🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 151 post (of 151 total)
  • Author
    Patricia A
    Participant

I just read Mike Sagmans home page AGAIN as I did when I first found this board a few years ago. It just reminded me of why I was relieved to find The Dog Food Advisor Board. I desperately needed a starting point in choosing dog food for my three Chihuahuas. I would be in a pet store for hours second guessing if I’m feeding them the most nutritious food. It is just so overwhelming with all the brands, flavors, cans, raw etc.
    I am now confidently feeding freeze dried primal flavors, Stella’s and Bixbi Rawbbles in rotation. I go by the proteins Mike reviews as 5*’s. I also give a small amount of Stella’s kibble. Also rated by him as 5*. They are healthy and eat with enthusiasm. I was concerned about Stella’s raw coated kibble when this DCM scare came to light. It does have peas up high on ingredient list. However, Mike has not changed his 5 star review for this grain free food. He states in reviews that the abundance of protein in this brand comes from meat and not the peas. It also has added Taurine .Chihuahuas’ are not to my knowledge listed as one of the breeds most likely effected by DCM but will have them tested yearly.
    I will continue to read his reviews and put my trust in him and his staff to provide me enough info to make informative decisions in what to feed my fur babies. Dog food Advisor statement below.

We Obsess Over Dog Food
    So You Don’t Have To

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Patricia A.
Viewing 151 post (of 151 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.