🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 655 total)
  • Author
    Akari_32
    Participant

Yes, I live in Florida lol Just curious, how much do you pay a case for that urinary food? And I assume it’s 24 cans per case, right?

See if you can register with Purina 4 Professionals. You never know! I think you need a special code or sign in given to you by a rep to register though. It’s been a while since I’ve done it, so I don’t remember lol

#64713 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

If I order it from Chewy, it is $42.99 for a case of 24. I can pick it up at the vet by the can for about $1.85 per can. The first ingredient is meat by-products. And I think it is one of the better Rx urinary foods. Great, huh?

#64719 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

It’s just under $20 for a case on P4P (and shipping is $4). You should really try applying! You never know if it’ll work.

Did you see the Dietitic Management canned food? That actually looks better than most “premium” foods as far as protein and carbs goes. It’s really high protein and super low carbs. It’s not something I would mind using just to use, provide it didn’t have anything in it that would hurt a cat that didn’t have diabetes (haven’t looked that far into it lol).

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/AB8B8041-2B80-4D54-8E1C-EA319DFAC45E_zpssst3pzit.png

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Akari_32.
    #64771 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Petco is offering free shipping with no minimum today only:

“Promotion Code: shipfree
    Promotion Name: Free Shipping with no minimum purchase required! Exclusions apply.
    Promotion Description: Free Shipping with no minimum purchase required! See details and exclusions…(expires 01/23/2015)”

#64773 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Yes, I think I’m going to take advantage of that to order a couple of the feliway refills. I think it is actually helping my aggressive kitty’s demeanor. I just can’t pass up a deal! Plus, Petco’s refills are much cheaper than PetSmart’s. On the same subject, has anyone tried using the Sentry Calming collar or have any opinions on something like that? It is a collar with the pheromones in it that release while they are wearing it. I think the diffuser works, but we have a pretty big house. I’d have to have several of them to cover the whole house. It sounds like a good idea, but don’t want to cause him any harm. I’ll check with the vet also.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by crazy4cats.
    #64777 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I am getting a small order together too.

I have never heard of the Sentry Calming collar.

#65163 Report Abuse
    Dori

Hey Everyone, I just got this email from The Honest Kitchen.

For one week only, buy one box of Halcyon duck dog food, or
    Hale base mix, and get one box free!

It’s not even March yet, and we’re already going mad! We’ve got a little stock of our three newest recipes on hand, and a little birdie told us that some pups haven’t had a chance to try them yet! So we’re giving them away for free! While supplies last, grab any if our new diets and get a lovely 4lb or 10lb box of the same recipe, absolutely free!

Use promo code: HKBOGO

To Order: Simply add increments of 2 boxes of the same size and diet to your cart (i.e. 2x 7lb boxes of Hale, and/or 4x 10lb Halcyon) and click ‘add to cart’. Then enter the promo code above into your cart and you will see the 2nd box ring up for FREE!

#66325 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Ought Oh! Petflow is offering 30% off again! The brands are: Evo, CA Natural, Innova, Iams, Eukanuba. The code is: SELECT.

Has anyone tried any of these brand’s canned cat foods? I’m always looking for a quality value priced food for my pretties! LOL!

It is a bit of a risk ordering a whole case, but the Halo canned that I bought on their last special is actually getting eaten. Turned out to be a good deal.

Enjoy!

#66326 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

My cat loves the canned EVO. It’s high in fat, which is why I think he likes it so much lol

#66332 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Innova is in my rotation. A couple of mine like EVO too.

I just bought a whole bunch of Cali Natural Chic & Brown Rice (at 77 cents/5.5 oz. can) and they are eating it; miracles apparently can happen! It is similar to Chic Soup canned.

Iams Adult Premium chic pate’ is also in my rotation, they love it. I also buy the lamb, beef, and chic & liver pate’s, but only a few will eat them. They all hate the Purrfect recipes.

#66333 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Thanks, guys. I’m leaning toward the Innova. The 30% with the autoship discount brings it down to $1.18 per can. A pretty good deal IF they choose to eat it! The Purrfect recipes look a little to fancy for my crew. πŸ™‚

#66404 Report Abuse
    Barbara

naturella sweetie how many puppies do you have anyway? i was completely lost reading about this coupon transaction! is it really worth it? i am just about 70 years young and i have found over the last several years why waste your life collecting coupons? i don’t go on the site much lately because i broke my right shoulder mis-stepping over one of my dogs that never in her 12 years has ever jumped up when you step over her 80 lbs until this one time!! ugh! what luck! i am already retired and supposed to be getting our home ready to go on the market here in kansas so we can move to northwestern Washington where our grandchildren live…my husband(who still works for now) says i broke my shoulder so that i could just supervise while he does all the work! i was always good at supervising…:o)

i have 3 dogs 1 is 50 lbs, and 2 that are almost 80 lbs each but it is so much easier and really cheaper to order on-line or go to a county feed store…i personally have been ordering from chewy.com because the have great prices much better on 4 and 5 star kibble then petsmart or petco has even with coupons and with no hassle! relax and do something for you… walk your pets 2-3 times a day instead of shopping but don’t break anything…take care

#66408 Report Abuse
    Barbara

naturella sorry i just reread my post that i had posted in the middle of the night when i was in pain and could not sleep…i did not mean to sound like you or anyone else who collects coupons are wasting their time. i just can’t believe that you had to go through that hassle the clerks gave you! i forget that not everyone has big dogs like i have and orders 2 30# bags every 3 weeks! i just find it easier to order on chewy.com where for the last 2 months i have been ordering 30# bags of castor and pollux grain free ultramix duck for only 49.99 and their grain and poultry free ultramix salmon for 47.99. compared to other on-line sites and dog food stores like petco and petsmart these prices are very good because i need to get the large bags and i don’t have to carry 30# bags to my car all the time! i do rotate their dry kibble and have ordered other brands from chewy that have good ratings on dfa and are grain free…i think i have been ordering from chewy now for at least 3 years… i also occasionally drive a ways to a county feed store to get victor dog food especially their grain free joint health which has beef in it so they do get a variety of kibble along with lightly cooked meats and veggies. my 14 yr old border collie/flat coat mix also gets kirkland’s natures domain canned turkey and peas from costco rated 5 star and only 20 dollars for 24 cans! i do realize that coupons are good when you have the time to search for them and need smaller size bags then i do…so do take care and happy coupon hunting and thanks for sharing them with others! πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Barbara.
    #66410 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Hiya Barbara! I have 2 large dogs and a small dog on kibble (and a small dog on raw and a cat on half canned half raw). I find I can get much better deals while purchasing small 4 and 6 pound bags. I typically get the small bags of Wellness for $4-7, for example, and often times even for free. I personally would much rather get a handful of small bags every couple weeks than lug a large bag around every month or so lol Actually, I stock up over several weeks to a month, and then I can “shop” at home lol 15 pounds last my two big guys about 2 weeks (they’re old and lazy, they don’t eat half of what the bag suggests). 6 pounds last the mini dachshund more than a month. Everyone has bad coupon days, poor Naturella just happened to have one on her first try at a serious couponing trip.

#66427 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Hey, Barbara and Akari! πŸ™‚

Barbara, no worries, I do understand what you mean, and I do love that you don’t have to deal with certain kinds of people and issues when shopping online. But, like Akari said, often times with coupons you can get top notch foods for close to $1/lb, which is a mad deal in my book! πŸ™‚

So, to answer your question, I only have one little guy, Bruno, 15-lb terrier mix. I do, however, get coupons for friends and often shop with or for them. I have a friend with 5 dogs (2 large, one medium, 2 small) and a cat, one with two large dogs and 2 cats, and another with 1 small dog. And, like Akari, I like to stock up on foods and shop from my personal mini “stockpile”, lol. I am finding out, though, that in order to preserve food freshness, I really need to not keep more than 5-6 bags at a time for my little dog, otherwise my freezer/fridge become the house for some of the stockpile, lol. My Bruno eats through a 4-5 lb bag in about a month, so 6 small bags will last him about 6 months. I am currently set till the end of this year, so I won’t be shopping till like November or so, and only for like a couple of bags.

Sometimes websites like petflow.com have “trials” available, which are basically regular-sized small bags of food (4-5 lbs each) for $1/lb, and I usually can’t resist those deals. Luckily, they haven’t had one of those in quite a while. I always tell my friends about it, but one my friends I entirely shop for their dog for them and they reimburse me. That was my “lucky” haul from Petsmart – the doggie will be set till the end of the school year (May-ish), so I will have to get her more food then. I give coupons to other friends and they have had pretty good success too. The other two friends of mine would barely shop in pet food stores unless I go with them, lol. They shop online just fine though, so I make sure to tell them about online deals too. πŸ™‚

#66562 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Swanson’s is offering 1 cent S&H today only with a minimum purchase of $25 on Swanson brands. Darn it, I just ordered from them this week and got my package yesterday, maybe I need something else. lol

#66565 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Not exactly a coupon, but PetSmart is having a great sale this weekend, up to 50% off! I want to get some more dog beds– the huge ones are only $25!

#67090 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Free shipping Friday on Petco.com today!!!! “Today only, get Free Shipping on all orders with no minimum purchase required! Enter promo code: shiplove at Checkout…
    (expires 02/20/2015).”

#67925 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Haley and Dweezle’s menu for the next couple weeks! I hope this all fits in that garbage can…. LOL

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/FD39AD09-5BAA-4C08-8516-52A26C9224EF_zpsld8varbw.jpg

#67929 Report Abuse
    Dori

Hi Akari. Yikes, they’ll go through all that food in just two weeks? Am I ever lucky I only have toy dogs. Wow! What sizes are those bags? You can’t tell from the picture. I tried to enlarge the photo to see if I could tell but couldn’t. I thought my dogs were eating me out of house and home now with the little they eat. I know you work your magic with coupons but that’s a lot of food for just two weeks. I know Haley’s not too big but I don’t remember how big Dweezle is.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Dori.
    #67932 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

12 pounds of Wellness CORE Puppy (3x 4lb bags), 7 pounds of Ideal Balance Lamb and Rice (2x 3.5lb bags) and 6lbs of BilJac Puppy Select. They get 4.5 cups between the two of them. Haley is 12 years old, 55 pounds , and Dweezle is 11 years old, 130 pounds lol The scoop I have holds 1.25 cups. Haley gets 1.5 scoops, and Dweezle gets 2. This should last… 3 weeks? Just a guess. Since its mostly high calorie puppy food, and they’re old and lazy, I can probably drop how much they get if it ever warms back up for a decent amount of time. I have to feed them more in winter, being outside dogs (Bleh…. Can’t wait to move out!). The garbage can is on a small 6.6 gallon can, btw.

Whew, barely made it!

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/94D00B0E-B994-471A-A063-FEC2130C496A_zpsnx00sluw.jpg

BilJac looks likes rabbit food… Lol

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/B1A2D652-F402-4AC4-B729-0FEA7269D6E8_zpsfc9z2ljh.jpg

#67938 Report Abuse
    Dori

I guess I’d forgotten how big your dogs are. Now it makes more sense to me. Still. Wow.
    My three girls together weigh 18 lbs. I guess that’s why I was astonished by the amount of food. My girls eat so very little. Hannah gets approx. 3 oz. of food per day, Katie gets 2.5 oz. per day, and Lola gets 2 oz. per day. What a big difference. They could eat off of all your food for quite a number of months. I guess that’s how I’m able to feed them all commercial raw foods. Couldn’t possibly if they were the sizes of your dogs.

Bill Jac does look like rabbit food.

So you empty all the bags and mix it all together in the same container so each scoop they get some of all of the different brands and proteins?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Dori.
    #67942 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I’m just glad that Dweezle eats less than half of what dogs his size are supposed to eat! Haley eats about “right,” but only because she has such a high metabolism, which I’m guessing is because she was never spayed. It’s finally slowing down, I think, though, considering she was just putting on weight while on a diet food LOL (Wellness Healthy Weight). She’s never been a big eater anyways, so the less food I can feed her, the better her tummy feels.

Wow, your guys eat less than Bentley and the cat do… LOL Bentley gets 3.5-4 oz a day, and the cat gets 6 oz on the days he gets raw.

Yeah, I mix it all rather evenly for them. If they were younger and hadn’t grown up on Dog Chow for 9 years before I finally was able to take full control of their diet, I’d just go through the small bags a brand at a time, since I only pick up a few bags of each at a time anyways. But I don’t want to switch them around more than every couple weeks, so I just mix up a big batch of various foods, and give them a couple days transition, with their old food on top of the new food.

#67958 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Akari-
    Ummmm.. You are such a rule breaker! You go girl!

#67959 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Lol Why’s that?

#67963 Report Abuse
    Dori

C4C. Mixing all the foods together???????

#67988 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Akari, OOOH, girl, I’m liking the look and size of that bucket and what’s in it! Reminds me of the days I used to mix food for Bruno. Did Haley and Dweezle try it yet? Reviews?

#67989 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

*snort* girl, they’ll eat anything as long as they can chew it up LOL I did give them three scoops of dry food and three Nutro Ultra 3.5 oz topper tub things, though (one chicken, one turkey, and one salmon) and mixed it all into their dry. I then proceded to randomly scoop it into their bowls… Lol They get excited for any kind of canned food, and I bet the salmon smelled amazing to them. :p

#67990 Report Abuse
    Naturella

P.S. How did you stir this mix up?! Even for my small 10-lb holding container I used to have to mix in a huge tupperware dish with a wooden spoon till everything was mixed evenly and then pour it into the actual container, and the rest back into one of the bags (whichever was resealable). The most I’ve mixed up is about 20 lbs at once. That took Bruno about 4 months to work through. Thank goodness for toppers and treats to spice his life up at the time (and now too). It is kind of much easier now that I don’t mix, but hey, I love seeing your pics of food mixes! πŸ™‚

#67991 Report Abuse
    Naturella

I’m glad you still add toppers to their food! And that mix sounds so yummy, Bruno also likes those Nutro things. I bet they liked it too! Do you ever add some water too so it’s easier for all kibble to get coated and for the mush to be plopped into bowls, or just the tubs and kibble?
    –EDIT– I am only asking because I was watching some videos of what Iditarod dogs are fed and it’s all in a bucket, a mix of high-calorie kibble, water, and raw meats of various kinds (but the good ones – chicken, pork, beef, venison, maybe lamb – basically whatever’s available), and some organs here and there. So they use a ladle and scoop the mix into their bowls and the water makes it very easy and every dog’s food is nicely mixed up.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Naturella.
    #67992 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I judge the amount I have each brand and go from there. This, of course goes off the assumption that every pound of food, regardless of brand, has the same number of cups, but it works. For this particular mix, i did 3 scoops of Wellness, 2 scoops of Ideal Balance and one scoop of BilJac, all into the garbage can, and just did that over and over again, mixing with my scooper as I went. I ended up with a lot more BilJac than I thought I would, and a little extra Wellness, so the top two layers are their old mix, and then a layer of mostly BilJac and some of the other foods, and then it goes to an even mix of the three lol

I usually add water, especially to the Nutro Ultra tubs because they’d really dry for canned food, but I was lazy tonight and didn’t do it lol

#67994 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Ah, I see, gotcha. Yeah, I guess I could’ve done that too when mixing, but didn’t think of it – just pulled out the biggest, flattest container in the house that would hold like 20 lbs of kibble and be shallow enough to stir, and poured everything in there and stirred, then put in its appropriate places.

And cool, I see. πŸ™‚

#68021 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

You make too much work for yourself girl LOL

If you guys didn’t get the email, PetSmart is offering mail in rebates for Pro Plan dog and cat food (small bags) and Purina Pro Plans new litter! I’ll be scoping that out tomorrow for sure!

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/51ED2D07-9B88-41B9-8DC8-C262510C5925_zpssny3lzt5.png

#68027 Report Abuse
    Dori

For anyone that uses Dr. Harvey’s. Just got this email today.

http://www.drharveys.com/newsletters/show/37-march-madness-sale

#68133 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Bought a 34 pound bag of Purina Pro Plan Sport 28/18 at Pet Supermarket today for $35.87 today. I price matched PetCo’s sale price ($37.59) and used a Pet Supermarket $5 of $25 purchase. I really wanted one of the 37.5 pound bags of Sport, but Pet Supermarket doesn’t cary those ones ones, nor does PetCo have a buy 10 get 1 free program lol I hope they do good on it, because it’s a really big bag…. lol

#68175 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Pet Flow is offering 30% off on Halo! You know how 30% sucks me in! The code is H30.

#68191 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant
    #68193 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Huh?

#68194 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I found Dori on a raw group on facebook lol

#68195 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Girl, you’re on FB? Why didn’t I know this? LoL, probably for a reason – you can hide from us, but we can’t from you, eh? πŸ˜›

#68197 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Naturella, I couldn’t resist– I’m a total creeper: check your email lol

#68198 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Woohoo! πŸ™‚

#68199 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Hooray for being a stalker! πŸ˜€ LOL

#68202 Report Abuse
    Dori

Hey! You big creepy stalker you! πŸ™‚ LOL and you’re on FB and haven’t friended me, I think Naturella and I might just have to be insulted. You know our names we’ve (I) don’t know yours and of course you know our avatars and you have the shady figure as your avatar. OMG!!! Shady lady figure you are a stalker. Friend me on FB Akari. There’s lots of us regulars on FB that have friended each other. Or email me.

#68209 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Ok, I did it! I didn’t want to be a super-stalker and randomly send people friend requests lol

#68241 Report Abuse
    Dori

DFA friends are never ever super stalkers. Love you sweet lady.

#68251 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Akari and Dori, yes, we can be stalkers! Akari has been stalking me from a long time ago, lol, as soon as I said something about mailing people unused coupons, LOL! πŸ˜‰

But I am happy to do it (don’t have coupons available at the moment though), and I am happy to also be friends with y’all (Akari, Dori, and some other regulars) on FB! πŸ™‚

#68282 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

πŸ˜€ you guys are the best!

Ugh, so bad news. I lost my stock pile room πŸ™ Our room mate moved out several months ago, so I moved all my dog food and treats and goodies and cat litter into the spare bedroom, and mom just texted me that she is moving back in tonight and to clean the room up. Maaaaaaan! Now what am I gunna do when I go on big shopping trips?? πŸ™

Oh, and I gotta talk to you about these PetCo coupons I got, Naturella! Maybe you can use some lol I bought two calendars, like a nut job XD I’ll email you in a bit lol

#68284 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Awwh, glad you like us too, Akari! πŸ˜€

And awwh… Well… At least maybe more money for dog food from the rent? And if you have any closet space, pantry/cabinet space, anything… Just stick a bag here, 2-3 there, it is not ideal, but hey, if you saw my closet and fridge/freezer… LoL.

Anywhoooooo…. Petco, coupons you say…. Mmmmm, looking forward to that email!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰

P.S. You’re an awesome nutjob! πŸ˜€

#68285 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Psh, I don’t get any money from her. It all goes to mom for the extra water and electricity she uses up (good lord, this woman is laundry crazy and doesn’t turn ANYTHING OFF!!). Not looking forward to her living here again. She’s got to be one of the most stupid, ignorant people I’ve ever met. Thankfully mom said she’s only staying here until she finds another place to live. *Please* let that be soon!

I moved all the dog food to my closest (well over 100 pounds, I’d say), all the dog and cat treats and random etc type items to the stand under one of the reptile tanks (were I keep the canned dog and cat food), and the litter went out in the garage (or next to the liter box, in the case of two of the tubs lol probably about 100 pounds in all). Now I have to do some rearranging to make some space in my bedroom. Had to quickly move stuff out of the closet to fit all this dog food…. Let’s just say the place looks like a tornado went through.

….Multiple times…. Lol

I’ll get to you as soon as I can go through and get out all the ones I don’t want/can’t use πŸ™‚ I’ll try and do it tonight. I’ve been meaning to get them all out cut out and organized anyways lol If you’ve been through this years calandar and know what’s in there, feel free to make requests!

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 655 total)
  • The topic ‘Coupons!’ is closed to new replies.