šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sue S

Hello, Trying to figure out which is better for a dog with very, very soft stools.

I have heard that “Grain Free” is better and been told that “Whole Grain” is the way to go.
    Feedback anyone?

#115178 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I canā€™t speak about GF vs whole grain but I have to use a low fiber food for my Ginger. Earthborn Primitive Natural is 2.5% think, some of the Victor foods are 3.8.

#115179 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Sue S-
    What are you currently feeding that you think miscasting the soft stools?

Have you taken a stool sample in to be tested for worms and/or parasites?

#115185 Report Abuse
    Sue S

Hi, She is currently on Royal Canin Hydrolyzed Protein. Was on Science Diet (which I’ll never use again). The vet also has her on Proviable-Forte, paste & capsules. She has been on the Proviable-Forte several times too. All stool samples come back clear.

Trying this Royal Canin Hydrolyzed Protein route, (only temporary) but looking for a replacement “Dry” dog food and wanted to see if “Whole Grain” should be considered or “Grain Free” in my choices.

#115591 Report Abuse
    Gee

Ok, yikes. My vet put my corgi on Hills science diet for loose stools. What are the cons of this brand?

#115595 Report Abuse
    Gee

Test

#115694 Report Abuse
    Denise M

Canā€™t speak to the grain free/whole grain issue but I have a retired racing greyhound currently on T of the Wild Lamb and oh my have we ever had loose cow patties. Has been tested and negative for worms – I have added canned Pumpkin 1/8 cup once a day and voila. So if thatā€™s of any help to OP – if not tried could be worth your effort. Thatā€™s plain canned pumpkin not pie filling. Good luck

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Denise M. Reason: Bad auto correct!!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.