šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    maddymoiselle
    Participant

my 10 yo golden retriever was hospitalized over the weekend for pancreatitis. she is home now and just starting to eat small amts of boiled chicken and rice. tolerating it well:) any suggestions for commercial food for down the road with low fat, high fiber and protein. also, can anyone recommend any supplements(enzymes) for dogs prone to pancreatitis.any suggestions would be appreciated.

#15984 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

I’m not a vet, but when my Shih-Poo, Desi…rip, had an attack of pancreatitis the food that worked best for him was Wellness Core Reduced Fat. There are some very good enzyme supplements on the market. The Mercola brand uses animal based instead of plant based and are considered very good. They also make a probiotic supplement with multiple strains. Go to mercola.com in the pets section to read about them. Some sources to read about pancreatitis are: dogaware.com, b-naturals.com and askariel.com to name a few. You could also ask your vet about the enzymes….my vet gave me some when Desi had his attack.

#15987 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

The Honest Kitchen’s Zeal would be another great food for a pancreatitis prone dog – 35.5% protein, 8.5% fat. and 5.8% fiber. As would Acana’s Light & Fit – 35% protein, 10% fat and 8.5% fiber.

#16052 Report Abuse
    maddymoiselle
    Participant

thanks so much for the recommendations:) will give them a try

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.