šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tina

What is the difference between the two bands? Wellness seems to have the same ingredients as Blue Buffalo. Wellness compares Blue Buffalo on its’ web site has only one difference. http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/dog_WCT_compare.html Blue Buffalo has more fruits and vegetables in their food and the company helps out with pet cancer. Please tell me what is different between the two of them.

#40768 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Wellness has declared themselves to be non-gmo. They are also making their dry at their own factory, as far as I know, and not outsourcing to multiple factories like BB. There may be other differences but these are just a few that stand out as important, at least to me.

#40769 Report Abuse
    Tina

How do we know that Blue Buffalo is outsourcing to multiple factories? Wellness gets their vitamins from china, I know this because called and asked.

#40770 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Most vitamin / mineral pre-mixes are sourced from China. Where did Blue Buffalo say they source their vitamin / mineral pre-mix from?

Blue Buffalo refuses to disclose who ask of their co-packers are. Wellness is a quality product manufactured in-house at Wellpet.

Use Blue Buffalo if you want. Make sure to read others experiences with it and the quality control issues from using multiple co-packers so you know what you’re getting into first.

I’d never feed Blue Buffalo.

#40787 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Blue Buffalo has their Life Source Bits, which are their heat sensitive vitamins and such, seperate from the regular kibble, which makes it very easy for picky dogs to sort and not get proper nutrition. They also settle in the bag so the amount of LSB at the top of the bag is different than at the bottom of the bag.

There have been a lot of complaints about BB lately, and when people contact them, they always say they haven’t received any complaints. I won’t buy from them.

#40895 Report Abuse
    Tina

I called Blue Buffalo and spoke with a representative. They reassured me that all ingreadients found in Blue Buffalo are from the United States only. Only their lamb and venison are from New Zealand, thats all. They source nothing from China, in fact they stay away from China altogether. They reassured me that what they were saying was a 100% guarantee. Their life source bits are all explained on this page http://www.bluebuffalo.com/lifesource-bits Each bag is created with an equal amount of both types of kibble so that dogs will have a well balanced meal. If your dog is a picky eater then maybe Blue Buffalo isn’t the food for you or maybe you should think about adding canned food. Most dogs become picky eaters because their owners give them just dry kibble or they switch the type of kibble way to fast. Dogs won’t starve themselves, they eventually have to eat.

#40896 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

So, Blue Buffalo denied that they sourced any vitamin / mineral premix from China?

#40901 Report Abuse
    Tina

They explained to me that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING comes from China. Everything is sourced from the United States or New Zealand.

#41026 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Personally, I think they’re lying.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tKir4DEQvAoJ:truthaboutpetfood.com/pet-food-customer-service-test+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I just emailed them and exactly from where they source their vitamin / mineral premix. Lets see what they say, if they respond at all. My guess is, they won’t.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by DogFoodie.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.