🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I searched but I couldn’t find any real topics discussing it.

I know how much you feed varies from dog to dog greatly. I’m just curious if anyone noticed this or any opinions.
    My dog is 75lbs, and usually falls into a 60-80lbs range on the feeding guide. And with most foods it falls in a 3-4 cup range. It’s not that I truly follow it I’m more curious why this one food is so vastly different from others.
    Taste of the Wild Pine Forest has a 60-80lbs range with a 4 – 5 cup range.
    Compared to just another variety:
    Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain Canine 60-80lbs range is 3¼ – 3¾ cup range.
    Different brands for example-
    Victor Ocean Fish 80lbs range is 3¾ cups
    Go! Sensitive LID 70-90lb range is 2 1/2 – 3 cups/ 3 – 3 1/2 cups

Does this mean you would have to feed more Pine Forest to match that of the others?

#101038 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi, it’s cause the Kcals per cup are lower so you need to feed more, Kcalls per cup in TOTW Pine Forest is 337Kcals per cup & I feed TOTW Sierra Mountain, Roasted Lamb-338 Kcals Per Cup, I need to feed around 2 heaped cups of the TOTW kibble so the weight doesn’t fall off Patch, then I rotate & feed Canidae Pure Wild Boar 454Kcals per cup I feed 1 & 1/2 cup a day…..
    Here’s a calculator & will give you an idea how many calories a day your dog needs but I also feed less so Patch is lean & all muscle, lean dogs live longer then fat dogs.
    http://www.german-shepherd-lore.com/dog-food-calculator.html

#101164 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I use the dog food calculator here, on DFA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.