šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    intheclouds
    Participant

My bichon is 8 yrs and after taking him to the vet for diarrhea he was put on Royal Canin gastro intestinal low fat food. The diarrhea is gone, but my dog is too thin and needs to gain weight. On top of all of this, he definetly has an allergy with constant licking. So is there a food with no grain (to help aleviate skin allergy), but one that will not aggravate his intestines, and he can gain weight?

• This topic was modified 10 years, 11 months ago by intheclouds.
    #17799 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I responded over on the review side, but I’ll say the same here. Look at Brothers Complete. It is an excellent food that was designed specifically to help with healing the gut and food intolerance issues. It has created amazing turn arounds in a number of dogs here. Go to their website Brotherscomplete . com (take out the spaces) and read their Brothers Document and their FAQs.

#17800 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi intheclouds –

I would look for a 4 or 5 star grain-free food with a single protein source and supplement his diet with a high quality multi-strain probiotic supplement and digestive enzymes. There are many limited ingredient grain-free foods such as Nature’s Variety Limited Ingredient Diets, The Honest Kitchen, Grandma Lucy’s, Addiction, etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.