Seizure Milk Bones multi colored

Dog Food Advisor Forums Dog Treats Seizure Milk Bones multi colored

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lyle G
    Participant

My dog Bandit is a mix part pointer/  Coon hound seven years old. He started having seizures about a month ago. He had one minor seizure and two big ones.  I took him to the vet  where they did blood work.  Everything tested good. The vet wanted to put him on seizure meds. I started thinking about any recent changes in his eating habits.  The one change was his treats. I changed to milk bones  multi color which has Red dye-40 as well as other dyes in it.  He was given 4 or 5 treats a day for approximately 2 months.  Before putting him on anti seizure meds, I decided to change his treats to a healthy treat. It’s been eleven days so far with no signs of seizure.  My sister owns a blond Labrador, who is eight years old. He is currently being treated for seizures for the past 4 years.  I just found out she has been giving her dog milk bones multi colered forever. I am no sure if there is a relation between my dogs seizure and the milk bones multi colored but time will tell. I will post a follow up message in a month.

#172073 Report Abuse
    Janice R
    Participant

Thank you for posting. I tried a box about a year ago and found they stained his teeth, so stopped. Glad I did.

#172089 Report Abuse
    Lyle G
    Participant

So far so good. 19 days with no seizures. I am so happy. I have to check on my sisters dog. She’s kind of hard headed. I’m not sure if she stopped giving her dog the colored milk bone.

#180680 Report Abuse
    Kelsey R
    Participant

My 12 year old dog had a seizure and face tremors recently. We are linking it to the Milkbone – mini’s – please be aware!! These dog treats/dog food companies do not care about the health of the dog. My dad feeds our dog approx 5-10 milkbones every night. I’ve been noticing it’s having an effect on her attention and cognition. She almost seems dazed and stares in an area in the room for an extended period of time. I’m so glad I have found this thread as i searched for milk bone dog treats + seizures on google tonight. This only happens at night after she has digested the treats. Something does not seem right…..

#185175 Report Abuse
    Jessica G
    Participant

My miniature schnauzer is 2 years and 4 months old. She has been having seizures and face/body tremors throughout the weekend. The only thing new to her diet is milk bones multi colored peanut butter flavored and bark’n bac’n lean by ol roy. I have been researching and see that both of them contain BHA and red dye 40. The only treats she has ever had before this was the American vetdogs peanut butter training treats. I now know that those treats, too, contain BHA but not red dye 40! The two days that she had multiple seizures and crazy body movements (that looked like paroxysmal dyskinesia) she was given both the milk bones and the bark’n bac’n lean treats. The following days she was given only the bark’n bac’n lean treats only bc they fit into the treat jar and the milk bone box was so big so I put it away for layer. She has gotten increasingly better but is still not 100%. I plan to not give her any of that and see how it goes. I’m not sure if it’s food related or if she has some neurological condition that I am still unaware of. We have an appt with her vet this Friday when I am off of work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.