🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Reef R
    Participant

Hi all, recently adopted a dog and the pet shop nearby is going out of their way to recommend this food, its quite expensive (like one of the most expensive ones available there), but if its any good then I dont mind getting it. Just cant find any reviews at all for this one and would like some advice from someone other than a sales person.

This is the ingredients on one of the types from the brand that they recommended:

Composition: rice, poultry meal 36%, sweet potato, salmon meal, barley, poultry fat, sugar beet pulp, brewer’s yeast, peas, linseed, chicken liver hydrolysate, dynamic micronized clinoptilolite (1%), chicory extract, fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), yucca extract.
    Additives/kg:
    Nutritional additives: vitamin A (3a672a) – 18000 IU, vitamin D3 (3a671) – 1500 IU, vitamin E (3a700) – 530 mg, folic acid (3a316) – 4 mg, biotin (3a880) – 2 mg, niacin (3a314) – 75 mg, vitamin B6 (3a831) – 13,4 mg, vitamin B1 (3a821) – 16,3 mg, vitamin B12 – 0,07 µg, iron(II) sulphate monohydrate (3b103) – 50 mg, calcium iodate anhydrous (3b202) – 1,5 mg, copper(II) sulphate pentahydrate (3b405) – 7 mg, manganous sulphate monohydrate (3b503) – 40 mg, zinc sulphate monohydrate (3b605) – 150 mg, sodium selenite (3b801) – 0,1 mg.
    Technological additives: rosemary extract, tocopherol extracts from vegetable oils (1b306(i)).

Analytical constituents:
    crude protein – 26%,
    crude oil and fats – 13%,
    crude ash – 9%,
    crude fibres – 3,5%,
    calcium – 1,2%,

phosphorus – 0,9%,
    omega 3 – 0,50%,
    omega 6 – 2,22%,

It makes a tonne of all sorts of claims on the packaging, so if any of it is to be believed, it may be great, but just not sure. All the sweet potato, beet pulp and additives talk got me a bit suspicious as well as all the meat being followed by the word “meal”.

Thank you all for any advice.

#164402 Report Abuse
    Patricia A
    Participant

I’m always looking out for a quality food to add in rotation with my dogs’. Although kibble is only a VERY small part of their diet it does stretch the freeze dried they eat as their main meal. All kibble is so processed that feel your starting out with a negative with the best of them. This is all I found on DFA regarding this kibble. /forums/topic/natures-protection-superior-care-whitedog/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.