🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Please don’t come at me.

So I have a 8 month old Rottweiler and we want to do a 50/50 diet of raw and kibble diet.
    The beginning of this week Atticus began to vomit we took him to the vet and they suspected a bacteria infections, they put him on antibiotics, probiotics and sulcrate plus. He has been on a bland food diet since Monday. Tried to introduce his kibble but he threw up after the second feeding so back to chicken and rice only. How long should I wait to introduce the raw diet? (we are using big country raw gran and go) should we start with his kibble first. Also another side note had him on hill science threw up, had him try wellness threw up, now on purina one smart blend as this one was recommended to us by a friend who has 4 Rottweilers, he was doing amazing no issues until now. Vet doesn’t think his tummy issues has anything to do with his kibble.

So for going on, I just want the very best for our boy.

#184458 Report Abuse
    Tricia M
    Participant

I’m also interested in doing this…I know most do it because raw is expensive…my problem is that high quality kibble is expensive and I raise rabbits making part of supplementing kibble cheaper for me..I’m worried about removing kibble completely as I am dealing with a few puppies that need the balanced vitamin content and not confident in my ability to maintain that on fully raw diet. Any opinions or concerns I should be aware of?

#185308 Report Abuse
    Barbara R
    Participant

In my opinion, adding at least a little fresh food to any kibble is better than only feeding your pups dry dog food. One thing to know is that kibble and raw dog food digest at different rates, so dogs with sensitive stomachs may have trouble with this combination. One way around it is to feed kibble in the morning and then raw at night, or vice versa. Or you can try adding a spoonful of organic ACV (apple cider vinegar). I wrote about it on my blog – feel free to check it out here:

https://www.k9sovercoffee.com/nutrition/can-kibble-and-raw-dog-food-be-fed-together/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.