šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    lilyh

I switched my 11 week English Setter puppy from what the breeder was feeding her (Purina Large Breed Puppy) to Wellness Core Puppy over about 8 days. My husband thought her stools seemed loose (they had a shape, but lost consistency when picked up) and wanted to switch her back as a trial to the Purina. I did not want to do that, so called the vet and the person I talked to recommended mixing a bland diet of chicken & rice into her food.

So for lunch, I cooked organic long grain rice, mixed with chicken (which I have been treating her with all along) in Wellness Core. Within 10 minutes she was throwing up all over the place. I took her to the vet, who thinks it could be a reaction to something else, but I also had some of the rice and my tummy has been gurgling and knotted.

My gut (and gut instinct) tells me it was the rice, but the vet said they had never seen rice cause vomiting and that it is likely not it. Anyone else ever have a reaction like this?

I called the manufacturer of the rice and store that sold it to inform them, and saved it in my freezer for them to examine.

I know there is such a thing as too much calcium, but is there such a thing as too much protein? The animal behaviorist I am working with to stem Annie’s biting and jumping said that the protein shouldn’t be above 28 (she raises rhodesian ridgebacks) but I think the people on this site know better. Appreciate your input.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.