscle! He’s my mini “sport dog” a.k.a. “muscle pup”! ๐Ÿ™‚ How are your 3 ladies?

And btw, I know you live in GA and in one of your posts you said that where you live you’re not allowed to have more than 3 dogs in the house at a time – do you know if this is state-wide, or a neighborhood/city/county regulation?

#50927 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Akari, I see, yeah, doubt 3lbs would have lasted any of yours too long, except for maybe Bentley, but he is on raw now, so no Petbrosia for him. ๐Ÿ™‚

#50928 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

It’ll last a week or so half and half with another food.

Here’s some natural balance coupons for those who use it

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/1C585474-B262-434C-B5AC-1D98145CD845_zpsfi1b0wyg.png

#50933 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hey Naturella:
    I am in the same boat you are, textbook time. Plus I have alot of canned, raw, and kibble in stock for Bobby too. I was able to control my compulsive pet food shopping for once. I did bookmark the page because I do want to have a look at the company, thanks for posting!

I love the nickname “muscle pup.” I used to call my JRT my “long/short dog.” lol She was a short legged, very muscular dog and people often thought she was a male. lol ๐Ÿ˜‰

#50934 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Bobby dog,

I feel your struggle – I am proud to have controlled myself though! ๐Ÿ™‚ I do hope that there will be more sales to take advantage of later on though! ๐Ÿ™‚

And yes, Bruno is pretty long torso-wise too! IDK if it is a terrier thing or not – he definitely has the short JR leggies – actually, I think they are in between the real short JR legs and the longer Rat Terrier ones, but they are still on the shorter side. I do like that he is lean and muscular though – it’s that daily mad running and ball chasing, lol, plus the good food he eats. His ribs are easily felt and also seen on the bottom toward his chest and his leg and shoulder muscle definition is enviable, lol! I want his figure! lol. Gotta work for it though, I guess….

#50935 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Akari:
    Thanks for the heads up on the Natural Balance coupons, just downloaded mine. A few of my cats like the canned. I’ll see if the rescue by my house wants the food coupons.

#50937 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Maybe we should start chasing balls??????? ๐Ÿ˜‰ I used to call my JRT my little “muscle car” too. I love a short legged dog!

#50941 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Bobby Dog – we probably should! And just sleep when we’re not playing, eat yummy balanced food, and be free, loved, and groomed. Ahh, the life… ๐Ÿ˜‰

#50944 Report Abuse
    Dori

Hey Alexandra. As far as I know three dogs is the limit in Cobb and Fulton counties. I think you’re in Cobb County as am I. I used to live in Fulton Cty. I jumped on the Petbrosia site as soon as I saw your post today and had everything in the cart (I’m a dog food junkie as are most of us here) and then decided……..Whoa there! Stop! Do I even know anything about this food. So I jumped back on DFA to see if you or anyone knows anything about this food. I tried calling them today but I just got a recording to leave my name, number and a message. I didn’t bother. Like you and everyone else…..who doesn’t like a deal?

It would be great if you could get DFA to review the food. Thanks for the heads up.

Also, I put all the info separately for my three dogs, different ages, different requirements, different intolerances, etc. etc. it all three came up with the same exact formulas for food so I was a little leary (sp?) about that part. Did you try putting all the info in and see what they recommended for you?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Dori.
Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 655 total)
  • The topic ‘Coupons!’ is closed to new replies.