🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 655 total)
  • Author
    Akari_32
    Participant

Good job! I wish I’d have gotten to go over to PetCo while they were doing their big clearance event πŸ™ Oh well, I’m pretty happy with my deals right now πŸ™‚

Now heres a super awesome deal for you guys!

I used my $5 Natural/Specialty Foods PetSmart coupons at Pet Supermarket tonight. I got 4 more bags of Nutro (I should now be getting a coupon for a free bag in the mail here in a month or so for buying 10 bags in less than a year!) for $2.65 each, but I also got 4x 2lb bags of Wellness Toy Complete Health for a whole whopping $0.50!!!!!!!!! Awwwww yeah! And I technically got them all for -$0.04, but since this store adds tax to the total after coupons, and you can’t have tax on a negative transaction, I had to get a little $0.50 treat to bring my total up out of the negative. So it was $0.46 cents, and then $0.04 tax, for all four bags. You can bet I’ll be doing that again πŸ˜‰

Heres the break down of that:

4x Wellness Complete Health Toy 2lb bag: on sale for $5.99 a bag (regular price $8.99)
    4x $5 off any size bag of Natural or Specialty Food (Specific brands listed) PetSmart Coupon
    1x $4 off $20 purchase Pet Supermarket coupon
    1x $0.50 bakery style gourmet doggie treat
    Total Before tax and coupons: $24.46
    Total after tax and coupons: $0.50
    Total Savings: $36.00!!!!!

[URL=http://s765.photobucket.com/user/Akari53/media/0C60E2B0-47F9-4E49-887B-416DB2C6901D_zpsrbuuepct.jpg.html][IMG]http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/0C60E2B0-47F9-4E49-887B-416DB2C6901D_zpsrbuuepct.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I need to pick up four more bags tomorrow, and then I’ll be getting a coupon in the mail for a free bag of that, as well πŸ™‚

Somebody’s gotta top me on that lol

#45489 Report Abuse
    Zach M

Dang Akari! I just have a question. Where do you guys get all these coupons?

#45490 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Gotta look for ’em!

Coupons.com
    PrintableCouponsAndDeals.com
    Petco.com/Coupons
    PetSmart.com
    WellnessPetFood.com

The list goes on. You really have to keep an eye out. Its like a full time job. You also need to sign up for any rewards programs at stores around you. Pet Supermarket offers a free bag of equal or lesser value when you buy 10 bags of the same brand, any size, any flavor. So if you buy a three 30 lb bags, two 15 lb bags and five 5 lb bags, you’ll get a coupon for a free bag of the cheapest bag you bought.

Looks like PetSmart already took their $5 coupon down from the website, but I saved it and made it up for easy printing, so I’ll share πŸ™‚ Its good for a few more days.

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/Screenshot2014-06-10at52454PM_zps035686dd.png

Just realized I put the wrong link to the picture above lol This should work better

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/0C60E2B0-47F9-4E49-887B-416DB2C6901D_zpsrbuuepct.jpg

#45765 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Pet Supplies Plus is offering a discount for Preferred Pet Club members now through July 23 on Nutro Natural Choice dog food (excludes Ultra), $12 off 14 to 15# bags.

#45766 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

That said, Pet Supermarket, PetFlow and Chewy are having similar deals. I wonder if Nutro is getting ready to roll out some new food?

#45769 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Interesting, you never know. I have never fed it before and before I posted the deal I looked it up. I didn’t realize how many recipes they have; even a limited ingredient recipe.

#45825 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Looks like this *is* a Nutro thing. I got an email yesterday from them advertising $10 off in store. So any chain that sells Nutro should have the 14-15lb bags of Natural Choice $10 off.

They aren’t too bad. I pick out the better of the cheaper ones. The green bag in the puppy formula is all I’ve used so far, and Haley, who does terrible on low quality foods, does really well on it. I think it’s lamb and rice. You have to watch, though, because some are rated very poorly. They’re all rated on the review side.

*edit*

this one:

http://www.petsupermarket.com/products/petsupermarket/pid-791020100.aspx?pn=nutro%20natural%20choice%20adult%20lamb%20meal%20&%20rice%20dog%20food

I also have the Wholesome Essentials Puppy, which is what I got for my Nutro deal. And a few bags of the WE Young Adult because they ran out of the puppy one, but I slowed my buying down until they got the Puppy back in because the amount Adult doesn’t rate very well.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by Akari_32.
    #45830 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi All-
    Just thought I’d give an update on cat litter. Exciting, huh? I absolutely love the World’s Best Cat Litter! There is no dust and it has great odor control. I think it is the first time that I’ve used non clay type litter. It is twice as expensive, however, than the litters that I’ve been using. But, thanks to Sharon’s (I think it was Sharon, anyway) Penny Wise Paws link, I have been getting $3.00 off coupons to help. Thanks!

#45835 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Worlds Best Cat Litter I have found is much better than BB. I really hate the BB. You’re right, the Pennywise Paws link was me, I think that is a really awesome site.

#45838 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Akari: I definitely can’t beat you on that deal!! I don’t have a Pet Supermarket here, we have some local/regional chains, several local boutique pet supply stores, a Petco, and then the Petsmart is actually a 20-30 minute ride down the turnpike so I don’t go down there very often.

#45839 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Bobby’s mom… I found the website for the toy, I didn’t realize it is in actuality called a screaming chimpanzee dog toy but it is, (nothing could describe it better) so it was easy to find with a google search…lol…. If you scroll halfway down the page you can play the noise it makes to hear it. Rudi LOVES it.
    http://www.dogtoys.com/look-whos-talking-chimp-dog-toy.html

#45841 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Oh, my! Very cute. My dogs would eat that poor screaming chimpanzee in about 10 minutes or less! They are very naughty. I’m jealous of others whose dogs just carry around cute fuzzy things.

#45848 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I looooooooooooooove the screaming monkey!!!! :O I bookmarked it, I am thinking Christmas gift for Bobby. Bobby is very hard on toys, but I think he has some kind of hunting dog (maybe bird dog?) in him and loves to carry things around and he points. Not to mention his obsession with birds. My favorite toy that I got for him the first day I brought him home, which only lasted two weeks, was Mr. Bill because it cracked me up when it talked. He went nuts when he heard the monkey scream on my computer. lol

I forgot about the pennywise site. I bookmarked it, but forgot to check it out.

#45851 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I haven’t totally checked out the pennywise site either. I just saw the WBL coupon right away and “clipped” it. I need to investigate further. And back to the toys, my dogs not only chews them up, they also swallow them. Hence, the several trips to the vet! So far so good. Nothing has got completely stuck. I’m still waiting to see if whatever tore up Buhner’s throat will be coming out the back end soon. He ate fairly normally this morning. Hooray, I didn’t have to hand feed him in little tiny portions.

#45854 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

C4c:
    Glad your guy is doing okay and he’s eating well! I hate spending my day worrying about the unknown. πŸ˜‰

#45876 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

I am so glad he is feeling better C4C….it is so gross to have to be on the lookout for dogs passing inedible objects though. ….. dogs….

Rudi does tear the stuffing out of his toys but he is still a little baby so it takes him longer. He will be 5 months on the 14th

#45877 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

He is smart though, when I tell him to go get his monkey, he will go looking for it in the other room and I know he has found it when I hear it start to scream. Half the time he brings it to me…lol

#45924 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for my bad pup! He got spoiled while he was feeling bad and won’t go in his kennel now. We didn’t make him go in it at night and we stayed down stairs with him. We started a bad habit. My husband hurt his back trying to get him in it last night. You’re right Sharon…. dogs!

#45960 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I know Akari has discussed how she stacks coupons with us. I recently subscribed to Pennywise Paws (thanks Sharon!) and found this article about couponing at Petco. It discusses certain times when you can find coupons/sales, where to look, along with FAQ’s about Internet sales/prices and other things.

http://www.pennywisepaws.com/how-to-coupon-at-petco/

C4c:
    They still have the $3 WBL coupon on coupons.com.

Gotta make some food for tomorrow, happy 4th if I don’t pop in later!! πŸ™‚

#45962 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Bobby dog-
    Hee Hee, I just printed it! Will be picking some up after work. Yes, I need a little help with the stacking coupons thing. I’m kind of a rookie. Thanks! Happy 4th to you too!

#46024 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

I decided that I love WB cat litter, so I just ordered a 28lb bag from chewy. It was $22.99 which is a better deal then I can find locally, even with the $3.00 off coupon. Like a much better deal, so I ordered it, and then I don’t have to pay sales tax or lug it home. I also added in a case of Natures Variety LID turkey cat food for $24.00 which I shouldn’t have ordered really, its too expensive, but I have been liking feeding my cats the Nature’s Variety, its the best food I have found that they will eat (unlike nature’s logic)

#46028 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Coincidentally, I picked up some WB litter today with my $3 coupon. It is really expensive. I’ll check out Chewy. And…I ordered some NVI from Petco! It’s the only premium food mine like also. I ordered duck. They’ll probably change their kind now that I’ve ordered a case!

#46090 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Its always when you buy a case, or commit to a larger purchase to stock up that they stick their noses up to it! Works every time! (Except my cats now are kind of piggies, and they aren’t very picky as far as cats go) I have used the HALO whitefish pate before and the cats have really liked it so after I went through a case of chicken, I ordered a case of 12 of the Whitefish a month or so ago, because all the other cases of food I got had chicken in them and the price was decent. Well, let me tell you, I don’t know if the smell has changed, or if I am just more sensitive to it but it smells so bad that I can’t stand to feed it, it makes my apt smell sooo fishy and gross. The last case of Wellness Turkey/Salmon I got a few months ago was particularly stinky too, more then I remember that variety usually being but the Halo was extra bad. I don’t have that problem with the NV Salmon, which came in the variety packs I ordered. My cats really like the turkey wellness, and that one actually smells good but I just feel like if I can avoid feeding carraggenan (sp?) I probably should, especially with one that’s pretty prone to diarrhea

#46091 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

the good thing about cat food cans is that they don’t go bad or expire quickly, so you can just hang on to them if they get sick of it, and work it into a rotation over time. Thats what I do.

#46230 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

I just had my puppy out for a walk and he lifted his leg for the first time. LOL. I was pretty excited to witness a developmental milestone and I felt like this is the only place I could share that and be understoon. LOL. He will be 5 months old on the 14th.

#46232 Report Abuse
    LabsRawesome

When my Dachshund puppy started lifting his leg to mark outside, he also started doing it inside the house as well. So I had him neutered. That stopped the marking in the house. Hopefully you don’t have that problem. πŸ˜€

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by LabsRawesome.
    #46235 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Often, house training goes out the window for a while once they start lifting their leg. If you want to keep a dog intact, you have to reinforce potty training lessons, crating, tethering, confining, etc. until you are sure they got the message. I have always been glad mine waited until they were older and I was ready to neuter anyway. Gideon is 1 yr and 1 month older than Micah and he started lifting his leg the same day Micah started when Micah was 8 months old. Gideon was neutered too young, so he only started lifting because the young upstart did.

#46243 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

THANK YOU for the heads up on this, we will have to see if he starts lifting his leg on a regular basis now, and I sure hope he doesn’t mark inside the house. Planning to have him neutered at around 6 months.

#46254 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Congrats Sharon! Bobby was over two years old when he finally lifted his leg. Sometimes I wish he never decided to, the other day he peed on the sweet poatoes in the garden. lol

#46260 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

The last time I took him out he squatted to pee, no leg lifting so we will see.

#46263 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Awwwww! Bobby never squatted, he would just stand and lower his back end a little. Sometimes he still does this if he doesn’t find something to go on. lol I always assumed the standing position style was from his shelter days and being kept in a confined area. IDK

#46264 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Coupon alert!

Target has coupons for the new Purina One Beyond! They look pretty good, too πŸ™‚

http://coupons.target.com/pets-coupons

#46266 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Great, another store that is not near me!!!! πŸ™ I keep looking for the canned cat food because I am sure my Friskies kitties will like it, can’t find it at any of the stores I shop at. Another sad face… πŸ™

#46270 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

HaHaHa!! Some male dogs do that their entire lives. They squat to pee to empty a full bladder, but leg lift to mark. They really are two different things.

Bobby Dog, that is a squat for a male.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by theBCnut.
    #46274 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi All-
    My dogs still mostly squat to pee. Probably because they were neutered pretty young. They will be three on Thursday. But, they do lift a leg now and then when we are out on a walk. Like BC said, probably to mark. We like you, Sharon, feel so proud when they do that. We’re like, “that’s our boy!” πŸ™‚

#46275 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Oh, when I read squat I was thinking “female” squat, if there is such a description. Hopefully he will only squat around the garden in the future and not feel the urge to mark the sweet potatoes anymore. lol :O

#46635 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I found a few discounts and sales to share with everyone.

Petsmart is having a 30% off storewide and online sale and an additional 15% off (through 7/13/14) on select items ordered on-line. I also found this discount code last night from the Krazy Coupon Lady. You can get an extra $20 off select Innova dry cat or dog food on top of the 30% storewide and online sale:
    http://thekrazycouponlady.com/2014/07/10/hot-extra-20-innova-dry-cat-dog-food-petsmart21604/

Petco.com is offering free shipping with no minimum which expires 7/12/14. They are also having a 10 – 15% off sale on a several brands of pet food.

#46649 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Oh wow! I wish I had some room for dog food! And money…. Lol

#46650 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

πŸ˜‰

#46818 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Ohh man! When I went to use the Innova coupon code it didn’t work. I must have missed it.

#46824 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Awwwww…:( I got 3 12# bags of Innova GF dry cat food for $36.87 and one small bag of Simply Nourish GF dry cat food to try for $6.79. Still got free shipping too, don’t know how that happened.

#46847 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

what an amazing deal!!! That would be about 2 years worth of cat kibble for me…lol. Then again I only have 2.

#46852 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

This will last me a while and not to mention the price. So glad I stumbled onto that deal. Now I only have to buy a few smaller bags of other brands to rotate in. They must have only allowed so many of those discounts to be used. πŸ™

#46855 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Great deal, Bobby dog! That should last you a while. Wow! Well, I am off to church, then Pet Smart with my whopping $3 off coupon for some Authority canned cat food. Woo Hoo!

#46859 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

They are having a 30% storewide sale, you better tap MAC!!! πŸ˜‰

#47057 Report Abuse
    Anita L

Bobby-dog told me about this thread. Here’s my couponing for today: HTHs someone.

Hello my friends!
    I’m pretty sure this is a good deal so I wanted to share. Not sure if there is a place for this kind of post. (if so, let me know so I’ll know for next time).
    as seen on: http://www.southernsavers.com/2014/07/petsmart-b1g1-30-5-30-10-60-15-70/
    PETSMART is running a great sale right now. They have select products up to 30% off thanks to their β€œBIGGEST SALE OF THE YEARβ€œ.
    Along with that sale, there is a promo code that is buy one product and get the next one 30% off. The code is β€œGET30714β€œ. This deal can be applied to the already on sale items!
    On top of all this you get $5 off a $30 purchase, $10 off a $60 purchase, or $15 off a $70 purchase.
    Shipping is FREE your order is over $49 or you can opt for in store pick up! The sale ends 7/20.
    πŸ™‚
    After I order 1 bag of food, I qualified for free shipping so I was excited. Plus I needed a couple more things and found deals. Now I don’t have to go to the store!
    Good Luck and happy shopping! πŸ™‚

#47060 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Petflow has a sale on Dogswell LiveFree, $3.99 for 4-lb bags. And Wysong Quail, 5-lb bag for $4.99! πŸ™‚ I got 1 Dogswell LiveFree Salmon and one Wysong Quail. πŸ™‚ Just could not pass on 9 lbs food for $9! And my friend and I placed an order together so that we make the minimum $15 order amount. πŸ™‚

#47108 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

Petsmart has Castor and Pollux canned food 50% off, good food, great deal!

#47244 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Hey, all!

Well, Photobucket seems to hate me tonight so I will have to just write out the picture of Bruno’s 2014-2015 Menu, all gotten through coupons!

Starting Point – Mid-July, 2014.

1. Earthborn Holistic (EBH) Primitive Natural (Grain-Free, Chicken) – 14 lbs – 3 mths – till mid-Oct, 2014 – got for $20 with Petland coupon for $10 off $25+.
    2. Back to Basics (B2B) Open Range (Grain-Free, Red Meat) + 3 samples of Victor Joint Health (Grain-Free, Beef) + 3 samples of Victor High Pro (Grain Free, Beef) – 5 lbs – 1.5 mths – till end of Nov, 2014 – got for $13 with manufacturer coupon for $7 off.
    3. Holistic Health Extension (HHE) Lamb and Brown Rice (Grain-Inclusive, Lamb) – 4 lbs – 1 mth – till end of Dec, 2014 – got for FREE with Petland coupon for a free small bag of that brand.
    4. Dogswell LiveFree Salmon (Grain-Free, Salmon/Fish) – 4 lbs – 1 mth – till end of Jan, 2015 – got for $4 on Petflow sale.
    5. HHE Allergix (Grain-Free, Chicken) – 4 lbs – 1 mth – till end of Feb, 2015 – got for FREE with Petland coupon for a free small bag of that brand.
    6. EBH Great Plains Feast (Grain-Free, Buffalo+Lamb) – 14 lbs – 3 mths – till end of May, 2015 – got for $20 with Petland coupon for $10 off $25+.
    7. Wysong Nurture with Quail (Grain-Free, Quail) – 5 lbs – 1 mth – till end of June, 2015 – got for $5 on Petflow sale.
    8. Nature’s Variety Instinct (NVI) Rabbit+Raw Bites (Grain-Free, Rabbit) + 1.5 lbs of Victor Ultra Pro (Grain-Free, Chicken) – 6.5 lbs – 1.5 mths – till mid-July, 2015 – NVI for FREE with manufacturer one-time coupon; Victor Ultra Pro is from samples and 1lb from a friend – all FREE.

PLUS: The Honest Kitchen (THK) Force (Grain-Free, Chicken); Keen (Grain-Inclusive, Turkey), Love (Grain-Free, Beef), and Embark (Grain-Free, Turkey) as toppers – 2-lb boxes of each for $4 each on sale from Petflow – should last till mid-July, 2015 too BECAUSE one box makes 6-8 lbs of wet food and dilute it lots so I will say that THK’s 8 lbs of dehydrated food will make 32 lbs of wet food. That’s $16 ($20 with shipping) for 32 lbs of food!

Total food weight: Kibble – 56.5 lbs. THK – 32 lbs. Total – 88.5lbs.
    Total spending (with $5 shipping from Petflow for the THK): $82.00.

This makes all the foods an average of $0.93/lb. I’m quite happy with it cause for less than $100, it is all pretty good foods, and Bruno is set for a YEAR. πŸ™‚

Not to mention the multitude of free samples he has that we use as treats and the $60 box from Best Bully Sticks that is full of dehydrated goods that should last him quite a while too, maybe a year if I’m lucky. So yeah. $142. Great local stores that give coupons and free samples. Great friends and good manufacturer deals – I think $142 for a year’s worth of food, chews, and treats for a small dog is pretty good. πŸ™‚

Good luck to all with your couponing endeavors! πŸ™‚

#47457 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Good job! I did some couponing today for dry cat food at Pet Supermarket. I don’t use dry, so I took them to the Humane Society. They were very happy when I came in with three bags of food :3

1x 2lb bag of Hills Ideal Balance Grain Free cat food – on sale for $9.97
    1x gourmet treat – 50 cents
    1x $5 off any size dog or cat Hills Ideal Balance dry food manufacturer coupon (PetCo keeps these at the door with their fliers as you walk in)
    1x $5 off any size cat Hills Ideal Balance dry or canned case Pet Supermarket coupon
    Total after tax and coupons: $0.86 each transaction, and I bought three bags.
    Total for all three bags and three treats: $2.58

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 655 total)
  • The topic ‘Coupons!’ is closed to new replies.