I need Help for my dog

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health I need Help for my dog

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Empire F
    Participant

I have a Pomeranian 13 years old.

I am looking for help finding wet food, that will help his issues with knees,legs, cartilage, that sort of health ailment.
    He has lost teeth so wet food and pate like dog food is highly preferred.

Dog food that has never been recalled preferred too, but that, unfortunately, is challenging.

Any other suggestions welcomed: OTC medicine,etc

Thanks

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Empire F.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Empire F.
    #151713 Report Abuse
    anonymous

There are no veterinarians affiliated with this site.

Find a vet nearby that you like and trust, make an appointment for a senior checkup, lab work , dental exam and all.
    The vet will then advise you regarding diet, and medication (if needed) to keep your senior healthy and comfortable.

Never give OTC meds or supplements to a pet unless recommended by a veterinarian that has examined the animal.
    Many products are not intended for veterinary use and can cause harm.

#151724 Report Abuse
    Empire F
    Participant

Looking for wet dog food that helps with joints,etc
    I have seen Dogswell Happy Hips Lamb so far

#151814 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

There is usually not enough of an ingredient (a high enough dose) for joint health in food. You would want to use supplements. They come in many forms. Powdered or soft chew may be what your dog needs. Some examples are powdered green-lipped mussel, glycoflex soft chews, Acti-flex K9 liquid.

#151911 Report Abuse
    Empire F
    Participant

I had a cat that lived to 17 that died 3 years ago
    i have another cat that turned 19 years old this month. STill running around the house having fun
    I believe carefully selecting excellent cat food and spring water is the key

My senior citizen dog, i need help what dog food to be giving him. I will look into the supplements but for right now, i need food that, even just a little bit, will help with his joints,cartridge.

#151916 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi,
    have you asked vet about “Cartrophen vet” weekly injection given for 1 month, Cartrophen vet is all natural, injection is given under thick section of dogs skin near neck & it finds the dogs pain.
    My boy suffers with IBD he cant take steroids, high omega oils, medications etc they cause diarrhea, acid reflux stomach ulcers so vet said NO to any meds, Patch is 11yrs old after his 2nd Cartrophen injection Patch was running around like a young pup, I have to tell him to slow down & stop jumping up your going to hurt your back, I couldn’t believe the results.
    Cartrophen vet caused no side effects, I’m feeding Royal Canine Intestinal Low fat vet diet at the moment with Canidae Pure Senior kibble, I feed 1/2 & 1/2 mixed together, in Australia our R/C comes from Europe, France they use dried meats, no meat meals & ingredients seem to be heaps better then the American R/C.
    I also feed Tin Salmon with boiled Sweet potato for lunch & his vet diet= Canidae is high omega 3 oils, he also eats Canidae Pure Senior, Wellness Core Senior or the Wellness Core Large breed its high in Glucosamine & Chondroitin, start adding Glucosamine & Chondroitin with diet it helps rebuild joints. If you’re going to give a fish oil buy Krill Oil Capsules instead, Krill Oil Capsules are better then Fish or Salmon oil, I also buy Freeze Dried Green Lipped Mussels & give 1-2 Mussels a day as a treat, Patch seems to handle foods that are high in Omega oils but not the supplements, just be careful as Supplements & Meds (NSAID) can cause acid reflux, diarrhea, stomach problems..
    http://www.cartrophen.com/for-vets/what-is-cartrophen-vet/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.