šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dwil801

I have been lurking around this site for a while and I think I am ready to feed my 15 lb Yorkie raw full time. First of all THANKS for all of the valuable infomation that I have gained from this site. I am still a little confused but I am going to give this a shot.
    I will be supplementing his diet with Iceland Pure Sardine/Anchovy Oil, Vitamin E, Nature’s Logic Whole Food Supplement, Cod Liver Oil. I will also add eggs, sardines and yogurt occasionally.
    I just rec’d an order from http://www.topqualitydogfood.com (local = no shipping $). I ordered:
    1. BEEF Healthy Variety Mix: No Bone
    HVM: 7% Veggie/Fruit mix, 10% Beef Heart, Liver and Kidney, Organic whole eggs
    2. DUCK HVM: Bone content 30%
    HVM: 7% organ meat and 7% veggie/fruit mix
    3. Chicken HVM Bone content 26%
    HVM: 7% Veggie/Fruit Mix, 10% Chicken Livers and Heart
    4. Lamb HVM: Bone content 35%
    HVM: 7% organ meat and 7% veggie/fruit mix
    5. Icelandic Lamb: No organs Bone content roughly 20%
    6. 80/20 ground Beef with 20% green tripe and 10% Beef heart and Liver, No Bone
    5. Green Tripe
    Some of these grinds seem to have high bone content and low in organs. Any idea how to balance the C&P ratios? Should I add any additional supplements?

#30001 Report Abuse
    dwil801

Can anyone out there help me? I realize this post may seem to be advertisement for TQDF especially since this is my first and only post, but I have no affiliation with the company. I guess I shouldn’t have included their name as the title. But if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

#30005 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I would mix the no bone ones half and half with the high bone ones. They shouldn’t be counting heart as an organ at all, for organ purposes only secreting organs count. Heart is an excellent meat to include, but counting it as an organ means these are even lower in organs than they want it to appear. I think the Nature’s Logic will help with that.

I wouldn’t mind using this with other commercial raw foods, but I don’t think I would feed it alone for a long period of time.

#30006 Report Abuse
    dwil801

Thanks Patty!! Is it okay to mix the beef with the poultry grinds or should I add a poultry grind with no bone?

#30009 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

You can mix and match.

#30014 Report Abuse
    dwil801

Thanks!!

#30026 Report Abuse
    A.Sandy

Hi,
    Just make sure to monitor the amount of cod liver fed or don’t feed for long periods of time to prevent liver toxicity. And also keep an eye for any changes your pup might have with all these supplements because if you are feeding a complete balanced meal you don’t need to give so many because it actually counter acts(causes deficiencies).

-Ana
    pet nutrition expert/advisor
    pupcatnutrtion.com
    @pupcatfacts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.