Test Topic for Diet and Health Forums

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Test Topic for Diet and Health Forums

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

This is a test

#168009 Report Abuse
    Mike S
    Participant

This is a test reply

#168010 Report Abuse

This is my reply

#168047 Report Abuse
    jeanne e
    Participant

RAWHIDE STICKS, BONES, CHEWS & other processed chew treats.

My dog is very sick. BW showed liver level of 950. Normal is about 130 ish. Doing research on the above chew sticks that he loves I came across these toxic ingredients. High liver enzymes can be caused by anything ingested that is toxic. The above, on many different websites showed the following results.
    When tested: Lead, Arsenic, Mercury, Chromium salts, Formaldehyde and other toxic chemicals have been detected in rawhides. So it’s safe to say that any sort of glues can be used as well!
    3-5 days to digest, so whatever given amount, the rawhide with the toxic chemicals sit in their organs and do damage.
    The piece of rawhide may be flexible enough and get broke down by the intestinal tract enough to pass (it can take 3-5 days)

#168128 Report Abuse
    rick M
    Participant

Thanks for sharing this advice!

#168152 Report Abuse
    jeanne e
    Participant

Usually ingredients are listed but NOT the toxic chemicals used in the processing of the treat or food.
    I did not base my research on 1 article. I found the toxic ingredients on many professional & non-professional websites.
    Hopefully people really check out what they are feeding their pets.
    40 years of having dogs I assumed all were tested and safe. Most treats are not. I found my research also pertained to some pigs ears, some bully sticks and other treats. Speaking for myself, I wish I had researched and not just assumed everything is safe. Also check out the country from which the item comes from. Sometimes the item is ONLY packaged in the USA, but actually made in another country.
    Hope this info can be of help to all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.