🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

#161289 Report Abuse
Taylor C
Participant

Her sneezing started about a month and a half to two months ago so around the beginning of July. I thought maybe it could be due to allergies as I live in western Canada and our summer doesn’t really start until then but the unilateral discharge and the colour of it worries me. Nothing has changed in the house, I don’t smoke or vape and I live alone so she’s never around anything like that. As soon as her symptoms started I washed her bedding and made sure her crate was vacuumed and nothing has changed. I’ve also tried using benadryll and natural allergy drops, they made a VERY minute difference in discharge and sneezing but not enough to consider her condition to be allergies.
I was also very frustrated that they did not suggest doing a CT in the first place as I’ve already spent over $3000 on her in the last month and a half and I am a bartender (who doesn’t make very much) and I haven’t worked in the last 4.5 months due to COVID.
I’m in the process of booking her CT scan right now for hopefully this weekend so I’ll let you know what they find.
Part of me has a feeling that it’s going to be the worst case scenario, cancer … but the other part of me has hopes that it’s maybe something treatable as she’s still her normal, loveable self.
Cross your fingers for me that she’s okay, I don’t know what I would do without her 🙁