🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 251 through 260 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    Peggy

I’ve googled several vet websites in the past hour or so, and there seems to be a general consensus, especially for high-strung terrier breeds like a Jack Russell –

“1 – Dogs that begin paw-licking later in life are more than likely responding to environmental, life style, and/or dietary adjustments.

2 – High-strung, normally active dogs that are inactive for any reason tend to spend more time grooming themselves. In most cases, that grooming instinct tends is focus itself on the paws. “

#67042 Report Abuse
    Peggy

Hi everyone, I haven’t been here in a little while. Life happens.

Anyway, Yesterday morning, my fur sweeties had Pure Balance Salmon & Pea grain free kibble, diced green beans, canned Salmon and a bit of Salmon ‘juice’ on their kibble.

For dinner they had a mix of Pure Balance Salmon & Peas grain-free and PB Bison & Peas grain free kibble, with PB Chicken & Carrots in light gravy. I put a bit of warm water on LadyBug’s kibble because she really does not like the larger Bison & Peas kibble chunks. Even though she’s a larger dog, she favors small kibble for whatever reason.

This morning, they had Lamb and Brown Rice kibble with broiled ground pork, diced cooked carrots, and ground flax seed.

Tonight they will have the PB Lamb & Brown Rice kibble again, with PB Lamb Pate’ in the tubs.

#67382 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Hey, all! So, today Bruno had his first beef green tripe can – Solid Gold Green Cow. It smells like vomit. Like someone had lamb innards and then vomited them, lol. Naturally, Bruno LOVED it! Then again, he loves everything, lol, little vacuum cleaner. I gave him about 2 heaping tablespoons (it’s a big can, we gotta use it up soon) and reduced his kibble too, so he had a nice dinner. His breakfast was Acana Pacifica with some yoghurt, and the dinner was Wysong Quail with the green tripe.

I also got him a new Kong toy, the regular but in black for heavy chewers, size small. It won’t fit his food serving, but I plan to use it for just goodie treats, like the tripe, doggie “ice-cream”, etc. So I stuffed and froze his new little Kong, 2 hooves, Casey’s medium-sized Kong (I have permission to give her dog-friendly treats and concoctions), and the remnants of a horn (won’t be buying those anymore as they are not naturally-shed. Hooves probably aren’t either, but mine 2 were a gift, so I will still use them). And we still have some of the can left in the fridge probably for both breakfast AND dinner tomorrow… Or I can feed half tomorrow, half Thursday, we’ll see. 🙂 But yeah, Bruno likes it a lot, I just really wish I either had more stuffable toys, or they sold small (up to 6oz) cans of green tripe so I can feed it quickly. Oh well. I was so excited to have the Kong and stuff it with the tripe that he had dinner a little early today. He didn’t mind, lol! 😀

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Naturella.
    #67400 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Lily has been having 1/4 of her kibble replaced by Acana Singles Pork and Butternut Squash, which is the chosen food for the first step of her elimination diet. She has been doing well on it, I want to bump it up to 1/2 tonight.

#67402 Report Abuse
    Naturella

D_O, nice! Hope all goes well with both transition and elimination. What are you switching her off of, Nulo?

#67404 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Thanks! Yup, we’re switching off of Nulo.

#67406 Report Abuse
    Naturella

D_O, gotcha. Well, hope it helps! My local store had the small bags of Acana and Orijen for sale for $2 down from $4, so I grabbed me one of each and I’m trying to use them up pronto because they expire soon, so he gets Acana on Tuesday and Orijen on Thursday for breakfast. I think they will be gone pretty soon cause I also use them as training treats/treats in general. 🙂 We like them.

#68507 Report Abuse
    Peggy

Hi y’all! I haven’t been here in a while. Life happens. 🙂

My loverdogs and I have kind of gotten into a routine (finally).
    For breakfast, I cook them either ground turkey or chicken, green beans or carrots, and add a bit of rice, served over Pure Balance grain-free kibble (moistened with warm water).

Evenings are a tub each of Pure Balance – either chicken & peas, or beef w/carrots & sun-dried tomatoes, or Lamb Pate’, or Turkey w/ peas & carrots – over one of the PB kibbles. I’m having NO more problems with them eating. Tebow’s weight seems to have stabilized. I know he has at least 5 or 6 more lbs to go. But as soon as this weather breaks we’ll be back to walking daily, so I’m sure that’ll do the trick.

I have a small bag of 3 of the 4 varieties of Pure Balance kibble – Salmon & Peas grain-free, Bison & Peas grain-free, Lamb & Brown Rice. Neither of them likes the Chicken & Brown Rice kibble.

OH, Sunday is Salmon day. Breakfast is Canned salmon with carrots & pasta.
    Dinner is the other half the can of Salmon over Salmon & Peas kibble.

#68508 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Welcome back, Peggy! Congrats on getting your dog and routine finally stabilized. Hooray!

#68511 Report Abuse
    Peggy

Thanks C4c!

Viewing 10 posts - 251 through 260 (of 260 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.