Yorkie needing chicken free food but urinary formula for 2 types of crystals

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum Yorkie needing chicken free food but urinary formula for 2 types of crystals

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrea L
    Participant

Hi,

I have an 11 year old Yorkie who has food allergies or intolerances (causing itching, skin lesions),it’s also likely that she has outdoor allergies since in the spring/summer she will easily develop eye/ear infections. After trying beef, pork alternatives with no luck, the fish based food I started her on cleared up her skin within the first 2 weeks of her being on it .A year and a half later she developed a bladder infection that showed 2 types of crystals in her urine. Supposedly caused b y the dog food . Her vet put her on Royal Canin SO to clear the crystals and it worked ,yet within 3-4 months of being on this food (chicken based which I knew yet my vet said the crystals was much more of a concern than the itchy skin issue ) she has again broken out with lessons and is all over itchy. Her yearly bloodwork (a few weeks ago) showed a crazy liver #,thyroid was checked and all normal so she goes for liver ultrasound Monday .I’m assuming the liver is completely separate form anything else she’s dealing with . From everything I’ve read allergy testing is inconclusive . Im looking for advice on how to help her be comfortable and not itch the rest of her life yet not have bladder issues . Im not sure what to feed her or if I should stay on the SO diet to control the crystals and then pursue allergy meds once we resolve the liver issue . I’m honestly at a loss and I’m against medication if I possible.

Thank you for any help /advice

#189364 Report Abuse
    Dan B
    Participant

I have a 3 year old maltipoo with exactly what you are going through except for the liver thing. She had the food allergies like yours so, we put her on fish diet. Then after a year she got the crystals and we are now feeding her Hills c/d food with chicken. So, we bought a home allergy DNA test and are hoping that once we find out what she can’t have we can talk to s canine nutritionist. We don’t know what else to do and the Vet has no idea what to do!!! When and if we get this figured out I will keep posting the results and maybe it will help someone else in the same situation.

#190221 Report Abuse
    CarlosStewart1
    Participant

Hey. Assignment help is a blessing for nursing students like me. Their specialized assistance has been invaluable, providing well-researched and meticulously crafted assignments https://assignmentmaster.com/nursing-assignment-help . The team comprises nursing experts who understand the field intricately. Timely delivery and top-notch quality are their hallmarks. The service not only eases academic pressure but also enhances comprehension of nursing concepts. If you’re a nursing student seeking reliable support, this site is a game-changer. Grateful for their dedication and expertise!

#190264 Report Abuse
    Rita C
    Participant

scratch games are games written based on the scratch programming language, one of the easiest programming languages to write. The scratch game has friendly, cute characters and simple but no less attractive gameplay.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Rita C.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Rita C.
    #190555 Report Abuse
    Gifford C
    Participant

I haven’t been playing games for long. I used to be somewhat dismissive of them. Now I’ve discovered cs go from a new side, and it is especially interesting to understand cs go skin trading. In the article here I found more about how to sell cs go skins profitably for real money, and what platforms and sites are now available to do this safely. I think many cs go fans will be interested in this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.