šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Vicki R

My little ol’ lady, Poppy (1/2 Jack Russell, 1/4 Dalmatian, 1/4 Shepherd) has suffered from IBS IBD for over a year now. She weighs about, and I am guessing, 18 or 19 pounds now, down from 21. I have had her on white meat chicken, boneless, skinless + sweet potatoes. She’s been getting Prednisone daily for about 6 weeks but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

I am looking for information on giving CBD oil to her for her IBS. I do use it for her thunderstorm phobia and, as long as I am there with her, she does great on that. Nothing else has worked for the thunderstorm phobia.

Has anyone used CBD oil for treatment of IBS? How did it work. What brand, milligram, etc? Any information that could be provided would ne much appreciated!

#140251 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Hope this helps

Evidence Update: Promising Clinical Trial of CBD for Arthritis Treatment in Dogs

Check the comments too.

What does your vet advise? That’s who I would listen to.

#140254 Report Abuse
    Vicki R

anon101, thank you for your reply and link. I have emailed my vet as of yesterday; no reply as yet. She does practice Western medicine and we have tried all kinds of herbs. If she’s not in the know about CBD oil, I will look for an holistic vet in my area.

#140259 Report Abuse
    joanne l

I understand you rather have a holistic vet, did you ever ask the vet about a RX diet for that? I don’t know anything about that oil, so I am sorry I can’t help you there.

#140260 Report Abuse
    joanne l

I read on the dog journal that probiotics and enzymes are really helpful with this. There is one called Forta Flora it is in individual packets and you put it on the dogs food. Also rule out allergies to food as well. I use that product as well. Always tell the vet what you are using or doing. So ask him or her about Forta Flora. In my opinion it may help a lot.
    I forgot to mention you can read the reviews on Forta Flora on chewy.com and that is were you can order it if you want.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by joanne l.
    #140262 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Re: “I understand you rather have a holistic vet”

All veterinarians (traditional and homeopathic) consider themselves to practice holistic medicine

Holistic (definition)
    “A practice of medicine that focuses on the whole patient, and addresses the social, emotional, and spiritual needs of a patient as well as their physical treatment”.

Maybe you are confusing homeopathic with holistic?

#140264 Report Abuse
    joanne l

could be. I think I did get confused with that.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by joanne l.
    #140276 Report Abuse
    Vicki R

Homeopathic vet would be the correct description. You’re absolutely right. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! Vicki

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.