🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    itsabigdog
    Participant

Looking for suggestions for a large breed dry food that’s *low carbs, no grain, minimal recalls* I originally was thinking TimberWolf but decided against that after reeding their reviews & i want something thats going to be accessible when I need it. Too bad cause it seems like the perfect kibble 🙁

#27608 Report Abuse

HoundDogMom took a lot of time and effort to research foods appropriate for large breed puppies. She made a list here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwApI_dhlbnFTXhUdi1KazFzSUk/edit?pli=1
    It starts with grain inclusive and grain free starts on page 3. I would start there. Some of the brands that you can find in stores like Petco/Petsmart that are on there are: Nature’s Variety Instinct Rabbit meal and Limited Ingredient Turkey, Wellness Core Puppy, and Halo grain free surf & turf. The Timberwolf Southwest Chicken and Herbs is on her list too. If you are concerned about having food on hand. You could always have a backup bag of food on hand. I used to do that for my Dane. When he got down to half a bag of food, I would buy another one just so I had it. I always ordered his food online so I never wanted to run out. Also, chewy.com and petflow.com have lots of choices for food, great prices, and fast shipping. I always got my food within 2-3 days.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.