Coast and range dog food?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Feedback and Suggestions Coast and range dog food?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michelle K
    Participant

Has anyone heard of or tried the “coast and Range” dog food brand? I believe they are based out of Illinois. I have a hard time finding food for my dog because he is allergic to so many things. This brand would be an option… I just dont know anything about them, and they have not been reviewed nt anyone yet!

#154470 Report Abuse
    Steve C
    Participant

Following, wondering the same thing

#154990 Report Abuse
    Marie B
    Participant

I just purchased from Coast+Range. The are in Danville California. The dry dog food is custom matched to your dog based upon health requirements. Both my chihuahuas developed DCM from homemade dog food and also VDog, I believe. Coast+Range has good to address that issue. I just ordered and time will tell.

#160759 Report Abuse
    mara S
    Participant

I started my 6 month old standard poodle on this food 2 weeks ago and so far she seems to enjoy the food.
    Her stools are a little loose at times but this can be normal when switching food.
    I contacted coast and range and they suggested to slow the transition and add small amount of organic pumpkin to her food. I will post in the future how she is doing with coast and range.

#168343 Report Abuse
    KathyA P
    Participant

I am a nut case when it comes to anything I give our 12 dogs! After talking with the company, I ordered some sample packs of Coast and Range beef and chicken. I just slowly started changing the six little ones over and they seem to really like it so far. I will probably order one bigger bag just to keep them on it for a bit to see how it goes. This will sound odd but the smell is much better than other kibble I’ve fed. I usually order 10 bags of food at a time from either Honest Kitchen or Open Farm but I’m always researching foods for anything that might be better. Will update when I see how this goes. I was concerned, like several here, when I couldn’t find a rating on the food. It’s even more expensive than Honest Kitchen so I’ll probably leave the six big dogs on their current food.

#168381 Report Abuse
    Debra T
    Participant

I have a petite mini goldendoodle who has been on this food for over a year. She loves the food and is doing well on it. I like the fact that there is no synthetic vitamins in it. I have read that they are not good for dogs. I will also make homemade food from recipes from Dr. Becker (veterinarian) . My dog is healthy and her coat is shiny. The company is also great to work with.

#168431 Report Abuse
    Closed Acct
    Participant

Your dog’s bad breath is a bigger problem than you think! It’s actually a symptom of Periodontal disease caused by bacteria infection. If left untreated, it could even spread to the heart, kidney, and liver. With this kit’s help, harmful bacteria in your fur baby’s mouth will have no where to hide.Now you can rest assured that you don’t need to waste time and money at the vet and still keep your dog happy and healthy. Pet Teeth Cleaning Pen

#168435 Report Abuse
    KathyA P
    Participant

Joan Shi: does this Pet Teeth Cleaning Pen come from China? I noticed you’re posting this as a response to any questions.

#168437 Report Abuse
    KathyA P
    Participant

Michelle K: so far so good with Coast and Range small breed beef. My one picky eater loves it! The chicken I believe caused a little bit of loose stools though. I’ve been trying to change him over slowly but he picks out the Coast and Range beef and leaves the other food. I just ordered 16 lbs and will change the other five little ones over too. I do wish they made bigger bags. I’m getting several small ones to make the 16 lbs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.