🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    paige-s
    Participant

I just wanted to start a thread to tell everyone about Canine Caviar 🙂

Its very similar to a raw diet but in kibble form. There is many options to choose from aswell.
    Grain free has 3 options – venison, duck, herring (all are single protein, no potatoe)
    Lamb and pearl millet
    Chicken and pearl millet
    Special Needs
    Puppy grain free

The special needs diet can replace almost all Science diets from a-z from the vets office. Personally i have my girl who has a liver disease on it and is doing better then ever.
    Its great food for diabetics, sensitive stomachs, dogs who throw up alot, colitis, ibs, kidney problems, pancreas problems, and more.

the food has a proper alkaline level and pH level as well. i have seen this food do fantastic things for dogs (i work with clients directly helping choose dog foods and nutritional based questions).
    For any dog with allergies this food i great because there is no grain, no potato, and no chicken in 3 of its options.
    For dogs with sensitive stomachs, colitis, ibs, any tummy problems, the entire line has pre and probiotics in the food too, as well as peppermint to help calm the stomach. Check the food out for yourself and put your dog on it and you will see amazing results.. !!

#20156 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Uhm…nothing in kibble form is similar to a raw diet – especially not a kibble like CC with only around 30% protein. It’s decent as far as kibbles go (although a little heavy on plant protein), but no comparison to a raw diet.

#20170 Report Abuse
    paige-s
    Participant

actually yes the food is similar to a raw diet.

the food is flash cooked for 6 sections and its dehydrated so there is more protein in there. ive done my research with this company and its like a dehydrated raw diet. there are many other dehydrated raw diets out there in kibble form with lower protein levels.

#20171 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Actually, you’re very incorrect. 🙂

1) Raw diets are high in moisture – one of the main reasons they’re more species-appropriate.

2) Species-appropriate raw diets do not contain starches and grains.

3) Species-appropriate diets are high in protein (>40%)

4) Raw diets contain living foods with intact enzymes – cooked kibbles do not.

5) Canine Caviar contains meat meals, if you think they’re dehydrated. Meat meals are cooked at EXTREMELY high temperatures the RECOOKED in the kibble – about as processed as you can get.

6) There also is not a whole lot of animal-based protein in this with the chickpeas being so high on the ingredients list (which is why this food is not rated 5 stars). Raw diets contain predominantly animal-based protein (>90%) – I would guesstimate this food at ~70% animal-based protein, at the most.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by Hound Dog Mom.
    #20173 Report Abuse
    paige-s
    Participant

i will still beg to differ. ive done my research, and i completly dissagree with a lot of the things this Dog food advisor says about his grading.. he has under 5 stars foods: EVO, innova, canidae… those foods arent that great. this man has his opinions and other people have theirs and thats why there are forums available.

canine caviar offers GRAIN FREE options of there foods. its flash cooked for 6 sections at 180 degrees. the maker of the food is on record saying this all . so i will beg to differ

REGARDLESS IF YOU FEEL ITS NOT RAW – ITS STILL A FANTASTIC FOOD !!!!!!! IT HELPS DOGS AND I WOULD GIVE IT 5/5 AND I WOULD ALSO GIVE EVO, INNOVA, CANIDAE AND MANNNNNY OTHER CRAPPY FOODS THAT ARE RATED 5 STARTS A MUCH LOWER RATING.

rating those types of dog foods makes me laugh, most people that walk into my store would NEVER go onto that food because they are SMART enough to know that theyre crap .. theres no way they can compare to a 5 star food like acana or orijen but theyre rated the same…. its bullsh!t

#20174 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

If it was the case that the meat is dehydrated it wouldn’t be labeled as a meat meal. Read up on AAFCO ingredient definitions. Either you are mistaken or the company is mislabeling its product. Since you know so much more than Dr. Mike why don’t you just start your own review site?

• This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by Hound Dog Mom.
    #20177 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Raw is raw,not cooked nor dehydrated.

#20179 Report Abuse
    paige-s
    Participant

no one is saying that raw is exactly a raw kibble, there is so many dehydrated raw companies out there. canisource, k9 choice, honest kitchen, these are all types of good dehydrated raws. i would always recommend going with real raw , but not some people dont always have the time, nor funds, or want to deal with raw itself.

when your not just feeding your animals and working in the industry its different. everyone will always have their own opinions.

#20180 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I hate to break it to you but I’m 99.9% positive that none of those companies claim to be raw.

#20181 Report Abuse
    paige-s
    Participant

they are LIKE – not are raw. and some companies do infact say they are dehydrated raw.

right on Canisources website “Unlike other dehydrated foods, there is no need to hydrate CaniSource. This gives the benefits of a raw diet with the convenience of a kibble!”

Smack pet food “We make the world’s best raw dehydrated food for dogs and cats” OH and right off of DFA’s website he has 5 stars given to this company – /dog-food-reviews/smack-dog-food/

i can keep going on if your still 99.9% sure and want to claim raw is raw.. not dehydrated.. again thats your opinion.

#20182 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

You sure buy into advertising easily. Saying something provides the benefits of raw is merely adverting – dehydrated foods are heated to a high enough temperature that they are no longer raw. Yes they are less processed than kibble – but they are by no means “raw.” THK even explains this on their website. Raw foods come in the refrigerator or freezer. End of story. I don’t see what this has to do with Canine Caviar anyways?? Canine Caviar is a processed, cooked kibble containing meat meals which are doubly processed.

#20185 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Thanks, HDM. You saved me typing and did it much more eloquently as well!

#20186 Report Abuse
    somebodysme
    Participant

Seems that paige is perhaps a rep for the company? My guess only…

#20187 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

somebodysme: I asked her on another thread how long she worked for Canine Caviar…

#20188 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Paige you can’t believe everything you read on the internet. Look what Purina Beneful’s website says about their food “Help keep your dog happy and healthy with a perfect balance of real, wholesome ingredients, quality nutrition and great taste found in Beneful® brand dry dog food.” If THAT was true, why would so many dogs be dying on it. That is one of the worst of the worst foods.

& Dr. Mike isn’t basing his reviews on “his opinions”, he is basing them on fact, the ingredients, black & white! Go try to sell your food somewhere else!

#20193 Report Abuse
    somebodysme
    Participant

Laughing about the Beneful comment Cyndi…my dog has been through several expensive dog foods trying to find one that’s not causing allergies and my husband says to me yesterday “what about that Beneful dog food that’s supposed to be so good?” HAHA! UGH! 🙁

#20194 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Somebodysme…..While that comment did make me laugh, it also makes me sad. There are so many people in the world that completely believe that Beneful and “foods” like it are “supposed to be so good”. It sickens me that Purina and other companies can and do still sell products like that when they continue to sicken and kill pets. UGH is right! 🙁

#20197 Report Abuse
    paige-s
    Participant

i made this thread to put the awarness out there of a good food for many different issues that dogs have.. thats all. whether the food is or isnt a type of dehyrdrated raw – ive done alot of research myself and others have and the company says it not on any packaging but when i spoke to them-.

so whether theyre wrong, so be it. and i will appoligize if thats the case.
    I would completly agree with everyone else on beneful and purina, whiskas, iams and those companies who advertise how amazing they are and they arent. i know there are lawsuits out there against beneful because there dogs get so sick.. i would never feed my dog nor recommend a food sold in grocery stores. or any food with corn, by products, gluten and so forth,

it sickens me as well that companys are able to get away with things, and how companys lie proctor and gamble who have no business owning pet foods, can buy natura pets .. as we have all seen the massive recalls recently. Even most vet foods arent that good either however sometimes i understand a dog needs to be on it. my dog was on medi-cal hepatic for a long time for her liver and it didnt help… when i learned about canine caviar special needs for the first time a while ago i put her on it and her liver enzymes have gone down now.. so ALL i wanted to do was spread the word that i have clients and myself on this food and its doing fantastic things for many different dog problems, or just allow them to have normal bowel movements as the food isnt filled with alot of stuff.

this thread was not intended to be a back and forth argument. there is alot of stuff i know a lot of people disagree with the things dr. mike does say, or how he gives out his stars. its not just me, im just voicing i disagree with him on some things. some things i do agree with other i do not. why should foods with 5 stars be allowed to be a 5 star food if it constantly has recalls? i base my food on ingrediants, and also recalls are taken into consideration.

i just want people to know that CC is a good food and does good things ! i could easily of started a thread of another food, but right now i know many people who arent aware of this food because in canada its newer and hasnt been around that long here, i know its been around since for about 15-17 years or so in the United States.
    thats all i wanted to do.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Canine Caviar ! BEST FOOD FOR ANY ISSUE!!’ is closed to new replies.