šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dfwgolden
    Participant

I have a 16 week old purebred Border Collie puppy out of working stock lines.
    He’s an amazing pup in every way, intelligent, lively, loving, and very social.

However….

Ricky has since I got him had very loose stools. We have three other dogs two Golden Retrievers and a Chihuahua (Shh, don’t tell him I called him a dog!)
    None of our other three ever had loose stools, Ricky also poops a lot!
    Not like 4-5 times like some puppies do but like 8-10 times a day.

His potty training has been an extreme difficulty and is not progressing as it should.
    We’ve tried changing foods and adding supplements.
    He just has show no signs of improvement.

I am a big fan of the raw diet but am not currently able to feed that with my finances.
    He is currently on Diamond Lamb and Rice Large breed puppy.
    My other dogs eat Diamond with no problems what so ever, they have a nice shiny coat and have never been in better health.

What do I do about this? I just am all over the board here and don;t understand why he poops SO MUCH and why it is so loose.
    He is 100% healthy (had a blood panel done and everything) he is on Revolution for fleas and HW.
    He gets feed in the afternoon around 12:00pm and at night around 6:00pm
    Then gets a small snack of food before I leave for school around 7:00am of so.

He is very active and shows know underlying issues what so ever. His coat is beautiful! No smelly breath, or itching ect.

I just am baffled.

#26824 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

If his coat is fine and he isn’t itching, he doesn’t have a rancid grease smell, etc. then try a spoonful of pure canned pumpkin, probiotics, and digestive enzymes. If this does the trick, then he just needed a little help adjusting to the food. If it doesn’t help within a couple weeks, try something completely different like Earthborn Holistic Grain Free Great Plains Feast.

#26832 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

Has he had a fecal test for Giardia and Coccidia? For some reason this is not always included in the “standard” test. Call your vet to make sure.

#26846 Report Abuse
    Dfwgolden
    Participant

Neezerfan- He cleared his fecal nothing not even worms. He also shows NO symptoms of either illness other than frequent elimination and loose stools.

He wont touch Earthborn and where I live it’s almost $80 a bag.
    The vet stated that the Pumpkin and Yogurt was a great idea, so we are going to try that.

If that doesn’t work I will switch him to Pure Balance Dry and Canned and hope that helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.