🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 364 total)
  • Author
    Dog_Obsessed

Okay, thanks. Lily does not have issues with fat level as far as I know.

#58637 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Hey, all! With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, I figured I would drop a little note to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all who will be celebrating tomorrow. Please enjoy a family-friend-food-filled day and I hope it will be a great day for you all! I am personally thankful, among other things, for Dr. Mike creating this amazing blog and forum for us to meet and exchange knowledge and experience. It is a wonderful gift to the dog-lover society and I am happy Google directed me to this site. 🙂

We will be going to Brian’s parents’ house and it will be a smaller celebration this year as his aunts and their families are out of state at the Florida aunt’s house. So it will be just Brian, Bruno, me, my cousin, Brian’s parents and sister, and her baby boy. I have pleaded for the turkey neck to be saved for Bru to enjoy as his special Thanksgiving meal. If it seems too big, I will only give him half.

Also, if you are going Black Friday shopping, good luck getting them deals, but just take a moment to consider, if you can, the people who have sacrificed their time with family so that they can serve the deal-hunters. I will personally be participating in Cyber Monday only, looking for, among all things – dog food. Yes, as usual. LoL. For Snowy though, not for Bruno.

#58640 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Happy Thankgiving Everyone! Take a moment out of your day to remember what you are thankful for, and to whom gratitude is due.

#58648 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Naturella, I hope everything is all worked out with your mom and family 🙂

I will be shopping only for pet food and litter friday. I’ve also printed out some extra coupons to share some holiday cheer with other shoppers. I don’t need any human things, I just want to be able to feed my babies and spend time with my family. I haven’t even asked for anything for christmas, and treated mom to a big family dinner at Red Lobster for her birthday last weekend. I have them, and that’s all I need! :3

#58650 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Akari,

Well, Dori was right – my Mom at least wouldn’t stop talking to me. I have been slightly sick since last week (a virus, nothing serious, just my throat was killing me), and she went into Mama Bear mode, telling me how to take care of myself, and that she loves me and what not (she had stopped saying those things since I broke the news of the marriage to her). Dad still won’t talk to me, but he can be a tough cookie, like me, so it’s okay. I will get to him too eventually. Gramps just entered hospital today, just for a checkup, so I should be telling her about it after she’s out. So yeah, Mom is back at being normal, lovey-dovey, but she is a little overboard as usual… Anyway, that’s better than being upset, I guess, so I’ll take it.

And awwwwwwwwh, look at you, Akari, being all lovey-dovey too! You are such a great daughter! 🙂

#58651 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Awww, I’m glad she’s back to her old self toward you :3 Hope everything goes well with your grandpa!

Haha, I try lol

Hey, check your email! I’m curious to see if that coupon will work for you that way… Let me know!

#58653 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Naturella: my son is a manager at Staples. He has to go in at 5 pm one Thanksgiving til 10pm. Drive 40 min home & be back to work at 5am.

I wish everyone would just f’n stay home on Thanksgiving so people wouldn’t have to work.

#58654 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I agree, Marie! I hate even shopping the day before, but I had to go the store twice for a couple extra things my grandma needed :/ I refuse to start shopping until Friday morning. None of that stupid 6 pm Thursday night crap! Thats ridiculous.

#58655 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Akari, it worked via email! Thank you, you’re amazing, I’m snatching up a few of them suckers!!! 😀

Marie, Brian works at Kohl’s. He is working till midnight tonight, then at 5.00am Friday morning till 3.00pm. At least he’s not in there since 6.00pm on Thursday, which I also think is insane… I mean, seriously?! Last year it was 12.00am on Friday. This year it’s 6.00pm Thursday… Will it be 12.00pm Thursday next year? Or maybe straight up move Black Friday to Wednesday, that may work… Sorry, rant over.

#58656 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Glad it worked! I wish I could find it online again. No idea where it came from… LOL I wonder if I saw it on facebook and snatched it up before I forgot about it. I was on my phone at the time, so I had to email it to myself. Its the only reason I even have it now lol I’ll check Facebook. I really want all the other DFA people to have a shot at it!

Too bad Brian has to work 🙁 My friend is going crazy because its her first thanksgiving off since she started working 5 years ago lol (remember, we’re just 21 year old babies :p).

#58657 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I have so much to be thankful for, whenever my problems seem overwhelming I remind my self that at least I have food on my plate each day, and Lily has good food in her bowl, and that I have a computer, and that I’m not dying from Ebola…Oh great, now I sound like an annoyed mother trying to get a two-year-old to eat his oatmeal. 😛

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Dog_Obsessed.
    #58662 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

LMAO!! My kids probably think I’m sappy when I start reminding them of all the little things they have to be thankful for. At least I know they get how important family is, and we do have a LOT of family, but we all look out for each other.

#58702 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

for those of us who have to work or family members have to work, I’m really sorry. I wish everyone would think of the people who have to work so they can save money.

#58704 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Happy Thanksgiving! 🙂

#58708 Report Abuse
    jakes mom

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I agree with the comments about people working on the holiday. I’m a lab tech (working Christmas this year) but knew what I was getting into as far as working holidays and weekends. Not the same for retail. Plus I don’t have to deal with all the crazy people. I’m off today but you won’t find me anywhere near the mall! Off to the park with Jake if the snow stops!

#58711 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Jakes Mom, where are you located? I’m in NH & my town got almost a foot & half of snow!

#58712 Report Abuse
    jakes mom

I know, Marie, I’ve been watching the weather on the east coast! I grew up in RI but now in Ohio. My brother and his family are in RI so I keep track of the weather there. My other brother is in Florida, I’m jealous, I really am NOT a fan of snow.

#58713 Report Abuse
    Cotons mom

I agree with everyone. Please have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving.

#58715 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I live in California, a part where it doesn’t snow. I actually like snow quite a bit, this might be the only place in the nation where the term “go to the snow” is wildly used. What Cali really needs right now is rain though, as anyone who has listened to any climate news in the past year probably knows.

#58736 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

When I was growing up, we went to the snow about 4 times a year, San Bernadino to be exact. The coldest I ever was in my whole life was when we went to the high desert for Easter one year, brrrr.

#58743 Report Abuse
    jakes mom

BCNut, that’s funny, I was born in San Bernadino. Moved to RI when I was a baby.

#58745 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I was born in L A. We moved to FL when I was 13, so I’ve been here for quit a while now.

#58747 Report Abuse
    jakes mom

I’m hoping to retire to Fla near my brother and his family. Really would be happy to never see snow again. Will learn to love the heat and humidity lol.

#58753 Report Abuse
    Dori

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving. I’m happy to say that I have never been out on Black Friday or Christmas Day for any reason whatsoever. I remember the days when everything was closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day and New Years Day. Nothing, nada. Couldn’t even get gas. Maybe one odd station would be open but you wouldn’t have gas to get to it. Ahhhhhhhh! Those were the crazy days of youth when we road around on fumes. HAHAHA! Musta been……….well……..something or other.

When I was about 8 or 9 we moved to LA for NYC where I was born. We used to drive to the San Bernardino Mtns. to see the snow we missed it so much. We moved back east when I was about 17 and, of course, then we all missed the year round sun of LA. Glad BC that you mentioned San Bernardino and going to see the snow. It brought up many fond memories. As I’m typing this on Thanksgiving as I was about to say if we’re here we want to be there and if we’re there we want to be here or elsewhere but actually this being Thanksgiving I will be grateful for my human and furry family and friends and appreciate exactly where I am. Tomorrow I’m sure I’ll feel differently about now living in Atlanta and wishing I could be playing in the snow but not today. Today I am thankful. : )

#58755 Report Abuse
    Kristin C

We live in CT but are vacationing in FL this Thanksgiving. We drove 26 hours here with our 2 dogs. Never leave home without them!

#58757 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I could live elsewhere, but I’m happy to live here, with my dogs, cats, guinea pig, parrots, chickens, horses, goats, and whatever else I can’t remember now.

#58758 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I’m glad your still thankful for your goats, you have the right not to be after what happened this week. 😛

#58762 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I can’t blame the goat for running in to me, since I’m the one that brought the “wolf” out to herd them. But I do like the story about the ninja moves better, and being in an MMA cage fight just sounds so much more impressive than the goat cut around behind me and knocked me over.

#58767 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I always like to spice up injury stories to make them seem more exiting. Which dog qualifies as the “wolf?”

#58769 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Micah. We’re working on that, but one of my goats needs a wolf to convince her to behave, unfortunately, the others don’t.

#58771 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I was hoping it’d be Angel, I’ve known a few little “wolf” dogs. 😀

#58775 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

My cats hunt Angel!! She lives in fear. She really isn’t a typical JRT most of the time. We were working on our herding skills. Micah tends to push them to fast and too hard and he was true to form that day. I worked him again last night and he may be starting to understand that he needs to slow down, or he might have been tired. Time will tell.

#58779 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Lily likes to chase squirrels rom far away, but recently she revealed her weakness; she is secretly afraid of squirrels up close.

#58780 Report Abuse
    Naturella

This is so funny! Bruno has some super strong chase instincts but he has no idea what to do with what he’s chasing once he’s got it cornered or close enough. He just wants to play chase with it it seems.

#58783 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

My first dog caught the squirrel’s tail and pulled the end of it off and started to run away with her prize when the squirrel came after her and bit her tail. That took forever to heal.

Where I live now was burned out in a wild fire back in 1998 and all the squirrels were killed. In just the last couple years, we have started to have squirrels move back into the neighborhood.

#58784 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Hey guys! Shopping went great today! My uncle gave me $100 to spend, which I was very happy for. I can feed my babies and not have to worry about spending money I didn’t even have to begin with– and I still have like $40 left! Yay! :3 I’ll post my haul in the coupon thread in the Off Topic part of the forum in a bit 🙂

#58787 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I just thought a few of you would enjoy this blog
    http://farmfreshforensics.com/home

#58974 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I got Lily a new rain coat today. I’m going to try to post a picture:

http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/Dog_Obsessed/media/IMG_0783_zps191d2bc0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2</img&gt;

Edit: Didn’t work, going to try to find an existing topic about it.

Edit2: I give up. Can someone please tell me how to post a photo? I have photobucket, but how do I imbed it?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Dog_Obsessed.
    #58978 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I can’t tell you how to post/imbed a picture, but I could see your pic by clicking on the link. I like the coat!

#58979 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

That’s adorable! 😉

I know other posters know how to do it, but I definitely know Akari can help if you can track her down. Try posting that question on one of the threads she started.

#58980 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Thanks! She’s not a huge fan of it, but she seemed to tolerate it enough to wear it for 3 minutes without taking it off like a bucking bronco. 🙂

#58983 Report Abuse
    Dori

Akari’s your best bet on how to post pics through photo bucket. I’ve never been able to figure it out.

Coat is cute. Lily, of course, looks adorable in it. Has Lily worn coats before? If not, the best way to get her used to it is just put it on her and take her for a walk. She’ll forget she even has it on.

#58984 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I asked Akari on the Coupons thread, thanks guys! Lily has never worn a coat in the time I’ve had her, no idea about the first three years of her life. I’ll try taking a walk with it on next time it rains, which should be soon because it has poured and is supposed to pour more. It has these weird leg straps that do not look comfortable, so I might just not use them. The coat will still work.

#58985 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

You have to copy and paste the direct link option for the picture to get it to show up here.

#58986 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Thanks! Testing: http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/Dog_Obsessed/media/IMG_0783_zps191d2bc0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2%3C/img&gt

Edit: 🙁 No workie. Which link do you mean?

Edit2: Wait..I think this will work:

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag362/Dog_Obsessed/IMG_0783_zps191d2bc0.jpg

Edit3: NOOOO!

Edit4: Wait, it worked. Yay!!! Thanks Akari!

#58987 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant
    #58990 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant
    #58993 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Got it! Thanks!

#58994 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Yay!

#59299 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Just in case anyone is wondering, Cesar Millan in not dead: http://www.dogster.com/the-scoop/cesar-millans-death-hoax

I’m not a CM fan, and I’m not too keen on some of his training methods, but I am glad he is not dead.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 364 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.