🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sanford h

I have been giving this powder supplement to my Cavalier Spaniel for since he was 3 months old. He is a bit over 2 yrs now and is doing well. He is active, eats well, and seems very happy. I wonder if it is necessary to add this supplement to his meal (Earthborne Weight Control Kibble). His medical tests are excellent and I am never sure that adding these supplement are just a waste of money. Being in the health field, I know that the arbitrary use of vitamins by healthy individuals does not provide any additional benefit except to make a lighter wallet. I am open to any thoughts on this. Thanks,
    S.Hochman

#114246 Report Abuse
    anonymous

For science based veterinary medicine go to http://skeptvet.com/Blog/

On the right under categories click on “herbs and supplements”

Very informative site.

#114272 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Have you read the ingredients?
    Ingredients: Chicken Liver Dried, Wheat Bran, Wheat Germ, Brewer’s Yeast Dried,Calcium Carbonate, Dried Apple, Calcium Phosphate,
    Cod Liver Oil, Parsley, Apple Cider Vinegar, Alfalfa, Dried Kelp, Dandelion Root, Garlic, Calcium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Ginger, Natural Mixed Tocopherols, Citric Acid, Rosemary Extract.

The price
    1 pound – $20.00 plus S/H
    5 pound – $90.00 plus S/H

“ENDURANCE is a unique supplement formulated for dogs and cats that are fed commercial kibble or canned food. Both can experience allergies, skin problems, constant shedding, bad breath, chronic ear discharges and digestive upsets”.

Wow! Sounds like a miracle supplement, lol! 😉

I see nothing unique about the ingredients. Most of the better kibbles have these ingredients included anyway.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

#114380 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Hi Sanford-

Since Earthborn states that is a complete and balanced food, there is no reason to add this type of supplement to your pets diet.

The only type of supplement that I would encouragee you to add since it sounds like your dog is overweight is a fish oil or glucosamine supplement to help slow down arthritis.

#114381 Report Abuse
    sanford h

I forgot to mention that he is at 22 lbs, and the perfect weight for his size, but maybe I don’t need the Endurance in any case. Thanks for the reply.

#114391 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Might I ask why he is on a weight control formula then?

#114404 Report Abuse
    sanford h

Up to about 6 months ago, he was on Orijen, an excellent food, and was gaining weight, which was what I didn’t want to happen. The vet and I discussed this and I chose what was considered a very good weight control food I could find. He is active, healthy, and a happy dog now.

#114408 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Good! Glad to hear hes back to a healthy weight.

#153531 Report Abuse
    Carol H
    Participant

The Endurance product is a fresh dehydrated product that does not go through the the Intense high heat processing that kibble does. Therefore the ingredients listed are fresh much more bio-available to the dog. We do not use chemical preservatives so refrigeration is required after opening to preserve the fragile oils and vitamins. There are lots of foods with the same “ingredients” however our sourcing makes sure we offer the best versions of these ingredients: fresh from the USA, human grade and Non-GMO. The quality, quantity and Formulation makes Endurance unique. If you have not tried it- you should.

Disclaimer – While I am a paid consultant for Volhard, we stand by the facts as stated above.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.