🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 101 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Bobby dog
    #42741 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I’ve yet to find decently priced coconut oil around here. I have tons of fish oil though, that I get with (what else??) coupons. Three a day between Haley and Dweezle means they go fast. I usually get paid for them though, so that’s ok :p Some day I’ll try them on coconut oil!

#42752 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

No coco oil at your Wal-Mart? That’s where I have bought my last couple of jars. Mine carries Spectrum Organic unrefined for $8.99, much cheaper than my local healthfood or grocery store. I forgot to look for it at BJ’s the last time I was there. Seems like most posters here found good deals on it at whole sale clubs, maybe Sam’s Club has it? There are a couple of websites I found with large containers at a good price with free s&h too and sometimes Amazon has deals on it. You gotta try it, I love it on my toast in the morning.

#42753 Report Abuse

I get my coconut oil at BJ’s. 36 ounces for around $10. Can’t beat it. I give my Dane 3T per day.

#42757 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

That’s a great price, the oil I got at WM is 14 oz for $8.99. I am putting it on my BJ’s list now. I always forget to look for it when I am there, thanks for the info! 🙂

#42758 Report Abuse

No problem! 🙂 It’s Organic Coconut Extra Virgin Oil by Better Body Foods. It has a purple label.

#42813 Report Abuse
    Naturella

I will have to look into that too as my supply is going down… I just made the richest, most amazing chewy chocolate chip cookies with part coconut flour, almond flour, (regular flour), coconut oil, coconut butter, and regular butter. Um, I’m cookie-drunk! LoL. But nom!

Anyway, Akari, I bet fish oil does awesome things for Dweezle and Haley – coconut oil should too. Haven’t really tried fish oil on Bruno yet, but coconut oil made him super soft and shiny! 🙂

#42875 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Cindy, I give him honey for his allergies. It’s also good for itchiness. I just give him a little squirt. It’s 1 tablespoon twice a day for large dogs (50+ pounds), and he’s only 7 or 8 pounds. I don’t really put much science into it… Lol

Viewing 8 posts - 101 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.