šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Holly E

I know this isn’t an Editor’s Choice food, but a highly recommended the last I read. I’m wondering if anyone is feeding their cat or dog this food and experienced any problems? My cat and dog have done great on this food and it seemed like a great option being low carb/starch free for a dog with chronic uti’s, however they have seemed to develop allergies. My cat, watery eyes and my dog watery eyes and itching. It most certainly could be environmental, but could it also be something in the food? And if admin reads this why isn’t it an “Editor’s Choice” food? Are there questionable or less inferior ingredients?

#87431 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

First, stop feeding Wysong immediately, fast for 24 hours, provide lots of water. Rinse and wipe their eyes out with sterile saline. Give both a bath. I tried Wysong before and it wreaked all kinds of havoc on my pups, plus it eventually molded in the bag. I avoid formulas that contain yeast extract and fermentation products. Pretty disgusting ingredients.

#87432 Report Abuse
    Holly E

Thanks for your response. The yeast caught my attention today. I will be switching foods asap.

#88586 Report Abuse
    Josh H

Yeah, but isn’t yeast (like Brewer’s yeast) used in flea and tick prevention?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.