Seizure Milk Bones multi colored

Dog Food Advisor Forums Dog Treats Seizure Milk Bones multi colored

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lyle G
    Participant

My dog Bandit is a mix part pointer/  Coon hound seven years old. He started having seizures about a month ago. He had one minor seizure and two big ones.  I took him to the vet  where they did blood work.  Everything tested good. The vet wanted to put him on seizure meds. I started thinking about any recent changes in his eating habits.  The one change was his treats. I changed to milk bones  multi color which has Red dye-40 as well as other dyes in it.  He was given 4 or 5 treats a day for approximately 2 months.  Before putting him on anti seizure meds, I decided to change his treats to a healthy treat. It’s been eleven days so far with no signs of seizure.  My sister owns a blond Labrador, who is eight years old. He is currently being treated for seizures for the past 4 years.  I just found out she has been giving her dog milk bones multi colered forever. I am no sure if there is a relation between my dogs seizure and the milk bones multi colored but time will tell. I will post a follow up message in a month.

#172073 Report Abuse
    Janice R
    Participant

Thank you for posting. I tried a box about a year ago and found they stained his teeth, so stopped. Glad I did.

#172089 Report Abuse
    Lyle G
    Participant

So far so good. 19 days with no seizures. I am so happy. I have to check on my sisters dog. She’s kind of hard headed. I’m not sure if she stopped giving her dog the colored milk bone.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.