šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Haleybop

I am having a discussion on facebook regarding who owns TOTW. I have always known it to be manufactured by Diamond who is owned by Schell and Kampeter, Inc. A dog food retailer is telling me that as of April 2014, “Mars bought Nutura. Natura was owned by P&G. Natura owned TOTW, Innova, Evo,Calif Naturals and Healthwise.” I told her I didn’t think TOTW belonged in that group. She goes on to say “Diamond never owned TOTW. They manufactured it for Natura. P&G owned Natura until they sold it to Mars in April of 2014. Mars is an owner AND a manufacturer.” She also tells me that Mars is the worst of the worst (I agree) but that TOTW is a great food. I’m very confused. Does Mars own and manufacture TOTW now? If so, that’s a deal breaker for me.

Also, did anyone see that TOTW posted on their FB page that the High Prairie formulas now contain beef? Thoughts? They kind of admit it’s for pricing…

#50856 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

TOTW is owned by Diamond.

#50858 Report Abuse
    Haleybop

This lady insists it’s not and has never been. She says it was manufactured by Diamond, but, well, you see what she’s saying. We’re having a rather heated debate. Sigh. You wouldn’t think it’d be so hard to find information on who owns what and who makes what. Thank you!

#50859 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

She is dead wrong. It is a well known fact that Diamond owns and manufactures TOTW. No one else has ever owned or manufactured TOTW in the US. Try googling “Who owns Taste of the Wild dog food” and see what you get. Post the link to her. People like that often don’t believe the facts when they are presented with them, so don’t waste too much of your energy on it.

#50860 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog
    #50862 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

TOTW is a Diamond brand, just like Diamond Naturals. It’s not even a case of Diamond being the co-packer for TOTW.

It’s funny how we think sometimes we know something to be a fact and are completely wrong, and it’s very hard to convince someone otherwise when they think they’re right AND being stubborn.

This is old (from the 2012 Diamond recall), but it is on the TOTW Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/tasteofthewildpetfood/posts/10150797118044524

#50864 Report Abuse
    Haleybop

Oh, she’s adamant about it but wouldn’t give me any proof. For a minute, I thought she was just trying to discourage TOTW sales. She insists that because she owns a pet food store, “I’m a retailer I get notifications from my suppliers on when companies change hands or manufacturing. I can’t share those publicly.” Why not? I’m not sure her intentions but she has a lot of people believing her. You’re all right, though. I’ve spent too much time debating something I believe to be true and I’ve wasted entirely too much energy and emotion on it. Thanks so much for your input!

#50866 Report Abuse
    Haleybop
    #50868 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

LOL Haleybop! That article doesn’t say anything about TOTW. I wonder if she’s confusing TOTW with EVO. All you can do is share your links and maybe she’ll eventually read them and then, at least at some point, be better informed.

#50870 Report Abuse
    Haleybop

Who knows?! She insisted that it included TOTW – I told her I thought she was confused. Thanks for making me feel better. I just didn’t like her leading people in the wrong direction. Recalls or not, TOTW is much better than so many others.

#50872 Report Abuse
    USA

This is DIAMOND’s own website. It lists Taste Of The Wild as one of the foods made by DIAMOND.

http://diamondpetcompany.com/#our-brands

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.